BZPower: Review

Ghidora131

I'm happy you hold BZPower in high esteem. So do I and I don't regret having been part of this site for over nine years and a staff member for over six. :) Go spread the word and let's preserve what people like and appreciate our community for. This community has taught me more than any other on the web and I'm pretty sure I've spent more time here than on any other site, too. :P

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 2

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

This is by far my favorite forum site on any level, the people on here are great, the amount of content is fantastic and everyone seems to get along with one another which I think is needed for any forum site or it just wont work.

• Upvote 2

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

BZP has its fair share of problems, but it's hands-down the best Internet community I've ever seen. There's activity, a good sense of community, readable posts, etc. I can get frustrated with the tendency towards blog drama, but that's really settled down to the point where interesting discussion is misread for controversy.

Honestly, I feel that this is a place where one can post deep and thought-out opinions and have people actually read it and take it in and reply thoughtfully. Do that elsewhere and people either don't read it or they take something you said and twist it well out of its context.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I have to agree whole-heartedly. I've been on many forums but none have been as "civilized" as BZPower. There are restrictions but I think that actually makes it a much more friendly and well-maintained community with barely any issues between members, hardly any trolling and lots of good debates.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

BZP is really the only forum where I am an active member. I don't visit other sites with forum too often, but I've read and heard stories of how members treat each other on them. I've also read Youtube comments, and if they're any indication of what goes on in some forums, I'm glad I mainly stay here. :P

So yes, I do agree that BZP is definitely one of the best sites I visit on the internet. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It's what BZPower is built around. It's the most important thing for any forum and if they don't mix the good things about it just right, it ends up flat, dull, and open for any bad info or public humiliation and degrading to seep in.

I decided to take a look at websites in general, and I found out this:

This website is one of the few shining crown points of sense and reason on the internet.

The truth is, though, it is slowly slipping. Little by little, this website is falling through the cracks of responsibility and cleanliness. And as I stated earlier, it's up to you. Don't expect the Moderators to swipe this site off of a cliff, you've got to pull this site back up and possibly higher. Insist on keeping it clean, advertise on other sites, be friendly and helpful and encouraging, should a fellow member be shunned, pull him back up as before, It's you who has to save this site, and it's time to stop sitting around.

I would usually end this with a corny pun, but it's serious time now.

Get out there, and save BZPower!

Thankfully, I've had pretty positive experiences with forums in general. Pretty much the only other ones that I go to (and then, just occasionally) are BMP and Dragonmount, which are both very well handled.

But BZPower is, indeed, a very good forum, and I'm glad it is kept that way.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I must wholeheartedly concur with everyone else. I've seen a lot on my internet travels, but BZPower is one of the few sites whose ranks I've joined willingly and freely. (The rest required some hemm-hawwing, pulling, or someone flat-out making the account for me.)

It's mostly because this place is really friendly. It's well-staffed, and everyone here is supportive of one another. If someone needs help, it's provided with a few other nice tips. It also stays on topic, and there are strict rules in place to prevent trolling and flaming. And our amazing staff cracks down hard on that. And I think, somehow, the older members teach the younger ones lessons in maturity and reasoning. I've learned a lot alone from reading the works of some amazing people, which in turn inspired me and will hopefully inspire others. There's no "Oh, you're an idiot for thinking that" or such. Even after seven years, I'm happy to come back and communicate with fellow fans. It still feels safe.

And with a new generation of fans coming in, we need to be more ready than ever to be helpful and kind. A forum is only as good as its members. And this is one of the best forums I have ever seen. :)

Defy Expectations

I hear some pretty bad things about this place. But actually being here is a different story. I am glad I signed up after years of reading Set Reviews and now I see that all the bad things they say are false. This place isn't perfect, but it's better than most forums where Mods rule with an iron fist.  

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Some people just hold an immature grudge against us because they felt they were banned for an unfair reason. Of course, whether or not that was the case I can't judge (but I do know the current administration is very fair and professional and I trust their good judgement) but I've seen the staff facing the craziest accusations that I'm not going to talk about here. Just ignore them and don't let them ruin your fun on our great site. ;) And of course, if you have the chance, spread the word about how our site truly is. ^_^

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I stood up for you guys when some whelp was badmouthing you on the LEGO gold mask announcement page. He said stuff about you guys shutting down other sites and not allowing Bionicle to be discussed anywhere else but here. HE also said the admins were terrible and out of touch with the users and that the reviews are biased.

I chewed him out so bad they deleted both our comments.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Thank you for standing up, but it's better if you leave them alone. I've seen that kind of person often enough (not just concering this topic) and they usually have an irrational hate they try to support with, most of the time, ridiculous and wrong arguments, just like the one you mentioned - how the heck would be be supposed to shut down other fan sites and why? I've seen a blatantly false and pretty harsh accusation on another site (the person doing so even claimed he was not joking but if you thought a bit about what he said, his accusation was not just wrong but logically inconsistent) but I decided it was not worth getting into an argument. Just let them be and remember, no matter what you like or enjoy, there will always be someone somewhere hating it for whatever reason. It's not worth your time and enjoyment trying to convince them when their opinion is not built on a logical and rational foundation that can be changed with other logical and rational arguments, usually you'll only end up in a pointless argument and with a bad temper afterwards.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 3

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Honestly, I speak my thoughts when I do reviews. You couldn't get me to say what you want even if you paid me a Trillion dollars. (When you think about it, that's darn tempting) For being on here, searching out every topic and every discussion, I think I know what I'm talking about.

• 1 month later...