Mafia: Damage Control

Quisoves Potoo

Thank you all for your kind words!

Here's the next scene:

Voting ended, and all eyes were on . Each villager knew what had to be said, and yet could not bring himself to do so. Finally, @Rahkshi Guurahk spoke: "Phantom Terror, by the arbitrary, though well-intentioned, justice of Botalnu, you have been sentenced to quit this sphere. Regardless of your guilt, you shall be mourned. Have you any final requests?"

The condemned responded: "Only one. I wish to die by decapitation."

@Seaborgium considered this for a moment, then said "Are you sure you want to die that way, my good fellow? I was once told by someone (I believe that it was the Sapphire Shaman,) that those who are bisected can barely feel the life-ending blade. It would be jolly for you if your death were so painless."

"I appreciate your concern, Seaborgium, but I am resolute in my desire to end my life by beheading."
"Will nothing shake you," said Manducus. "Pleas, entreaties, all useless?"

"I'm afraid so, my friend."

With that, Phantom Terror was marched solemnly to the center of the village, the silence broken only by the rum-tum-tum of the ceremonial drums. As the villagers watched grimly, Rahkshi Guurahk raised the snickersnee. Time seemed to slow as the wicked blade followed its downward-arc, the Phantom Terror's calm face like that of one in waking. To the villagers, it felt as if the sword's glint was an omen, shooting down from the heavens.

And then, time snapped and the deed was done. The villagers looked on remorsefully. And then they remembered. To some it brought hope, to some fear. But they all knew that they had killed the Onyx Shaman.

Just as the crowd was beginning to disperse, gave a shout, and all turned their attention to that which he was indicating. The Phantom Terror's eyes were once again glowing, as if he were living. And then, the head spoke: "I'm sorry things had to happen this way. I hope that you understand that I bear you no ill-will. But before I bid you all a final farewell, there is something that I must attend to. You see, I wasn't the only Shaman to choose Burnmad. The Sapphire Shaman did so as well. My victim would never have died, save for some cosmic hiccup. But I can mend this. And that is why I chose to die as I did."
As the shocked villagers looked on, the Phantom Terror's headless body dissolved, fading away in an instant.
"Now, if I were you, I'd be getting over to Burnmad's grave. He'll be wanting out. Farewell, my friends!"
And with that, his eyes went dark.

, Onyx Shaman, executed on Day Two.

, resurrected on Day Two.

Night Three

As the villagers returned from Haipori-Nui's temple for the final time that day, they felt relieved. Not only had Burnmad been restored to life, but the island was noticeably cooler. Slightly comforted they, retired to their dwellings.

Night had fallen, and the time of murder once again approached.

Temperature: Hot.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

meaningful contribution: It has taken us 8 villager-aligned roles to take out 2 mafia. If this pattern continues, then there will only be 7 people left by the end of it, not factoring in weather conditions.

Keep in mind that rider of kikanalo was killed by someone and he was mafia. It is possible that there is more than one evil faction out to get us. With all the unknown deaths and lack of role reveals it seems likely someone is trying to kill us all.

*cough*Voltex*cough*

All in all, we need to be wary, and be more careful tomorrow.

Edited by Toa Chuck

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Ok, I've been keeping this a secret too long. I've got a role that almost none of you know about. I didn't say this before because I didn't want to be targeted, but now seems like a good time.

I'm the Opal Shaman detector. The Opal Shaman detector can investigate a person to see if they're the Opal Shaman.

Originally, there were five shamans. The fifth Shaman, the opal Shaman was the most powerful. But evil corrupted the Opal Shaman's heart, and so he was banished from Botanu for his wickedness. He was forgotten, but now comes to seek his revenge. He is really powerful, so even I(the special Opal Shaman Detector role) don't know his full power. I do know he can make villagers become deranged, and do other strange things as well. 

I do know his mission, though. He is trying to kill off all the Shamans. I don't know if that will win him the game, but it will at least give him so extra abilities and pretty much seal our fate.

I have pretty much narrowed the list to three suspects, Councilor Mandacus, Ddude, and Burnmad. We have to act quickly if we are to live.

Post Scriptum: He needs to control Tara Karda as well. The Mafia is trying to do so as well, so I'm not sure if he's in league with, or parallel to the Mafia.

Edited by Seaborgium

MnRA5kV.png

Ok, I've been keeping this a secret too long. I've got a role that almost none of you know about. I didn't say this before because I didn't want to be targeted, but now seems like a good time.

I'm the Opal Shaman detector. The Opal Shaman detector can investigate a person to see if they're the Opal Shaman.

Originally, there were five shamans. The fifth Shaman, the opal Shaman was the most powerful. But evil corrupted the Opal Shaman's heart, and so he was banished from Botanu for his wickedness. He was forgotten, but now comes to seek his revenge. He is really powerful, so even I(the special Opal Shaman Detector role) don't know his full power. I do know he can make villagers become deranged, and do other strange things as well. 

I do know his mission, though. He is trying to kill off all the Shamans. I don't know if that will win him the game, but it will at least give him so extra abilities and pretty much seal our fate.

I have pretty much narrowed the list to three suspects, Councilor Mandacus, Ddude, and Burnmad. We have to act quickly if we are to live.

Post Scriptum: He needs to control Tara Karda as well. The Mafia is trying to do so as well, so I'm not sure if he's in league with, or parallel to the Mafia.

The idea is to keep this a secret, because now the mafia are going to target you.

• Upvote 5

bBhcfWO.png

Like I said... you can always tell when they're new to Mafia.

It's also possible that Seaborgium is exceptionally clever and is tricking us all, and I have no way of personally verifying any of this - however, the way in which a known Shaman (albeit a deceased one) is reacting to Sea's post would lead me to believe that it probably contains legitimate information.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits