Name Of The FIrst Toa Team

Erebus

<p>

Mainly due to the facts that:

• Toa Iruini and Toa Norik were originally designed with the intention that they were to be Nidhiki and Dume, which accounts for the fact that Iruini's mask is designed with obvious similarities to a Vahki head, which was used to protray post-mutation Nidhiki
  • The Mahri were affected by Pit Mutagen in addition to the Ignika. Is it unreasonable to suspect that, under those circumstances, Nuparu's mask is not what a Volitak normally looks like?
It looks exactly the same except the Tube isn't sticking out of it. That's all there is to it. Same with the rest of the Mahri masks.
  • Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

• Toa Iruini and Toa Norik were originally designed with the intention that they were to be Nidhiki and Dume, which accounts for the fact that Iruini's mask is designed with obvious similarities to a Vahki head, which was used to protray post-mutation Nidhiki
  • The Mahri were affected by Pit Mutagen in addition to the Ignika. Is it unreasonable to suspect that, under those circumstances, Nuparu's mask is not what a Volitak normally looks like?

Yes, Toa Iruni was originally designed to be Nidhiki. But that changed, and Nidhiki's mask design with it.

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

I will never understand the hostility people on here have towards canonizing small tidbits of information. Is this hurting anyone? Does it matter anymore? The original BIONICLE story is over and closed. What's wrong with learning small interesting pieces of information like this? The sarcasm and attitude towards this is unnecessary. Greg allowed this to be canon because he knows it doesn't matter anymore, and also because he probably thought it would be a nice nod to the old fans. Don't see why some folks here have to poke fun at him for it, as if there hasn't been enough of that for the past 5 years/ rant over.

Interesting piece of info. I like the sound of 'Toa Cordak.'

• Upvote 2

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

<p>

I never really thought about the connection between the shape of the Kualsi and the vahki head.

I was not aware of the Pit Mutagen's role in the Inika-Mahri transformation. As I understood it, it was just the Ignika had a role in it, equipping said toa with exernal biomechanical gills to allow them to survive such depths while on their mission. Am I wrong?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Maybe I'm wrong...for some reason I thought all the Ignika did was change their masks and weapons. I seem to recall one of the 2007 novels making it sound as though the Pit Mutagen did the rest. I suppose I'll have to reread that when I'm back home.

I will never understand the hostility people on here have towards canonizing small tidbits of information. Is this hurting anyone? Does it matter anymore? The original BIONICLE story is over and closed. What's wrong with learning small interesting pieces of information like this? The sarcasm and attitude towards this is unnecessary. Greg allowed this to be canon because he knows it doesn't matter anymore, and also because he probably thought it would be a nice nod to the old fans. Don't see why some folks here have to poke fun at him for it, as if there hasn't been enough of that for the past 5 years/ rant over.

Interesting piece of info. I like the sound of 'Toa Cordak.'

It's an interesting tidbit, but it doesn't really serve any purpose, since that whole canon is over, and it doesn't even make sense within that canon. I feel this passage from Tolkien's tumblr sums up the issue eloquently:

This situation (and others before it) reinforces for me how much I want the ‘01-‘10 canon to be…I guess…done. Finished—not as in “completed” with all the loose ends tied up and all the unknowns known, but simply off-limits. Set in stone. With 2015 looming, I’ve been feeling this pretty urgently. We have a new universe to explore. Stop fiddling.

Part of the reason for this is more related to where the suggestions for changes come from these days: In particular, a very small, (dare I say…non-representative?) group of members, who, because they have managed to remain in contact with Greg after his exit from BZP, have a conduit that enables them to insert what are essentially minor fan-theories into the Bionicle canon, without vetting (that I can see?) and without really considering the implications. ...

So while this specific cordak/First Toa Team change isn’t that big of a deal in the Grand Scheme, I think it touches on a bigger problem, that being the desire of a small group of fans to continue fiddling with the original canon. Why? Because they can. That rubs me the wrong way.

Let it rest. Okoto awaits.

Edited by Jacks
  • Upvote 4

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

There is NO pit mutagen role in the Mahri's transformation. The Ignika changed the Toa Inika with the blast of energy it sent out when it was claimed by Pridak. The mask made the Mahri waterbreathers, immune to pit mutagen, removed the lightning powers, and gave them new masks and tools. So yes, I think you did make a mistake. :P

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I never knew that's what the two Toa Hagah sets were originally planned to be. Dang, that would have been really sweet.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

• 2 months later...

Would there even be a need for a team name? The purpose of a team name would be to differentiate themselves from other (and previous) teams. If the concept of a Toa team were new, the only thing that would spur the creation of a name would be some kind of hard-and-fast rule in Matoran grammar.

The Toa Cordak most likely realized that they were not going to be the only team of Toa

"So who are you, exactly?"

"My name is... ah... Toa Vezon. I'm the Toa of... of... Anarchy."

— Alternate Tarduk and Vezon, Reign of Shadows

:kaukaunu:   :kaukau: :rau: :gahlok: :smilemaku: :smilegalinu:  :smilenokama:  :smilegahlok:  :w:  :a:  :t:  :m_d:  :r: