Regarding cybots.

masterchirox580

Well for those of you who aren't aware of what this was cybots was a cancelled lego theme that was in development during 1995, I'd recommend you look at the brickipedia page on the planned theme(there you can view the prototypes and back story). 

Links here:http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/CYBOTS

So what do you think of the theme? What do you think the models would have looked like(had they gone past the prototype stages)? Could it have been successful? And had this theme been released how do you think it would have affected the future of constraction themes?

It's time to move on.

Well, its kind of cool how they were built to be compatable with Lego and Techic creations, so you could easily give them the treads and gear shown. That would have been an interesting step for an early constraction theme, similar to Knights Kingdom, where the armor was actual Lego pieces.

The actual limbs though were really specialized and kind of ugly. They weren't posable and just looked like someone slapped a click joint on a normal action figure. I like what we got.

• Upvote 2

Basically, this was the grandaddy of Galidor.

Well to be fair those were just prototypes so they could have changed to become more appealing, not to mention these prototypes used actual lego pieces whereas galidor did not(seriously what were they thinking with that).

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

• 1 month later...

Besides the obviously creepy head & arm parts, these would've actually been pretty cool! I guess we have to thank the creators of this idea for inventing Constraction, as it was because of these that the Lego ball joint came into existence.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I can't un-see them, can I? :P

I think you need to go down to the lego headquarters, I hear they have a special brew for this exact situation.

Or I could just use the painkiller screwdrivers :P

• Upvote 2

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

Alright, here the thing, that theme have to be, the most ugliest, worst, most terrifying thing I had seen in my life. I can't see this theme even lasting half a year, it's just a mess of color and just thrown together. I know those picture are early model but my god, it don't even look like they try to have this to be a real theme.

Now here a short version of what I say:

Keep this  :censored:  :cry:  :evilmad:  :madgo:  away from me. At all cost.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda gives off a TMNT vibe. If this was something released in the 80s, it might have done well. 1999? I highly doubt it.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I meant the original action figure line, with the mismatched limbs, covered in small details.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Just another example of Lego's flailing attempts at innovation in the late '90s. Bionicle was the sole success among a slew of failures, even setting aside concepts like these that never even made it to market.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother