BZPower Interviews Bionicle's Creative Director

During the LEGO Bionicle VIP event at New York Comic Con, BZPower had the chance to interview Cerim Manovi, Creative Director of the Bionicle line. Cerim is very passionate about Bionicle, and it shows here. Listen to him talk about what it was like to recreate beloved characters so they could appeal to a new generation of fans and what he's really looking forward to next year. He also has a special message for the fans and the community! Go continue on to see for yourself!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

I was thrilled to meet Cerim Manovi, given how much he has contributed to both the BIONICLE theme and the constraction category in general! It's clear he's put a lot of work into making this reboot appeal to long-time fans and young kids alike, and that he's as excited for its return as any of us!

From what Cerim's said at the panel and in this interview, he sounds like he's really excited for and invested in the line.  I would have loved to have meet him in person, but in any event, it looks like the series is in good hands.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Awesome, Cerim seems like a great creative director. He obviously has passion and respects the fans by going back to the roots. He respects the IP and has fun creating it and the characters. He truly understands the foundations of Bionicle's success. I can tell Bionicle is in good hands seeing this.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg