Okoto written language

I Emailed Customer Support about the subject, and I got a reply. The Agent said that she asked the Team and they confirmed that there would not be a new Alphabet...

These are the same people that told us that there were no plans to continue Bionicle, even when there were. I would take statements from them about the future with salt.

No why would they need a new one when they already gave us one. I mean look at the video where the two Protectors of Fire are looking at the wall of glyphs and the larger one, I am guessing, is telling the story to the smaller. Very reminiscent of archeologists who do the same thing when they discover writing about a long dead civilization. So the glyphs have some meaning be it a direct alphabetical dialect such as the Matoran of old, or maybe a more pictures one of say Ancient Egypt or alike.

Also isn't this counted as a topic revival?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Hieroglyphics were letters, they made noises(http://www.virtual-egypt.com/newhtml/hieroglyphics/...)

Similar to The Japanese Kana(Consisting of the: Kanji[most known by name, by 'Muricans!{in my opinion,}] Katakana[Most Common/easiest to memorize,] and the Hiragana[traditional,]) the Egyptian words were spelt(spelled) phonetically.

That, which was in the animations, was equivalent to what we believe cave paintings were, but personally I think cave paintings were more like Hieroglyphics: an alphabet.

The M.R.B.

This reminds me of a language I developed for my story. Altoken. The languages aren't exactly the same, but the structure is.

There are 5 base symbols. For A, E, I, O, and U.

There are also partial symbols for consonants. Such as C/K, B/P, S/Z, etc;

Combining similar structures in the consonants and vowels with create the letters. All on syllables.

Examples:

O-Ko-To P-Ro-Te-C-To-R-S Ko-Pa-Ka

A fellow conlanger? I am currently in the middle of developing like three or four different conlangs right now. Ashrohvek(A perspnal thing,) a much more simplified version of Deutsch, Skakadi(something for the Skakdi[i actually have all of the sounds for this one laid out if you would like to see the chart, though I have not begun making words yet, an I have a few accents in mind,]) I am also working on fleshing out Matoran a little more, and doing some work with the language of Okoto, basing it off of Matoran, as well. If I do flesh out Okoto enough, I would like to start a discußion here on BZ-Power, and if we come up with a settled agreement here, we can all sign a list, and send it to Lego.

Edited by MrRichBOB

The M.R.B.

A fellow conlanger? I am currently in the middle of developing like three or four different conlangs right now. Ashrohvek(A perspnal thing,) a much more simplified version of Deutsch, Skakadi(something for the Skakdi[i actually have all of the sounds for this one laid out if you would like to see the chart, though I have not begun making words yet, an I have a few accents in mind,]) I am also working on fleshing out Matoran a little more, and doing some work with the language of Okoto, basing it off of Matoran, as well. If I do flesh out Okoto enough, I would like to start a discußion here on BZ-Power, and if we come up with a settled agreement here, we can all sign a list, and send it to Lego.

I have quite a few languages. Mokoran, Altoken, Waterspeak, Kotokon, Culioso, Starwords

Been working this story for eleven years.

The agreement on Okoto's language seems great. If you need help I will gladly contribute.

Hieroglyphics were letters, they made noises(http://www.virtual-egypt.com/newhtml/hieroglyphics/...)

Similar to The Japanese Kana(Consisting of the: Kanji[most known by name, by 'Muricans!{in my opinion,}] Katakana[Most Common/easiest to memorize,] and the Hiragana[traditional,]) the Egyptian words were spelt(spelled) phonetically.

That, which was in the animations, was equivalent to what we believe cave paintings were, but personally I think cave paintings were more like Hieroglyphics: an alphabet.

Yeah I'll have to take your word for that because the only Egyptian I know of is from the Mummy movies. Yeah not the best references but all I got. One that keeps coming to mind is a stork glyph that means "Amenuphus"(Sorry about spelling). Seen in both the first and second movies.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Thanks for the update - that said, and as fun as conlanging is, this thread was way over the revival limit.  Closing this one up for now.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42