Ultimate Bionicle Checklist Redux

Ektris

I don't see any reason to rush it. Why bother messing around to add just one mask which NOBODY owns when it'll still need editing after the summer releases to add pics for all the other sets anyway? If one was added now it would only end up being replaced in Summer anyway so seems like a fruitless exercise IMO...

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I noticed, on the Kanohi list. I couldn't see the White Huna, or the Brown Komau? I also couldn't see the Metru Red Huna or the Metru Blue Matatu. Unless I just missed them somewhere? Is there any particular reason why the White Huna or Brown Komau aren't on the list? I can kinda understand the other two, but the White Huna and Brown Komau are both very iconic super rare Kanohi. I just don't see why they wouldn't be included on the list, especially when most people I know count them.

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Should we count the new polybag as a set? It does have an enemy figure in it.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Since we have a picture, I think Skull Warrior/Skull Grinder's mask can be added now. 

I'm pretty sure the gunmetal one belongs to Warrior.

It is undeniably too early.

I noticed, on the Kanohi list. I couldn't see the White Huna, or the Brown Komau? I also couldn't see the Metru Red Huna or the Metru Blue Matatu. Unless I just missed them somewhere? Is there any particular reason why the White Huna or Brown Komau aren't on the list? I can kinda understand the other two, but the White Huna and Brown Komau are both very iconic super rare Kanohi. I just don't see why they wouldn't be included on the list, especially when most people I know count them.

As was discussed extensively earlier in the topic... They were ruled prototypes and I made the decision to discount them. The only misprints still extant on the list were those officially recognized by LEGO as misprints via their own checklist from the 2001 BIONICLE site.

Anyone can count them as they see fit. Go ahead. But there's also a model I tried to follow when originally crafting these. I was inspired by the checklists done for many Japanese import figures (notably S.H. Figuarts and Figma), which only list things officially released. There are dozens and dozens of prototypes for those (albeit unlike LEGO those things don't leak out to the general public), but they don't count for a complete collection. Because they're just prototypes. They are not official products. Yes, there are super rare items still included like the gold masks. Those exist in any line of collecting. Yet they are still official products.

I know that you will disagree. Sorry. But that's the stance I'm sticking to.

Should we count the new polybag as a set? It does have an enemy figure in it.

I was wondering about that. I'm really curious if there's a set ID number for it and how it's packaged... Might legitimize it more as a proper release and not just the handing out of a fancy mask. I lean strongly towards yes at the moment, but will probably wait until somebody gets one to add it.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

All the links don't work.

Which is why I made a point of saying I put up mirrored links. And those are all still fine.

Edit: There, switched around what are the mirrors and what are the primary images.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

Here's the promo:

2015-01-31_22.22.53.jpg

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

Oh, cool!

It's totally going to mess with the list because the 5 summer sets made it perfect and now there'll be just one thing on its own row lol. But yeah, once we get a better image the packaging, I'll totally add it.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Here's a better one :P
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Tim_Munt/Bionicle/Bag_zpsoafwci49.png

Edit: Please link to images over 750 kB.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Aye, the list has been updated with the hero pack. Put it on its own row, though; easier for all to update once the summer sets get added that way.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Here's a better one :P

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa460/Tim_Munt/Bionicle/Bag_zpsoafwci49.png

Edit: Please link to images over 750 kB.

-Wind-

Here's one even better from the online Lego Shop!!! :P

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7357/16418482816_8528c2efc5_o.png

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 4 weeks later...

The Sand Tarakava will never be added. It is still nothing more than a prototype.

The Sea Squids and Zamor Spheres would be an exercise in futility. The Golden Armor is not a collectible. All would be (assuming one doesn't not get overly particular about mixes and shades with the spheres and squids) incredible short and not worthwhile anyways.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

The Sand Tarakava will never be added. It is still nothing more than a prototype.

The Sea Squids and Zamor Spheres would be an exercise in futility. The Golden Armor is not a collectible. All would be (assuming one doesn't not get overly particular about mixes and shades with the spheres and squids) incredible short and not worthwhile anyways.

~|ET|~

The Nestle Inika/Piraka Kanoka/Rhotuka launchers mentioned earlier in this topic count as gear, right?

The Nestle Inika/Piraka Kanoka/Rhotuka launchers mentioned earlier in this topic count as gear, right?

Yeah I don't really see them any differently than the non-set McDonald's toys.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Just asking, how many of you can fill out most of these checklists?

Mask Collector can almost fill out everything.

Does he have Piraka & Catapult and Give Away?

Just asking, how many of you can fill out most of these checklists?

Mask Collector can almost fill out everything.

Does he have Piraka & Catapult and Give Away?

Not sure. But he does have the Platinum Avohkii AND Solid Gold Hau. Along with many other ultra-rare prototypes including the Metru blue Matatu.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Yup, the one on the left is from Vakama's Toa Metru set then a few to the right is the blank trans red disk. Both are fairly easy to get hold of I believe :)

Awesome! Thank you for replying! I heard somewhere that the trans red one, not vakama's, is an exclusive French one that came with a comic book. So it may be hard to get.

I'd also like to ask, which set did the kraahkan between the ultimate dume version and gold version come from and what color is it?

Awesome! Thank you for replying! I heard somewhere that the trans red one, not vakama's, is an exclusive French one that came with a comic book. So it may be hard to get.

I'd also like to ask, which set did the kraahkan between the ultimate dume version and gold version come from and what color is it?

That's also a gold Kraahkan. More specifically, flat dark gold. It, like the warm gold one to its right, was available in the Tower of Toa set. The warm gold one is actually the rarer of the two.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Ah I see, so they are released together?

Sorry, should have been more specific. The brighter warm gold was a running change for the flat dark gold one. So it was originally available in the darker color, but those sets were being released while LEGO phased it out of their palette and so some got made in the replacement warm gold.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

The warm gold one is actually the rarer of the two.

Wait, where is that information coming from? If that's the case why does everyone have flat dark gold kraahkan while so few seem to have pearl gold ones? I have at least 3+ of the darker ones right now and have sold several more in the past. I've only ever seen one PLG one and it took a lot of work to track down. So I'm not sure we can count the pearl gold mask as more common personally  :???:

The warm gold one is actually the rarer of the two.

Wait, where is that information coming from? If that's the case why does everyone have flat dark gold kraahkan while so few seem to have pearl gold ones? I have at least 3+ of the darker ones right now and have sold several more in the past. I've only ever seen one PLG one and it took a lot of work to track down. So I'm not sure we can count the pearl gold mask as more common personally  :???:

I believe the warm gold in this case is referring to the pearl gold, just different wording

The information about the flat dark gold being the more common is correct, and the warm/pearl gold is the rarer of the two (being sent out in replacement orders and in later prints of the set)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

• 1 month later...

Oh man finally. Topic almost died... but mask and set lists will be getting updated tonight.

Mask one will include some reorganizing and have use some pics from the set images for new masks that are absolutely placeholders. But needed to have the reorg make sense and not just have random empty spots again.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

You gonna update it with the new Gali mask? Here's an image if you don't already have one:

250px-Exclusive_Gali_Mask.jpg

Yes I was. Part of the reason for the reorganizing actually. The picture should help, thank you.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

• 1 month later...

Updated the mask list again now that the inventories for the summer sets are online. Notably, the Mask of Creation and Ekimu's replacement mask are now pictured. All of the golden/transparent masks were updated too (although I did kind of like the old ones because the gold looked so much better... but all stock images of the Jungle Mask having the orange claw around it ruined them).

I was a little confused by that update. The replacement parts inventory lists Skull Warrior's and Skull Grinder's masks as different colors, which means I added a new item for the silver one. Could've sworn both of them were gunmetal...

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Updated the mask list again now that the inventories for the summer sets are online. Notably, the Mask of Creation and Ekimu's replacement mask are now pictured. All of the golden/transparent masks were updated too (although I did kind of like the old ones because the gold looked so much better... but all stock images of the Jungle Mask having the orange claw around it ruined them).

I was a little confused by that update. The replacement parts inventory lists Skull Warrior's and Skull Grinder's masks as different colors, which means I added a new item for the silver one. Could've sworn both of them were gunmetal...

~|ET|~

I didn't realize they were different colors until I saw a post about it, and I already own the sets. Guess I'm just an idiot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I didn't realize they were different colors until I saw a post about it, and I already own the sets. Guess I'm just an idiot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:lol: At least I wasn't the only one.

I added the transparent green Scropio mask (TGSM?) to my copy last night. Will hopefully upload that one when I get home from work today.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Since majhost is likely t o never rise from its grave, might it be a good idea to upload these on something like brickshelf? Since Flickr doesn't let you download images for other use, like checking off a list. :P

There should be a download button to the very right underneath the picture on Flickr..?

But you're right that my mirrored links could use an update. Just kept holding out on Majhost.. Some stuff I wanted to recover from there. :/ I'll see about uploading them to Brickshelf soon.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.