S.T.E.P sprite kit

Onaku

A long time a go, some years back, when the old forums where in play, I started a sprite kit called "C.S.F.E.G.". It was generally well received, but soon, laziness took hold, and the kit was never updated. Now, some years later, I opened the old file up again, and was inspired to continue work on it. With that said, I present to you the fruit of my recent labor; The "S.T.E.P." kit.

s.t.e.p._v1.2.png

Updates:

14. March 2015: Updated to Alpha 1.2. Added bigger matoran sprites, as well as a straightened arm for the bigger toa sprite.

17. October 2014: Updated to Alpha 1.1. Added bigger toa sprites and separated pieces, as well as the Kanohi Kiril

11. October 2014: Posted Alpha 1.0

Comments and criticism are welcome, and if you decide to use it (even if it is still in the early stages), remember to give credit.

Edited by Toa Onaku
  • Upvote 5

Looks really good! I love your style, and the gradients on the larger areas look good. The limbs look a little bland though with the slow gradient.

It seems like that would be awful to recolor

Looks really good! I love your style, and the gradients on the larger areas look good. The limbs look a little bland though with the slow gradient.

It seems like that would be awful to recolor

Thanks. It honestly does suck up a lot of time to recolor in this kit, but that's just what comes with higher definition I suppose.

By the way, I will be continuing work on this kit, and trying to add as many masks as I can, along with limbs in more poses to allow for... well, more poses, so stay tuned.

Proportions need a little work. The masks are almost as big as the limbs. Very nice color gradients, though they might be too complex for easy spriting.

Well, as I said, with high definition comes more work. How ever, although I can see what you mean regarding the proportions, I think I will be keeping them as such, since it kind of gives off a certain "feel". At least that's what I think. Cheers, mate.

These are nice! It's always nice to see a new sprite kit.

Thanks, I do my best.

Moving to Comics, new home of all sprite kits.

Thank you, Windrider, I wasn't sure which subforum to put this in.

Anyway, while I'm here, I've actually updated the kit to alpha 1.1. I haven't added new poses, but instead I've added a new, bigger, badder toa sprite that you can play around with. Now, on the topic of playing around, I've actually separated all the pieces into smaller units. This, I think, allows for more customization in the kit, which I think is a good direction to take it in.

Thoughts, comments and criticism are, as always, welcome.

Edited by Toa Onaku

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Open up MS paint and use the selection tool to put the pieces in the workspace. Take each individual piece by itself, put it in the coloring space and re-color it there, shade layer by shade layer. After doing this with all the pieces, put them all together in the workspace to form a coherent figure. The coloring process is a long and grueling one, but that's what you get with higher quality, as I've said before.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks good,

It has more masks than Okotomation, colouring is difficult, but worth it,

This kit has been advertised on Kanohi Force Spam Page,

Edited by Black Six

• 2 weeks later...

It looks good,

This kit has been advertised on Kanohi Force Spam 

I appreciate the attention you've been giving this kit. And what exactly do you mean by 'advertised'?

It looks good,

This kit has been advertised on Kanohi Force Spam 

I appreciate the attention you've been giving this kit. And what exactly do you mean by 'advertised'?

I mean I've told several times that you have a good sprite kit and everyone there should look at it.