Name Of The FIrst Toa Team

Erebus

Greg Farshtey has approved the idea that:

Around 100,000 years ago, a group of Toa felt the need to come together to fight off the threats the Matoran Universe faced from dangerous threats like the Rahi. Consisting of eight Toa of different Elements, they were given the name Toa Cordak, the "first" Toa Team. Led by Lesovikk, they established a base and protected the resident Matoran from threats. On one fateful day, the team engaged a horde of Zyglak. Lesovikk hesitated at a crucial moment, allowing the reptilian species to overwhelm the team. Only the leader survived the attack.

With rumors spread through the Matoran Universe about the decimation of the Toa Cordak. a new, pejorative use of Cordak became prevalent: "desolation".

EDIT: Good catch on the "All but the..." part!

Edited by Erebus
  • Upvote 7

jlovfkk.jpg

It's an interesting idea, but I figured that, since they were the first, the conventional method for naming Toa teams didn't exist yet. If anything, I'd guess they would have called themselves the Toa [Matoran word for "Unity"] for a team name that would essentially translate to "The Toa team"

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 4

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Would there even be a need for a team name? The purpose of a team name would be to differentiate themselves from other (and previous) teams. If the concept of a Toa team were new, the only thing that would spur the creation of a name would be some kind of hard-and-fast rule in Matoran grammar.

• Upvote 9

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Why is it as soon as I named my self-MOC team the Toa Kordak, everyone starts using the name? :D

Sounds like a good theory, and I like the name (obviously), but I think I agree with Jacks' theory. Why would they need a unique name if they are already unique as the first team?

• Upvote 1

I didn't make myself clear in the first post: this is not a theory, it is canon now.

It's an interesting idea, but I figured that, since they were the first, the conventional method for naming Toa teams didn't exist yet. If anything, I'd guess they would have called themselves the Toa [Matoran word for "Unity"] for a team name that would essentially translate to "The Toa team"

Toa means "hero", by the way.

jlovfkk.jpg

So what did Cordak mean beforehand, then?

It originally meant desolation. I think that was in one of the 2007 books or something?

Anyway, as late is this little tidbit comes, I'm pretty indifferent. Let's get more details about New!Bionicle instead of the latest thing Greg canonized.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

Maybe Greg needs to be a little less liberal about canonizing ideas :P

According to BS01:

The Cordak Blasters were named after the Matoran word for "desolation."

As for the first Toa team being called the Toa Cordak, I will admit that I'm kind of hesitant about them having a team name. But at least 'Toa Cordak' sounds cool. And any new information on Lesovikk is a good thing. B-)

Edit: Ninja'd on answering the question. But to answer Ballom question, the meaning is found in Bionicle Legends 7, when the Toa Mahri first find the Cordak Blasters.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I approve of this. So was Cordak potentially the name of their island?

Cordak Nui?

That would not make sense since I believe we already know what the name of the first island ever created in the Matoran Universe is called.

It originally meant desolation. I think that was in one of the 2007 books or something?

Anyway, as late is this little tidbit comes, I'm pretty indifferent. Let's get more details about New!Bionicle instead of the latest thing Greg canonized.

~B~

You know, Greg told me he's not the person to ask about 2015 since he's not on the story team. He suggested waiting to see if the story team will answer questions. :P

Then again, the storyline hasn't begun so what's there to ask.

Also, to be fair, I asked about Toa Cordak (a thought I had since 2010) three weeks ago, before we knew ANYTHING about 2015.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

~B~

You know, Greg told me he's not the person to ask about 2015 since he's not on the story team. He suggested waiting to see if the story team will answer questions. :P

Sorry, my post was unclear. I know Greg's not involved with the new story. My point was I don't particularly care about random details he canonizes now that the new Bionicle is here.

~B~

• Upvote 1

Maybe Greg needs to be a little less liberal about canonizing ideas :P

According to BS01:

The Cordak Blasters were named after the [/size]Matoran word for "desolation."[/size]

As for the first Toa team being called the Toa Cordak, I will admit that I'm kind of hesitant about them having a team name. But at least 'Toa Cordak' sounds cool. And any new information on Lesovikk is a good thing. B-)

Edit: Ninja'd on answering the question. But to answer Ballom question, the meaning is found in Bionicle Legends 7, when the Toa Mahri first find the Cordak Blasters.

Yes, I am aware of the current meaning. I was simply wondering what it might have meant before this happened:

With rumors spread through the Matoran Universe about the decimation of the Toa Cordak. a new, pejorative use of Cordak became prevalent: "desolation".

• Upvote 1

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

Cordak Nui?

That would not make sense since I believe we already know what the name of the first island ever created in the Matoran Universe is called.
Just curious, what might that be?

And honestly guys, as much as I'm stoked for Gen2, I think we still should appreciate the little tidbits of news we're getting for the original since there are a lot of unanswered questions. :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

How did Greg approve this?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

And honestly guys, as much as I'm stoked for Gen2, I think we still should appreciate the little tidbits of news we're getting for the original since there are a lot of unanswered questions. :shrugs:

That would be fine, if Greg actually didn't canonize every stupid fan headcanon someone presents him.

Edited by Zidonaro
  • Upvote 6

That would be fine, if Greg actually didn't canonize very stupid fan headcanon someone presents him.

I mean yes, but that's why I believe when an issue arises, like it did over the Nui Stone, a carefully worded question should be posted here for "counsel" and then asked. But that's just me.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

That would be fine, if Greg actually didn't canonize very stupid fan headcanon someone presents him.

I mean yes, but that's why I believe when an issue arises, like it did over the Nui Stone, a carefully worded question should be posted here for "counsel" and then asked. But that's just me.

I don't like this also. He's the one supposed to present us with new information, not us.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. So does that mean Lesovikk kept a Cordak Blaster on his sled as a way to remind himself of his failure?

I shall ask that to Greg.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

And don't forget Pohatu now means "cause as much havoc as possible and run like Karzahni himself is after you."

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Pretty much. I stopped taking his canonizations seriously when he told us that Nidhiki's Volitak was shaped like Nuparu's rather than like Iruini's Kualsi (dude has no sense of aesthetics either).

In any case, for the moment I'm just going to assume that Cordak was the name of the island/village/community in which Lesovikk founded the team.

• Upvote 2

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

aving a team name. But at least 'Toa Cordak' sounds cool. And any new

That's pretty cool. Is there an official source for this selected text or did you just write it yourself?

Cordak Nui?

Just curious, what might that be?

That would be Metru Nui. Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

That's pretty cool. Is there an official source for this selected text or did you just write it yourself?

That's a direct quote from the first post in the thread. It is the official source.

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 1

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

How did Greg approve this?

Erebus whispered it into his ear while he was asleep, and he mumbled something like "yeah that's canon, boy do I love Vezon"

Interesting. So does that mean Lesovikk kept a Cordak Blaster on his sled as a way to remind himself of his failure?

Or he had one before they received that name, and probably got pretty mad when he found out what people called 'em

I think Greg will canonize anything we ask him to at this point. Dude does NOT care anymore. 

"Greg, I suggest that the second Toa team was called the Toa Fikou, but they were all killed by spiders, and now the spiders are called Fikou"

• Upvote 9

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

It's true that nowadays instead of Greg making the story, it's the fans in charge of it now, since he's canonizing anything that anyone asks him to. But to be honest, it doesn't work out so bad all the time. Sure it's pretty silly and needless, but this is a pretty cool head canon that shouldn't be too difficult for anyone to like/get used to (except poor ol' Click  :P ).

Pretty much. I stopped taking his canonizations seriously when he told us that Nidhiki's Volitak was shaped like Nuparu's rather than like Iruini's Kualsi (dude has no sense of aesthetics either).

In any case, for the moment I'm just going to assume that Cordak was the name of the island/village/community in which Lesovikk founded the team.

Why would it be unreasonable for a Volitak to look like a Volitak?

I do think that, given this new info, that that is the most likely previous meaning of Cordak. It makes sense that the team would be named after their home. Sorta like the Toa Metru.

• Upvote 3
How well will you die?

Mainly due to the facts that:

• Toa Iruini and Toa Norik were originally designed with the intention that they were to be Nidhiki and Dume, which accounts for the fact that Iruini's mask is designed with obvious similarities to a Vahki head, which was used to protray post-mutation Nidhiki
  • The Mahri were affected by Pit Mutagen in addition to the Ignika. Is it unreasonable to suspect that, under those circumstances, Nuparu's mask is not what a Volitak normally looks like?
Edited by Jacks

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You