The Legend of BIONICLE

What's wrong with Vezon making an appearance? All they need to do is have a Turaga say "We once had a strange traveler like you, he soon vanished and none of us have seen him since. Vezon, was it?" when they meet a Toa/all 6 Toa.

I was okay with Vezon. What I WASN'T as okay with was the rampant dimension-hopping in Bionicle's later years, and giving the ability to do so to the most volatile character in the entire series was a HUGE mistake. The idea of alternate dimensions quickly made it so that the universe was that much more complex—not only did you have the complexity of the main universe, but you had other universes intruding and bringing more complexity with them.

I want the new theme to be able to progress and develop independently, and bringing in characters from the original Bionicle universe would be the quickest way to ruin that. If a character like Vezon can just pop in whenever the plot demands then all of a sudden the potential for random plot twists in the story skyrockets, with characters able to interfere with the logical flow of the story at any conceivable moment.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Nobody likes Vezon. 

Technically not true; Greg loves him.

Technically, that doesn't matter - love is a true commitment to the true good of a person, thing, object, or idea/cause. It has nothing to do with the transient feelings of positive emotions that liking is. 

:P

• Upvote 1

I thought that love couldn't be defined...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Oooh. I'm not sure I really have any concrete feelings on this as a reboot, especially not since I've been out of Bionicle for so long; but if nothing else, it certainly appeals to my sense of nostalgia. I know a lot has changed in it, but still... brings me back to when I was a kid watching the original Bionicle legends for the first time.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Wow, I can't believe I started all this... :afro: (all this meaning the Vezon discussion)

@Torchbearer  They're called Protectors, not Turaga... JEEZ!!! :P

@Rahkshii Lalonde   I thought that canon went out the window after the Dark Mirror, the Bara Magna story, and the 2015 reboot. :bah-sign:

Edited by Dallior08

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Am I the only one who thinks that the Mask of Control looks too much like the Kanohi Garai?

I can kind of see a resemblance between them if I look at them from their fronts. But otherwise I don't think they look too much alike. But that is just my opinion. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

What's wrong with Vezon making an appearance? All they need to do is have a Turaga say "We once had a strange traveler like you, he soon vanished and none of us have seen him since. Vezon, was it?" when they meet a Toa/all 6 Toa.

I was okay with Vezon. What I WASN'T as okay with was the rampant dimension-hopping in Bionicle's later years, and giving the ability to do so to the most volatile character in the entire series was a HUGE mistake. The idea of alternate dimensions quickly made it so that the universe was that much more complex—not only did you have the complexity of the main universe, but you had other universes intruding and bringing more complexity with them.

I want the new theme to be able to progress and develop independently, and bringing in characters from the original Bionicle universe would be the quickest way to ruin that. If a character like Vezon can just pop in whenever the plot demands then all of a sudden the potential for random plot twists in the story skyrockets, with characters able to interfere with the logical flow of the story at any conceivable moment.

This. So much of this.

• Upvote 1
Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

So, it's a reboot.  This is rather...discombobulating...(I just used THAT word.  #### just got serious)

I'm assuming it's a reboot, due to the new lore, so I had already assumed the story will be slightly different so us old fans don't spoil it for the noobies, however I wasn't expecting there to be changes in the way everything works in the Bionicle universe.  All I can really say right now is that there better me another MNOG or something like that.

While I'm not against the idea of near-total reboot, I am worried for what audience this is directed towards. 

So, it's a reboot.  This is rather...discombobulating...(I just used THAT word.  #### just got serious)

I'm assuming it's a reboot, due to the new lore, so I had already assumed the story will be slightly different so us old fans don't spoil it for the noobies, however I wasn't expecting there to be changes in the way everything works in the Bionicle universe.  All I can really say right now is that there better me another MNOG or something like that.

While I'm not against the idea of near-total reboot, I am worried for what audience this is directed towards. 

It's aimed at kids, just like the old theme was. But we're not those kids anymore, and some of us haven't been for quite a long time.

But just because the theme isn't aimed at us doesn't mean we won't be able to enjoy it. All you have to do is keep an open mind.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yes, you are. And anyways, what difference would that make?

Am I the only one who thinks that the Mask of Control looks too much like the Kanohi Garai?

I can kind of see a resemblance between them if I look at them from their fronts. But otherwise I don't think they look too much alike. But that is just my opinion. 

I don't know, really. As soon as I saw the Mask of Control, my mind screamed "GARAI!" Because they both appear very cobra-like to me. And now everyone is going to go and contradict that.  :P

I don't know, really. As soon as I saw the Mask of Control, my mind screamed "GARAI!" Because they both appear very cobra-like to me. And now everyone is going to go and contradict that.  :P

The part of the Mask of Control you're seeing as a cobra's "hood" actually appears to be a pair of horns. So it's more ram-like than cobra-like.

• Upvote 1

The part of the Mask of Control you're seeing as a cobra's "hood" actually appears to be a pair of horns. So it's more ram-like than cobra-like.

Now that I look at it... huh, it does make sense. But does anyone think that the Garai appears kinda cobra-like?

Now that I look at it... huh, it does make sense. But does anyone think that the Garai appears kinda cobra-like?

Sort of, but I've always thought of it more like a horseshoe crab, given the underwater setting and all that.

• Upvote 2