Upvote quota?

Lyichir

When I tried to upvote a post just now I got a message saying "An error occurred. You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day."

This is the first I've heard of such a quota and to me, it seems problematic. Until recently, the reduced activity level on BZP meant that there weren't as many posts, let alone excellent ones that deserved to be upvoted. But now that the activity level is surging thanks to the Bionicle announcement, I don't want to have to ration my upvotes, especially since I have no idea what the actual limit is. Could a staff member shed some light on this for me?

• Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

From what I've heard in the past, the number of daily upvotes is limited to 50. Since this seems like a suggestion, I'd recommend posting it in the Tracker.

Personally, I've never actually upvoted enough posts to encounter the limit, but maybe I just don't upvote as much as most do? 

-Rez

From what I've heard in the past, the number of daily upvotes is limited to 50. Since this seems like a suggestion, I'd recommend posting it in the Tracker.

Personally, I've never actually upvoted enough posts to encounter the limit, but maybe I just don't upvote as much as most do? 

-Rez

I didn't think I upvoted that much either, but with the quantity of smart and/or funny posts about the new sets I guess I hit the limit?

It doesn't help that I have no idea when the day rolls over, either. I definitely didn't upvote 50 things this morning which suggests that it's counting ones from yesterday as well.

I'll go ahead and put raising the limit on the tracker, I guess.

• Upvote 1

I can see why they put the limit there. It could be to keep people from running around and randomly up-voting things because they can. I have no idea why they would do this, but people can act strange sometimes. It sadly has gotten in your way of up-voting comments for actual reasons, but hey, you'll have a fresh batch tomorrow!

I can see why they put the limit there. It could be to keep people from running around and randomly up-voting things because they can. I have no idea why they would do this, but people can act strange sometimes. It sadly has gotten in your way of up-voting comments for actual reasons, but hey, you'll have a fresh batch tomorrow!

But WHEN is tomorrow? Because I reached the quota early this morning, long before I'd upvoted 50 things. That suggests to me that it's still counting upvotes from yesterday, meaning that the rollover point is in a different time zone or something. If that's the case, it'd be nice to know when this afternoon/evening I should get the ability to upvote back. If not, then there must be some sort of error, because I just don't think I could have made 50 upvotes this morning before I got that message.

• Upvote 1

But WHEN is tomorrow? Because I reached the quota early this morning, long before I'd upvoted 50 things. That suggests to me that it's still counting upvotes from yesterday, meaning that the rollover point is in a different time zone or something. If that's the case, it'd be nice to know when this afternoon/evening I should get the ability to upvote back. If not, then there must be some sort of error, because I just don't think I could have made 50 upvotes this morning before I got that message.

I would assume it calculates in 24 hour periods rather than in set days.

-Rez

I was going to tell you to join my campaign, but I see you already have. 

I would assume it calculates in 24 hour periods rather than in set days.

-Rez

I'll verify this as a likely fact. 

• Upvote 1