Lariska

I've wanted a Lariska MOC since 2008, when I wanted to make the entire Federation of Fear. My first take, which I never posted, later went against the word from Greg that she had blue and green armor. My version was black and silver, with a gray left arm. She also had orange eyes. Her overall design, including a Piraka torso, are the same. I recall she had Hordika feet, black Piraka legs, and used Takanuva blades instead of Mahri Nui Matoran blades (which doesn't make any sense in hindsight; daggers are by definition small). The head on my new version is a simplified version of one I used on another MOC, Saahrak.

Lariska the Wise, Wonderful and Gloriously Homicidal

"Don't turn your back on an enemy until you're sure she's stopped breathing. And don't turn your back on a Dark Hunter until her body has rotted in the sun and her armor's been scattered to the winds."

Lariska in the Federation of Fear

Edited by Master Inika

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I did make her left arm different. I didn't make it too clear in the picture, I admit, but along with the different shoulder armor, her left arm is black and her lower arm has a Visorak foot on the other side.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Okay, I won't go hating on the Inika build, seeing as it's one of my favourites, but I'm not a very big fan of the legs. The feet seem to small, so really the first step to making that leg design really look good would be to add either a Piraka foot (Either type) or to swap out the lower leg pieces. Personally, I'd swap them for Rahkshi legs, seeing as I find that Rahkshi legs and Metru feet go really well together if you want the impression of someone wiry. Also, I'd change the robotic arm to be silver or light grey, but I understand that you might not have pieces in that colour. Other than that, I like the head, and the armour on her left arm is a good idea! Keep up the good work! :D

VBWj75sh.png

Okay, I won't go hating on the Inika build, seeing as it's one of my favourites, but I'm not a very big fan of the legs. The feet seem to small, so really the first step to making that leg design really look good would be to add either a Piraka foot (Either type) or to swap out the lower leg pieces. Personally, I'd swap them for Rahkshi legs, seeing as I find that Rahkshi legs and Metru feet go really well together if you want the impression of someone wiry. Also, I'd change the robotic arm to be silver or light grey, but I understand that you might not have pieces in that colour. Other than that, I like the head, and the armour on her left arm is a good idea! Keep up the good work! :D

I gave her Metru feet because I thought they were the most feminine-looking feet, and also because it would suit someone stealthy to have small feet. Same with the Piraka legs, I thought they looked muscular. I think clawed Piraka feet would look too beastlike on her, and two-toed Piraka feet would be too big (I think those feet look too big on any canister-sized set, really). My original Lariska had a bulkier-looking gunmetal gray arm, but I decided it would make more sense for her mechanical arm to still be efficient, that is, roughly as sleek and quick as her normal arm. I chose black because I didn't see a reason something "mechanical" in BIONICLE had to look entirely industrial. I mean, the characters are all mostly mechanical, and they still come in aesthetically pleasing colors. Thanks for the comment, though, I proud of the head design and shoulder, too.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg