Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOCBlarg. You guys know what would be really awesome? If you followed the rule instated twenty pages ago and PMed me whenever you got a new world. :|But oh well, I'mma going go through everyone's industry reports; if you posted no IR, no map update for you.IC [Lcoation: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]The Natsirt had been standing oddly silent for a while, the engineer of the team doing something with the helmets. When she was finally done Nil'hera turned back to the Syrrinx representative. "My apologizes for the odd delay; the broadcasters in our helmets suffered a random fluk. Your military personal would not be mercenaries; no more than the average Natsirt soldier is one. They get paid just as much as their Natsirt counterparts."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:"Pay ought to be an incentive. If you wish to hire Syrrinx soldiers, they ought to be paid a bit more than your regular forces, else they'd have no reason to work for you."

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC: Somewhat, but instead of 23, we would request system 14, which you have skipped over in your plan. We wish for control of an inhabited Syrrinx world.He turned to the Syrrinx.Considering your government is now defunct, and the four of our races function as such, at the moment, by right of war, I don't think you're in much of a position to bargain. Our position is that the Natsirt should be able to give citizenship and military careers to such a small portion of your race without strings attached- though again, with that you could risk mutinies, so I would consider how to avoid such problems.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]"Pay more for what is effectively the same services? No, the Syrrinx will not see any more quartz than their Natsirt counterpart." The captain shook his head when the alien similar to the Alizarin spoke. "Mutinies will be dealt with as we always have; the Syrrinx soldiers will be overseen by the Imperial Intelligence Agency, and they are rather proficient in keeping things in line."

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:"The exact rate would be determined by the commanding officer. The rough rate is an ounce and a half of gold, per soldier, per day. Converting that into quartz..." The Implants in Sienta's head(of course Kaurava products) churned for a moment. "Sixteen kilograms of quartz per soldier per day. No less, probably more."OOC: That price is meant to be obscenely high...Also Alex you should get on AIM

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]What happened next was something between a spit take and a double take; by the time Nil'hera had recovered from his shock his tone was so full of shock, you could of been electrocuted from it."Over sixteen kilograms of quartz?" The captain was aghast. "A DAY? Alien, I make twenty kilos a YEAR!"

voidstars.png

IC:"Quartz deficient planet?" Sienta asked. Without waiting for a reply, she continued. "Well, Syrrinx soldiers would demand payments they can make a profit off in the Syrrinx economy. Now, I'm still confused why you think you're entitled to their services. If you're not willing to pay an appropriate rate, you'd better have some ideological explanation."

-Rover

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]Screw the IIA. If they want Syrrinx, they can come do it themselves. I have better things to do. The captain sighed, giving up. "Well, I tried to follow orders to the best of my abilities; I can't be found guilty for giving up now. I'm satisfied now that the Syrrinx situation has been dealt with, and so will my government. I will remain here on this planet until another meeting of this... Pact is held, at which point my orders are to negotiate a treaty and possibly an alliance. Unless, of course, that could be done in this meeting."

voidstars.png

IC:"You negotiate a non-aggression agreement, break it, and expect us to negotiate another one?" Sienta protested.

-Rover

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]"'Us'?" Nil'hera raised an eyebrow behind his helmet. "As I recall, the Confederation of Nations never negotiated a non aggression treaty with the Syrrinx, or any other species of this sector besides the Alizarin. In fact, the CoN was never even informed of the other species behind the Great Passage. And, if you may be so burdened in doing, please remember it was the Confederation, not the Empire, that broke that treaty. Or are you truly so arrogant as to assign the pompous actions of politicians to an entire species?"In truth Nil'hera wasn't quite that blunt, but the translators would translate it into that nonetheless.OOCMan makes a point; if the Syrrinx want to debate ethics, at least use the correct nouns.

voidstars.png

IC:"Pronouns in C'kaan don't map perfectly or somesuch, I guess." Sienta paused. "In any case, my point is clear. We have no reason to believe you'd change your ways, since to outside observers little has changed among the Natsirt." Sienta paused. "If a new Syrrinx government is established and I were involved, I'd advise against us signing such an agreement."

-Rover

IC: You misunderstand, Syrrinx.The Grand Proctor paused for a moment.You have no need, or ability to negotiate a treaty. The Syrrinx government no longer exists, and it shall not again. You are no longer a nation. Your people will become citizens of our nations, and your worlds will be added to ours. You are no longer independent.He turned to the Natsirt.However, the people of Treanu are willing to consider such an alliance.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:"History has shown nations like mine fall for twenty years only to rise again under a new name. There's no certainty whether or not it will happen, but it's possible." Sienta paused.

-Rover

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]"Of course, my government knew the species of this sector would be... hesitant. This was originally planned for the Alizarin, but I believe it will work for these purposes." Nil'hera read something quickly off the HUD. "As simple as it may sound, tourism is a rather effective method of preventing war. If thousands of your citizens are on another world, you dare not risk hurting your own people attacking it. My government even has plans for an Alizarin base located on our homeworld; our vast oceans would serve excellently for holding their species. Similar arrangements could be made for other species. Fact of the matter is the Natsirt have wronged the Alizarin, and we hope to fix the errors our predecessors made. If we can expand it to the other races in this sector... well, that's an added bonus."The man turned to the Treanu, turning his head to the side slightly to acknowledge him. "I'm glad to see that the cousins of the Alizarin are accepting of us."OOCFirst step to a diplomatic victory is lots of tourism. Lots and lots of tourism.Also, rule 16 of the Natsirt; when you are faced by a combined enemy force that could overpower you, suck up until the time comes that you can face them.They are, however, being honest about not bombing planets if their people are on it; killing your own people to kill the enemy is unthinkable and unhonorable for a Natsirt.

voidstars.png

IC: Imagine, Syrrinx, how you will, it makes no difference to what is real.He turned back to the Natsirt.A most excellent proposal, replied the Tsui'nau. Details can be discussed at another time. If you wish to stay on Bivali Mun, however, we will have to arrange living quarters.He raised a tentacle, indicating the membrane which contained the air bubble where the Syrrinx, Diemawr, and Natsirt were.You cannot spend your entire stay here behind a membrane like that, he said, a chuckle in his mental tone.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]"Yes, some of my crew are particularly eager to see this world. Apparently back on homeworld, there has been a wave of xenophillia; odd, considering not a few months ago it was xenophobia. Nonetheless, some cultural scientists would like to have a word with some of your historians." Nil'hera shrugged. "If all is done here, however, I would like to report to my government on the proceedings and request new orders."OOCRule 17: Gather as much data as possible on society and culture, so you can better use it against them when the time comes.IC [Location: Citamgine]While the captain spoke over a thousand light years away, the mentioned Alizarin habitats were in process of being constructed; it was nothing much at the moment, a small settlement located in the coral reefs off of the continent with the capitol. It was, however, placed in a rather scenic area with plenty of wildlife and coral for eye candy.

voidstars.png

OOCOh, and the sector 1 and 2 maps are updated; 3 is in progress.IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]"Naturally." The captain turned and walked away, telling one of his men to take the scientists out of stasis. Scientists took up valuable space, but his vessel wasn't on a normal mission; he was sent as a diplomat, so thus he had to put up with all these scientists.He arrived back at the vessel, the airlock removing the water and pressurizing, allowing him to step back into the ship. He quickly made his way to his quarters, where the holocomm activated and he was patched through to Citamgine. After a brief transfer wait, the image of the Head Admiral appeared."Captain Nil'hera." The admiral looked at the captain. "I trust everything is going well?""Better than well; I've met two of the other races in this sector, and with some adapting our plan for interstellar tourism seems to be working.""That doesn't stop sounding... odd.""It's a worthy tactic nonetheless; apparently, there is an entire alliance of species on this side. I'll try to gather more intelligence.""Tread carefully; we must maintain a peaceful presence in this sector until we can gauge their military strength.""At which time?""We decide whether or not the Natsirt are threatened and take action that the military council deems appropriate.""A war?""If it comes to that.""And my orders?""Continue to talk; attempt to organize a meeting so that we can begin a treaty. Keep the interstellar tourism plan going; we need the Alizarin at least to begin traffic. The faster their people are on our worlds, the better." The Head Admiral shook her head. "Gather all that you can. I'm still at the Leben campaign; I should, however, be returning to Citamgine, just as soon as the Leben respond to our message. Our technicians think they may be suffering a communications error."

voidstars.png

IC: "We did not 'skip over' system 2-14," the Alizarin replied, their speaking machine somehow conveying indignation, "It was originally designated as Diemawr territory, not Syrrinx, so does not feature in this redistribution. If the Syrrinx colonised it then they were over-stepping their boundaries. With the Syrrinx gone it falls back to the Diemawr. You must offer something if you wish to claim it. Though we feel we should point out that 2-14 would be highly isolated from the rest of your territory. Our claim and those of the Diemawr would in fact cut it off entirely."IC: With the potential new industry provided by the soon-to-be-owned Syrrinx consortiums, the Alizarin decided they could use up some of the facilities on Silver-Celeste they had been saving to buffer their new colony. They began construction on a Cyan medium ship, the first in their fleet

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: There are concessions we can make, should they be needed. We will both hold 13 worlds, the Diemawr 14. And if so, then the Syrrinx did indeed break our agreements. However, we would request to gain possession of just one Syrrinx world, and we are willing to compensate the Diemawr. If we can be allotted 24, 25, and 14, no more will be necessary or desired. And, as our three races are allied and therefore bound to defend one another, I do not think that crossing between the systems, with of course requested permission, would be too much trouble to not be worth it.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC(Meeting): The Diemawr present was just as surprised by the knowledge the Alizarin had of the original status of the claims as the Treanuans were, but chose not to press the matter, or, indeed, mention it."Actually, given the lawful claim the Diemawr had upon the system before the Syrrinx colonised it, the situation is nowhere near as simple as that. The colonisation of the system by the Syrrinx was technically illegal, and it was only through certain deficiencies in the size and capabilities of the Diemawr fleet that we failed to deal with the intrusion appropriately at the time."With the absence of the Syrrinx government, we will of course be merciful to the colonists, but jurisdiction in this case is quite non-negotiable. The Alizarin appear to be in agreement with us on the matter, so allow it to rest, before friendships become strained."If the Diemawr had been of a race prone to winking, it is quite likely that he would have winked at the Syrrinx representative. As it was, his face gave no outward signs of the joke that, aided by the clever book-keeping of the Alizarin, was being played on the Treanuans.IC(Science): The Diemawr considered the situation carefully before responding."For the time being, we would advise that we keep this information contained - certainly it would be unwise to release it to the participants in the meeting in Treanuan territory, they've got quite enough to deal with. Perhaps only our two governments should know of this discovery for now, and then we may release it to others as we see fit."

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Wasn't 2-14 colonized before Sector 2 was divided up?

-Rover

OOC: I'm not positive, but if I had to guess, based on its position, I'd say no.Even if it was, the idea that it wasn't is kind of helping the side the Syrrinx currently appear to be on in this in-game argument.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I think the Syrrinx put a claiming beacon over it, so it got added to the map as theirs, and so Xom never saw a problem with actually colonising itIC: "If the Syrrinx knew of this sector they might use it as a staging point to rebuild their forces away from our eyes. Likewise we do not yet fully trust the Natsirt, and are unwilling to give them two territories to potentially invade from. And the feed from the Diet of Bivali Mun that our delegates are broadcasting suggests the Treanuans might be a little too eager to take as much of this sector as they can. So we agree that this should remain classified between our two governments."IC: "Why exactly are you so determined to get hold of the 2-14 system?" the Alizarin asked of the Treanuans

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: It is not specifically 2-14. That is just the closest, and least developed of the Syrrinx systems. We would have no problem with taking another one, but it would be more valuable, as they would have a larger population and more established industries. So it was thought to be more prudent to ask for 2-14 though. If it belongs to the Diemawr, however, we have no special desire for that world in particular, we simply desire a Syrrinx world.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [General]Even as the Alizarin and Diemawr talked, the Valiant class vessel had gone into Sector 3; it stayed near the IL, not making contact with any civilized worlds, but it began to map out the region, and this, combined with the precious little but enough data collected by the Valiant in Sector 2 lead Natsirt astronomers to two startling conclusions; one, there was another three potential IL passages in Sector 2, and there was a potential passage in Sector 3. Plans were made, and it was decided that after the Leben campaign the Last Breath of the Enemy would be sent into Sector 3 to scout it out.[Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]About the time Nil'hera was done in his room, he walked out into the minimalistic hallway to find it swarming with scientists of all sorts. The captain was, naturally, shocked; he knew a good many scientists had been ordered to his ship, but he didn't realize the whole stasis room had been filled. There had to be at least twenty in the hallway, wasting extremely valuable airtanks. One of the scientists walked up to him, obviously the leader of the bunch, and raised an annoyed hand."Captain, captain!" She pushed through the crowd, Nil'hera giving her the briefest glance before starting to walk away. "Captain, I need you to sign this document.""Why?" He didn't stop walking."Because, it's giving us the lease to get off this ship.""Fine, fine." Nil'hera grabbed the stylus, giving a quick signature on the pad before handing it back. "Now get the **** off my ship. You're crowding up the hallways."The scientist was wise enough to stop talking at that point, while Nil'hera walked into the bridge, and was greated with something equally pleasant as the scientist; a bridge that was torn apart."What in the name of-""Sir, it isn't as bad as it looks." An engineer poked his head up from a fray of fiber optics. "Well, actually, it is, but we'll have it fixed.""Talk corporal, now.""Yes sir, well, it'd seem that these ships just are not made for being submerged. Yes, our hull is holding rather well under the pressure and the leaks are minimal, but the minimal leak happened over the fusion drive. We had to shut it down." The engineer shrugged. "It was that or blow up the ship, which I think you'll agree isn't an option.""...Corporal, are you telling me we're stuck here?""Well, until we can get a fusion spark, or find some plutonium, yes." The engineer shrugged again. "On the bright side sir, thanks to this the Valiant class can be upgraded so that this won't happen again.""Corporal, there are no ships to send to give us a fusion spark; the civilian fleet is prohibited from traveling here until we have peace, and the military is tied up in defense of homeworld, the Leben campaign, or long range scouting missions.""Well sir, I think we need some plutonium then. Uranium could work, but it'll take a while longer.""So I have to negotiate with aliens for a radioactive element?" Nil'hera gave a hiss of air that was the combination of a sigh and a growl. "Alright, now answer me this; why is my bridge torn apart?""Shutting down the fusion core isn't exactly recommended procedure; it fried some computer systems.""I want this fixed, and the fusion drive ready to be sparked by the time I get back." The captain stormed out, heading for the airlock. This was going make for an interesting meeting.

voidstars.png

Use a bolt of lightning!

-Rover

OOCThat... despite being a joke -and a good one-, might actually work, even though if lightning was that hot then you'd think there'd be atomic fusion going on whenever lightning strikes. A massive bolt of electricity though, the sort a futuristic power generator might make, could probably produce enough heat to start the fusion process though.As you guys see, my vessels run off of self-sustaining fusion; as long as you're pumping some sort of fuel -hydrogen and helium being the preferred, harvested from gas giants-, it keeps itself going. My ships however do not carry the means to start fusion, as even on land they still have the reaction going, though abet a very small one.Also, peeps, there is now an IL between S3 and S6. Maps updating in a second, once I fetch Vigor's planet locations. Thankfully Christmas break is upon me so I'll have more time on my hands, thus more time to update these maps.Maps updated.IC [General]With new Llor now a thriving Inner World, there was much celebration throughout the empire, and the government had begun to exploit the vast resources coming from the colonial worlds to form a new currency base; it was obvious now that quartz would not be a practical currency, so the plan was to quietly shift from quartz to another resource. Since everyone just used credits, it was doubtful people would notice, unless the prices went out of order with the shift.

voidstars.png

OOC: Ohohohoho, yes. You missed so much. Guessing the majority of your classes actually had finals, then?Anyway, from the top.-War with the Syrrinx. They invaded the Natsirt, called in the Diemawr to help them.-Alizarin weren't too happy with this, stopped the Diemawr at their borders and basically said they'd burn them out of the sky if they tried to assist the Syrrinx. -Diemawr didn't like that idea, so the Alizarin got them to attack the Syrrinx instead. -The Treanuans also ended up helping out against the Syrrinx, so when the Syrrinx fleet came back around, they got smoked (though the Diemawr took heavy losses)-There's a meeting going on between those who were involved to divvy up the Syrrinx territory.-It's been generally agreed that it's going to be a 3/4/3 split-The Treanuans really want control of a segment of the Syrrinx population. They're the only ones who think that's a good idea.-Sectors 3 and 6!-Two races already in 3, which connects to 1-Alizarin and Diemawr have discovered 6, and have decided to keep it to themselves-Natsirt have discovered 6, and may be planning to invade everything-3 apparently connects to 6 now, which I don't like at all-War between the Leben and Natsirt-Leben tried to sabotage a Natsirt ship-Natsirt are trying to make the Leben go splat---In other matters, Goron-Trysor is now an Inner World. Happy day!IC(Science): "Agreed fully. Perhaps, however, our two races should begin making efforts to secure this sector ourselves?"

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCYes, and my entire bloody fleet is tied up over Leben Prime; it's absurd, and I need to be doing better things with my fleet, like the defense of my empire and politicking with a giant warship. Not sitting over a planet hoping life stops strangling Veeci.I'm about ready to just remove the fleet and justify it in game as the Head Admiral getting bored of no response.Though as a schematic, the Natsirt technically do not know of S6's existence yet; they know there's an IL up there, but they do not know where it connects. With their knowledge of the ILs in S2, they currently think it links into S2, and are reacting as such. Unfortuantly I can't do anything until my flagship and fleet are done with the Leben campaign.

voidstars.png

OOC: We killed the Syrrinx. Killed them in the face. We're just in the middle of picking over their carcass :PIC: With the new sector being filed under clandestine operations, the Icterine Bringer of Sight to the Sightless created a new holographic projection amongst its star maps. At the moment they only had the one system, but if this new sector was anything like their home one, more were forthcoming."Agreed," they said the the Diemawr accompanying them, "Maybe you should work on holding the fort on this side, since it is closest to your territory. For now we intend to continue exploring the sector. Our readings of the nebulous 'burnspace' we passed through to get here suggest the link to our sector may not be the only one."IC: "We gain a Syrrinx world from the new divisions," said the Alizarin, "What if we were to give you a portion of the populace there? We would be able to arrange accommodation for some of them on an Alizarin specific world, but nowhere near the millions, if not billions that already reside there. If we could shift, say, half the population of Lianka to one of your worlds, would this satisfy you?"

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCXom did an unprovoked attack on my space.I held the line.Power and Rover creamed Xom.The Syrrinx died.

voidstars.png