2015 Onua, just me then?

Munty

I like the mask and some of the pieces, but the proportions are way off. As for the coloring scheme, it's not awful, but would look better if they had restrained themselves and used only two or three colors, not five. The colors don't complement each other well enough , and are just too distracting.

• Upvote 3

MnRA5kV.png

Now, all the Toa  (not calling them Masters) have some flaws in their color schemes, specially Lewa (did they run out of green parts?).

But Onua is different. I'm not really sure why, but him and Tahu please my eyes the most, and for the first time in my life, I'm gonna buy the black set first.

Just have to surpass the pain of $20

Now, all the Toa  (not calling them Masters) have some flaws in their color schemes, specially Lewa (did they run out of green parts?).

But Onua is different. I'm not really sure why, but him and Tahu please my eyes the most, and for the first time in my life, I'm gonna buy the black set first.

Just have to surpass the pain of $20

It's good that you're not calling them Masters, because they're not called Masters. They're called Toa, and fans have been the only ones to use "Masters" as a group name for them. All of the story media we've seen—bios, story summaries, the entire NYCC panel—refers to them as "Toa". The sets use terms like "Master of Fire" because Tahu IS a master of fire, just like he was in the original story, and because "Master of Fire" tells non-fans a lot more about the character than a series-specific term like "Toa" would.

They definitely didn't "run out of green parts" for Lewa considering that both his green parts and his Keetorange parts are brand new in that color. It'd actually be CHEAPER for them to have made all his shells the same color of green, since the Keetorange shells are the same size as his green ones and aren't used on any other models. But the Keetorange shells provide a nice contrast, in my opinion, and add a lot of energy to his look.

But anyway, yes, Onua looks neat. I love that the new Toa have different sorts of builds and Onua's is more different than any of them. If $20 gives you sticker shock, think of it this way: Onua has more than three times as many parts as the original Onua for less than three times the price.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The new Onua looks great for parts he has some great translucent purple and I love his mask.I believe we will also see a toa hordika torso which its great to see some old parts with the new sets.Though as a set onua looks way to bulky ill probably just get him to have all 6 though I do see myself buying another one for parts.

• Upvote 1

anime_signature_by_boyinunderground-d2xe

I have mixed opinions on 2015 Onua: I liked him so much better as a Mata because he had the coolest mask, awesome claws, and he was a freaking hunchback! I don't really have a thing for big bruisers, but I guess they had to make him like this so the little kids could differentiate/understand him better, because to new kid fans, he might appear too much like Pohatu (Earth~Stone) if he wasn't so buff. 

• Upvote 1