Like the Story in the New Bionicle Video?

2015 Bionicle Story  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a genwunner. I prefer the Spherus Magna canon hands down. When franchises are given 100% reboots like this (Digimon for instance), I have a bad habit of losing interest completely.

That said, it's still premature for me to form a final opinion of the new canon. I simply hope we see more elements from Gen 1 Bionicle, eg. the Dark Hunters, Skrall and baterra, and more Toa of more elements.

In 2010, a BIONICLE genwunner would have been someone who hated the idea of Spherus Magna and thought the good ol' days were the Toa on Mata Nui, without any Metru Nui or Artakha or anything.

I think there's a whole lot of potential here. Who knows, maybe someday LEGO will have to cancel BIONICLE II because it got too convoluted after 2020, with it turning out Ekimu was actually a species and the Ekimu we'd known the whole time is actually named Noblon.

• Upvote 5

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I absolutely enjoyed the video that was released yesterday, it felt so much like the early 2000s BIONICLE sets and storyline, simple with one goal find the masks of power and you will save the universe, the narrator though I wish could have been the original narrator for all the BIONICLE commercials and videos, this one: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SncS-qibr7k

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I like that the reboot is channeling the essence of 2001. The mysticism has dwindled by making Makuta and his brother inhabitants of the island, but it doesn't bother me, honestly.

I believe they could've easily made it a continuation, set on Spherus Magna, but I still like this reboot universe. :)

• Upvote 1

As I had said before, I still believe that we'll see some 3-D CGI clips of these Toa in ads. When advertizing, you want to make it look almost exactly like the product you're selling, so it would not be wise to advertize Bionicle in cartoon-format. It will either be that, or clips of people holding the Toa, and then a clip of the cartoon, but I think that is unlikely.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

I really love the new story, IMO it takes a lot of the good stuff from 2001 but still changes the plot enough to get me excited about where this is going. As other have mentioned before, the visual style of the video is a little too cartoonish, but considering MNOLG was also cartoonish I am sure I can learn to like it. I like the idea that the mask makers are actually very powerful and ancient beings, I was imagining the same thing already in 2001 and was actually a little bit disappointed that mask making turned out to be just the stereotypical Ta-Metruan job in 2004.

I think this video in no way spoils the mystery of the story. Okay, it visually depicts Makuta and Ahkmou (or whatever his name is), but a cartoonish depiction doesn't necessarily reveal everything about the character, particularly if they can shapeshift. We saw a cartoonish version of Makuta in MNOLG as well, that didn't take the mystery out of him. There are so many unanswered questions about the two brothers: where did they come from? Why do they make masks? How did everybody end up on Okoto?

Besides, we haven't even been to Okoto yet, so we don't know what it's like on the ground there. Maybe the resting place of the brothers is a mystery? And what about that ancient city and the Lord of the Skull Spiders? What are they? What do they want? Where did they come from?

IMO it's not fair to say the new story is not mysterious or complicated enough based on a two minute video. The original 2001 video about the legend with the stones in Amaja Nui wasn't enough to create a complicated and mysterious story either, that was built over time with MNOLG, the comics, the books, the movies etc.

• Upvote 2

Not recalling my sources, but apparently the Makuta is awakening again and the Skull Spiders are kind of like Kraata, but formed from his half-awake dreams or somthing like that.

And this post will be removed in 3... 2... 1...

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I like the idea of a reboot and I feel like Lego has made all the right changes. If you look at the Toa's bios, their personalities were already somewhat formed in 2003, in fact, some parts of the bios could have been directly copy and pasted from a 2003 Bionicle Encyclopedia. The only reason I didn't vote strong yes was that 1) there were no matoran or Turaga appearances confirmed, and 2) the number of Hero sets heavily outnumbers the villains.

I can't believe I'm back here...I havn't posted in...a long time certainly...I stopped coming when the story ended the last time, and I'd say I even quite part way through the final saga...and now I somehow stumbled across this video and cautiously checked back...

I am very happy with the video. I like the look of the new place. A few aesthetic choices are meh for me, but on the whole they are minor things. I like the idea of the mask-makers. Makes me think of Muramasa and Masamune...I have to say, I'm not thrilled with this variation of Makuta. He seems...less scary. I loved how dark and mysterious the original Makuta always was, and how he always seemed to be this force in control that could never really overcome, just hold back for a while. This version seems more like a jealous brother throwing a tantrum (which, you could argue the original Makuta sort of was too, but he had the power and class to back it up).

Other than that one thing though, I quite like it, and I'm looking forward to the new story :)

• Upvote 1
The world's most awesome quotes...
((1))((2))((3))((4))((5))((6))((7))((8))((9))((10))((11))
My Epics Challenges, and Hopeless

I've really liked what I've seen so far: The story of two brothers, six heroes protecting villagers, a hunt for masks. It's very Bionicle at its heart, but with some new blood. I'm very excited to see how Ekimu and Makuta's stories play out, as well as meeting the Toa for the first time, again.  ;)

:pakari:

[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

I absolutely enjoyed the video that was released yesterday, it felt so much like the early 2000s BIONICLE sets and storyline, simple with one goal find the masks of power and you will save the universe, the narrator though I wish could have been the original narrator for all the BIONICLE commercials and videos, this one: 

While I wish they used the deeper voiced narrator as well, I believe this narrator did work on Bionicle before too. See - 2001 Rahi commercial.

As I had said before, I still believe that we'll see some 3-D CGI clips of these Toa in ads. When advertizing, you want to make it look almost exactly like the product you're selling, so it would not be wise to advertize Bionicle in cartoon-format. It will either be that, or clips of people holding the Toa, and then a clip of the cartoon, but I think that is unlikely.

Always assumed so as well, same deal as Bionicle 2001 with both CGI animation and MNOG being very different in art style. I think it will be a given that at least the TV commercials will be in realistic CGI.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg