Toa 2015: From best to worst in your opinion?

BioniCro

1. Gali (Elegant weapon and a gorgeous color scheme; the varying shades of blue and silver complement each other)

2. Tahu (Really striking design with a great color scheme and cool weapons, though the silver hands and feet don't look good)

3. Onua (Love his stockiness and his warhammer)

4.. Lewa (I've grown on the yellow, and it kinda has a wild look)

5. Kopaka (silver torso argh)

6. Pohatu (I love Pohatu, but the transparent yellow and imbalanced colors really look weird to me)

Edited by Latrodectus

This will be difficult.

1. My absolute favorite of the new will probably have to be Tahu. This is odd for me because Kopaka and Pohatu always shared my top Toa spot since 2004. The reasoning is because Tahu Okoto(Idk if that's what we're calling them but it works for now) fits the closest to the original character. And his coloration is the second least offensive, and his weapons, mask, and armor look the most like an updated original than a completely new thing. His broadswords are fantastic and his mask actually makes me think of the Hau. Also, his gold knives look just perfect mounted on his back and when in hand.

2. Gali takes the second spot, because her mask just isn't Kaukau enough. Her personality is spot on(aside from the "can't tell a joke" bit--not entirely sure where this fits in). Her weapon is absolutely fantastic, the dual headed axe transforming into a bladed trident made my day when I saw it. Her colors are, IMO, the least offensive to look at. The axe head divides into..I'm not exactly sure? They aren't flippers. Are they jets? This is the other reason Gali takes the second rather than the first spot.

3. Onua. Definitely Onua. His frame made me unsettled at first, but I've quickly grown to like it. It suits him. Certainly much better than the stick-thin Onua Mistika, anyway. I was very glad to see that he got a hammer, I've always thought he could use a hammer(correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe he's the first Bionicle set to have one). His mask is quite pleasing aesthetically, even if it doesn't grant him super strength. The reason Onua wasn't higher somewhere on this list is because of his character. Yes, they kept his wise, introspective nature, his gentle demeanor. But they made him prone to sleeping fits..that was what killed it for me. It took a great character like Onua, one who a reader could respect, and made him goofy. I also think the claws could be longer, though I understand why they didn't make them so.

4. Pohatu, being my first Bionicle and one of the top two on my list of the Toa Nuva, probably got this low a spot in the reboot because of my particular affinity for this character. His mask looks like the Kakama was squashed then stretched to be long and stout, and I have no idea what his new weapons are. Boomerangs? Swords? I'm leaning towards boomerangs, because those would make lousy swords. His coloration seems random(though I am pleased to see the return of brown). And the one Rahkshi spearhead seems random as well. I get the idea for weapons even when his boomerangs are on his feet(making tornadoes or something), but perhaps a knife would be more appropriate? Even if they made an entirely new sort of weapon for that, it would be better than the spearhead. That was just lazy. His character is kind of obnoxious, but not as Pohatu Mata/Nuva's demeanor was. Pohatu Okoto seems to have gotten all the good stuff: super strength, "unbreakable stamina", and fearlessness(except for the dark, of course). Also, it seems like he's the leader of the Toa. Perhaps this is my nostalgia talking but Tahu should be in charge. It was what added depth to his character. Pohatu is just Greg's favorite I guess...I can't really blame him there.

5. Lewa. His character is akin to Matau more than Lewa. Maybe that's just me, but when I read Lewa Okoto's bio, I think of Matau. His mask is too mechanical, and not tribal enough. He does, after all, "commune with plants and the wind". I'm actually okay with his new powers, the added element kinda fits. I just hope this isn't an excuse to godmode Lewa. His axes'katanas are cool, but posability of the figure would be limited because of the impracticality of an axe whose hilt is a long bladed sword.

6. Last of all, Kopaka. It's sad, because of the original Kopaka's high spot in my mind, but this new one is just so ugh. He's slathered with gold, he's clumsy, his perfectionist additude is all talk and bluster, because he(unlike Kopaka Mata/Nuva) can't practice what he preaches. Also, the whole "no sense of direction" bit was just tossed in there to give Kopaka more faults. The original characters all had faults a-plenty, and didn't need this lazy writing tool of such blatant negative aspects. Speaking of laziness, we now get to his weapons. His shield, rather than being an actual shield, is a recycled pair of Tahu's swords. His spear is a Rahkshi spear with one head and the blue ice thing from his shield. The only redeeming qualities about Kopaka are his mask and the fact that, while his build is admittedly lazy, it looks good. Not counting the atrocious gold placement of course.

• Upvote 2

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

1) Kopaka - Cool shield + Guurahk ice spear = win. I also like the ice skates, and he has the most likable mask. Plus, it's Kopaka. 

2) Onua - Purple + black + gold + warhammer. I'm okay with the bulk-up. The warhammer I think could be cooler, but I'm not going to get too picky - this is their first time doing it. :)

3) Tahu - Still lava surfing, yo. I think the gold swords are cool too, his mask isn't bad...

4) Pohatu - I like the flying tornado-rangs. His mask is definitely cool, but the color scheme seems bland. 

5) Gali - I didn't like her mask at all at first. Still growing on me. The flippers are okay, I like the staff...

6) Lewa - Never my favorite Toa anyway, and his "hammers" are clones of Gali's flippers. 

Anyway, this is just set impressions. When I see the story and actually get the sets, this will probably change...

• Upvote 2

1. Kopaka - The only flaws are the gold (which doesn't look bad, it just isn't very icy) and possibly the enlarged calves, but those are an easy fix.

2. Gali - I love her colorscheme. I'm a bit iffy on the Kaukau and don't like her weapon with the axe blades, but the blades work as fin-things and the Kaukau is growing on me.

3. Tahu - The new Hau is amazing and his colorscheme works pretty well. The only things I am not sure of are the shoulderpads, silver feet, and lower leg plating.

4. Pohatu - Pohatu almost beat out Tahu for the number three spot, but I don't like the transparent lime. I just cannot get behind that color choice. There might be too much silver, but it looks pretty good and I like the boomerangs.

5. Onua - The colorscheme is a mess; they really should have chosen between gold and silver. I'm not a big fan of the hammer's shape, either. I'll probably mod Onua the most.

6. Lewa - I like Lewa's colors, but the mask is hideous, the weapons are ugly, and the shoulderpads don't provide a flattering effect.

I didn't consider personality, mostly because I want to see the execution. Right now I am probably the only one who likes the idea of Kopaka being clumsy. I also want to see how Gali's inability to make a joke, Pohatu's fear of the dark, and Onua's sleepiness play out before I judge them.

Edited by Kokera

For appearances:

1. Tahu - All-around awesome looking. The mask is very Hau-like, but looks more...matured, I guess? I also like the Lhikan callback with his greatswords/lavaboard, and the fact that he has two smaller swords as backup so he isn't unarmed when he's riding the molten waves.

2. Pohatu - Mask is the perfect blend of old and new with the Kakama. Brown is back, and in a new shade from what I can tell. His jet boomerangs look pretty cool, and the shot of him using them on his feet to fly just sealed it. The little dagger for when he's riding the boomerangs, like in Tahu's case, adds to the awesome by making sure he stays armed.

3. Lewa - His mask looks nothing like a Miru in any form, but I like his design. It does look smooth enough for an Air character, though we don't know if he is one. His color scheme's enough for the Jungle aspect, but his design definitely says Air more. There's a nice Mata callback with his twin axes, and a Nuva callback with his flight mode. I'd say that more than makes up for the mask.

4. Onua - The Pakari is recognizable, and more importantly, his hunch is back! He got beefed up a great deal too, but it does evoke the Onua look well enough. Hammer suits an Earth character well, and it can turn into claws for a Mata callback. Sadly, Onua Okoto's claws look really lame.

5. Kopaka - Akaku is perfect. The reason he ends up so low on the list is because of nothing really standing out to impress me on this design. His left arm can't seem to decide whether he's carrying a shield, or a dual sword. I suppose it could be a bladed shield, and that solves the problem well enough. He loses no points whatsoever for recycling Tahu's sword pieces because it works as ice almost just as well. But the weapon arrangement itself is rather lame. Spear works for him, I guess. Also, he'd look better if his gold was gray.

6. Gali - Don't get me wrong, I like the way all of them look overall. But Gali's Kaukau looks too much like a fish. The super light shade of blue is also lame. Redeemed, though, by how her spear can become a massive battleaxe. It's just that it's not enough to bring her design high enough to surpass the others.

For characters:

1. Tahu - Seems just like the original, though now he has a bit of a forgetful side. I can relate to that in Algebra 2 well enough, so as long as they don't overdo it, that's fine with me.

2. Onua - I like wise characters, and he's kept that. I read his sleepy demeanor as just a general way of speaking and acting outside of combat, not him literally falling asleep in the middle of battles or other important situations. If they do it like that, I'm fine with it too.

3. Gali - Also basically the same, and Gali has always been a good character. She was kinda humorless in the original, so being unable to tell jokes properly isn't too far off. As with the other quirks, as long as it isn't shoved in our faces too much it's fine.

4. Lewa - I like Lewa's character for the diversity he puts into the team. His voice is nice too. Not much more to say than that.

5. Pohatu - Doesn't seem like Pohatu's a friendly guy anymore. Now he's described as more of a headstrong, courageous charger type. Like Tahu with a different element. That doesn't earn him any points. But I'm not one to expect reboots to copy the original, I love the Transformers movies for slag's sake! So I'll give him a chance. But for now, fifth place it is.

6. Kopaka - Nothing like the original. And inherently less awesome. Improvements over the original I like, random changes that actually detract from the character, not so much. Oh well. I'm sure someone will like new Kopaka.

• Upvote 2

Pk57sNJ.jpg

1: Pohatu: I dunno, I like the simplier design, plus boomerangs!

2: Onua: The giant design is fitting, plus purple and shovel pieces

3: Tahu: Legs are perhaps too bulky, but overall awesome look, really feel the character

4: Gali: Not bad, but not particularly appealing either.

5: Lewa: Mask and use of yellow questionable, but like the return of green

6: Kopaka: Legs bulk out badly, IMO, and I just don't see his character as so bulky

:music:

Edited by xccj

1. Pohatu. Simple but effective. Mask looks great, I LOVE his boomerangs. His personality is befitting of him. I hope he isn't the leader, as some people are making out from his bio.

2. Kopaka. Whilst the gold isn't great, and the calves too, he does look good. I reckon if the gold was toned down he'd look fantastic. His personality has been completely tarnished however. I am a bit frustrated that he is clumsy AND has a lack of directional sense. One of the two, not both.

3. Gali. Mask aside, she's decent. I love her trident, but they do look stupid as fins.

4. Lewa. I can't look past the mask :(

5. Onua. Too stocky. Hulk chest piece is the worst chest piece. Too many colours going on (Black, Purple, Trans-Purple, Gold and Silver? Calm it down a little, LEGO :P ). Hammer isn't as cool as I was hoping.

6. Tahu. I am disappointed about his Hau, doesn't look like him at all. His armour is boring and he just does not look iconic. Tahu should catch the eye but this set really, really doesn't.

Edited by Gathered Friends

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Tahu. All criticisms of the hau fell apart when I saw the clear images from comic con. I have to admit that seeing the box art alone raised some doubt, but after seeing the hau from different angles, I have to say that I really dig this version. It IS the hau. I look forward to the new face of bionicle. Btw, there's a review of him on youtube.

There others are all tied for 2nd. But if I had to pick:

Kopaka (classic)

Gali (colour design + weapon design)

Lewa (weapon design)

Pohatu (Only criticisms is his colour scheme)

Onua (awkward colour scheme + not a fan of his character + bulky build). 

Edited by Prime Axiom

1. Gali

2. Onua

3. Lewa

4. Kopaka

5. Pohatu

6. Tahu

Gali is basically my favorite in almost every respect (maybe Onua might come out ahead in terms of his creative build and fantastic bio, but I prefer Gali's color scheme, mask, and proportions). I love all these designs so much that ranking any of them sixth feels wrong, but Tahu generally doesn't thrill me. His mask is great, and his colors are bright, and the dual function of his lava surfboard is great. But I feel like his proportions are a bit too gangly, and in some ways he just sort of bores me.

from the sets alone,

1:Kopaka - From the colours to the elements and size, this set looks pretty great.

2:Tahu - Same as above, but I like Kopaka better :P

3:Onua - above lewa and gali due to having slightly more unique proportions than the rest.

4: Lewa - pretty much on the same level as gali, only higher because i like Lewa more, and was my first toa.
5: Gali - pretty average-looking set i think. still gonna need it.
6: Pohatu - Okay, they can make Onua's proportions unique, but not Pohatu's? Not even a flip of the torso again or something? The only toa I'm actually disappointed in, he's a tad to small-looking (his mask looking almost matoran-esque doesn't help) and again i gripe about the non-different proportions. :P

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Based on everything: shape, colors, weapons, character?

For me:

1. Onua (Best)

2. Pohatu

3. Lewa

4. Kopaka

5. Tahu

6. Gali (Worst)

Lol Munty made a whole topic about how much he HATES Onua.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

1. Pohatu (His mask was done the most justice by far imo)

2. Onua (Purple is amazing Bulk is amazing mask is amazing)

3. Kopaka (Great mask and overall cool factor)

4. Tahu (Colors and weapons are awesome)

5. Gali (Probably looks the least similar to the original forms but still nice looking)

6. Lewa (Not really a fan of the different colors used, weapons are kinda bland)

Still gonna get every single one of them Asap though  :D

1. Pohatu. He looks really elegant. Plus, I like yellow. And brown. And he has both.

2. Lewa. Double axes, an interesting look to his armour and that nice green is back.

3. Tied between Kopaka and Tahu because they are both very similar in appearance.

4. Gali. I love the trident and the colours but the mask is very meh.

5. Onua. Too many colours, too much going on.

1) Kopaka (love his color scheme and weapons)

2) Pohatu (boomarangs look cool, he just looks fast in the picture)

3) Gali (best Gali since the Oldas)

4 Tahu (love his design but he just isn't as good looking as the others)

5) Lewa (cool design but he looks boring)

6) Onua (he looks ok but he should be in all silver, not gold and silver)

It might change after seeing reviews but

1 Tahu

2 Onua

3 Lewa

4 Kopaka

5 Gali

6 Pohatu

EDIT: Since I was interested, here are the results based on all the replies so far (mean values)

1 Pohatu (3.00)

2 Kopaka + Onua (3.09)

4 Tahu (3.38)

5 Gali (3.97)

6 Lewa (4.38)

I think this showes how different are our opinions. 

Edited by Kaxix

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

1) Pohatu: I love the build, the colour scheme and the mask. Looks like a lot of fun to play with.

2) Kopaka: Looks like a solid set with a colour scheme that works. The mask is cool too.

3) Tahu: Pretty nice, though I'm not crazy for the extra swords.

4) Lewa: Meh. Colour scheme not impressive, and not much resemblance to the original.

5) Onua: Horrendous colour scheme and bulky frame.

6) Gali: Where's the resemblance to the original? Doesn't look very feminine either...

1: Gali. Great mask, weapons, and build. And a new color! I can't think of anything to dislike about this set. And it may include a launcher??

2: Onua. Wonderfully unique build, and I'd even say it overshadows the scrawny original. The color scheme works fine for me. Only thing I dislike is the hammer, which doesn't seem to me like the right weapon for this pacifistic Toa. But I'm very happy about it converting into claws.

3: Lewa. His mask has only the slightest resemblance to the Miru, but it looks very appropriate for a Wind character, as do his awesome axes. Unfortunately, despite making him Master of Jungle they didn't incorporate even a hint of that element ino his design. I don't like his flight mode, either. But actual bright green! It's been so long!

4: Tahu. Nice and reminiscent of the original, plus a real lavaboard. But four swords? Really? Who uses swords while they're surfing! And I'm not a fan of how the gold swords look, either in his hands or sprouting from his back.

5: Kopaka. I like the mask; it's better than any Akaku was in my opinion. The set in general is okay, although I don't particularly love the six-unit-thick shins. But the weapons look very underwhelming to me. The spear has an ice flame unappealingly tacked on to an old part that's had its day, and the shield looks super unwieldy.

6: Pohatu. Still not a bad set; I like all the Masters to slightly varying degrees. But this set has a chartreuse-and-brown color scheme, paltry weapons with no relation to the element of Stone, and the blandest build of the line, without a hint of the inspiration's memorable kicking function.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

1: Gali. Great mask, weapons, and build. And a new color! I can't think of anything to dislike about this set. And it may include a launcher??

Nope, none of the Toa include launchers, but all of the Protectors do, and the packages apparently are going to be advertising the ability to use the Protectors' equipment with the Toa.