Bionicle Fans Get the VIP Treament

After New York Comic Con on Thursday, LEGO held a special VIP event at their new Flatiron LEGO Brand Retail Store. In addition to giving out transparent Hau masks and t-shirts, attendees got to build with a lot of the new Bionicle pieces! It was an awesome event and a great opportunity for fans to the line to talk with the creators of Bionicle, and a once in a lifetime event. I hope everyone had as much fun as BZPower did! Read on to check out what it was like!

View the full article

This was an unbelievable experience. I knew we'd get to play with and handle the pieces at the store event as soon as I got the invitation, but I never dreamed that I'd be able to KEEP whatever I built!

You can see what I built here (I'll probably get better photos once I'm back home in Virginia).

Sadly I arrived a half hour late due to trouble navigating to the new LEGO store, but watching the BZPower video it doesn't look like I missed out on too much. Just the chance to put even more time into refining my model!

• Upvote 2

I RSVP'd to the event, but couldn't make it there. I wonder if they could ship me my exclusive mask and t-shirt, but I don't know how to contact them...

There were a limited number of masks and they're all gone. BZPower has some extra masks and shirts though, and we'll find some way to give them away.

Thank you for the information!

It's really great to see the thought that went into this.  I could see the Bionicle aesthetic, but the old-to-new part discussion really brought it home.  I still dislike the animation style just because of personal preference, but I love the media considerations as far as characterization.

BIONICLE

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

This was a really cool and fun event, it was awesome getting to attend and see so much cool Bionicle stuff. It was a huge surprise that we got to keep what we made. For anyone curious this is what we built.

I also have a handful of the clear Tahu Masks and they are pretty awesome too. We did take a bunch of our own pictures but we likely won't get them posted until  after the convention ends tomorrow.

Still, the event was super awesome and we've even talked to some other people about the return of Bionicle, I think the buzz has been pretty positive so far!

This was a really cool and fun event, it was awesome getting to attend and see so much cool Bionicle stuff. It was a huge surprise that we got to keep what we made. For anyone curious this is what we built.

I also have a handful of the clear Tahu Masks and they are pretty awesome too. We did take a bunch of our own pictures but we likely won't get them posted until  after the convention ends tomorrow.

Still, the event was super awesome and we've even talked to some other people about the return of Bionicle, I think the buzz has been pretty positive so far!

Wait wait wait... you were there and I didn't get to meet you? Darn! I'd been wanting to meet you in person for a long time.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wait wait wait... you were there and I didn't get to meet you? Darn! I'd been wanting to meet you in person for a long time.

I got to meet him. Did you not?

Maybe... I guess I vaguely recall it, but it was at a point when I was a little overwhelmed by it all, so I guess I didn't make the connection between "Kohaku from BZP" and "the super-cool Bionicle and Nintendo fan on BZP who I love to hear about".

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Maybe... I guess I vaguely recall it, but it was at a point when I was a little overwhelmed by it all, so I guess I didn't make the connection between "Kohaku from BZP" and "the super-cool Bionicle and Nintendo fan on BZP who I love to hear about".

Ahhhhh I'm flattered that I have such a reputation! I was wearing a red sweatshirt and a blue Legend of Zelda shirt under it. I know I said hi to a bunch of people but honestly after4 days of conventioning it seems like a blur. XD

It was a lot of fun and I hope stuff like this happens again. I do want to make it back to a Lego convention at some point but that will likely be after we manage to fix our house.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be in the same room with the people who brought back Bionicle. That alone would've been really cool. But to make MOCs with the new pieces and get to keep them? That just makes it even better. 

Thanks for posting this video!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png