When Worlds Collide: Your personal life vs. your interest in BIONICLE

ALVIS

When Worlds Collide: Your personal life vs. your interest in BIONICLE  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't get the title. Isn't interest in Bionicle part of our personal lives?

Well, yes, I suppose you're right. I should have said "Your social life vs. your interest in BIONICLE".

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

My boyfriend was quite public with it when he was doing a stop motion with Toa Mata Pohatu. it was kinda one of the catalysts on how we met :3 and i love to talk about it with people but ive been made fun of for talking about it :P i gave up caring long ago.

Borderline moderate and public, leaning more towards moderate. I've become more public with it, and once I trust a friend enough to have them over, it's impossible to hide. Ever since G1 ended, it hasn't been relevant, but with the reboot, guess I'll put it our there more. Everyone knows my love for Transformers, CoD Zombies, and Resident Evil...might as well make Bionicle a bit more known now.

Private. When I was younger (less than ten), I was fortunate enough to have two close friends - one that loved Bionicle and the other that loved system and was aware of Bionicle. Those were good times. Unfortunately, ever since I moved away from that town, I have found only one or two fans of Bionicle - and that was in highschool, where they claimed to no longer be fans... for a variety of reasons, I believed them.

So yeah, private. I try to keep my general geekiness secret until I've grown close enough with people that they no longer care about it.

I sometimes bring it up when talking to my friends about fandoms, though none of them knew about it and don't shpw much interest. On the other hand, I'm introducing my girlfriend to Bionicle and she quite likes it.

Also I guess it will be very public when I ask my parents to buy me one of the new sets for Christmas XD

Well, if someone asked if I liked Bionicle/Lego, I would tell them I do actually that sorta action figure.  And I wouldn't care if someone from school saw me in the toy isle, looking at a couple of sets.

Though I'm not the type of person that would care paraphernalia around everywhere I go. 

• Upvote 1

Nightmare+fuel+dwight+so+i+found+this+gi

My immediate family knows I like Bionicle, and a guy at my church does because his kids like it and we've briefly discussed it a few times. I don't generally talk about my interests, however, and due to slightly losing interest in Bionicle during its last year and it being gone for a few years, I don't usually count it as one of my interests (though that could very well change with the reboot). Still, I doubt it will come up. I don't have many close friends, and those I do have know little about Lego in general, and they certainly don't know about Bionicle, so I don't have much reason to talk about it.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Haven't mentioned it to any friends who I don't already know are interested in LEGO. That said I don't keep it secret, I will admit to being a fan if it comes up, otherwise I probably won't even mention it. That is more due to it being really awkward when I bring something up with no relevance to what is being discussed.

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

Private. Since the beginning of university I've only mentioned it once or twice outside of my family, mostly because in High School (or rather, school in general) it lead to some odd repercussions, including people referring to me as the person who "draws only those weird robot thingies".

It's certainly not my first topic when introducing myself, 'though if someone asks about a drawing I'll answer truthfully.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)