Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

IC:"We've protected our own interests against the other corporate nations and the Syrrinx republic for twenty odd years now. Annihilation Industries is an independent nation in its own right."OOC: Power: Yes, it resets, and I don't see why Lianka can't have canals.You should just make it go full-on Planet Venice.

Edited by King Of Shadows
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: So, some unfortunate news.I think I'll be leaving the game for now.It's nothing against Xom or any of you guys, it's just that with my schedule getting busier and busier, whereas a standard TBRPG would be more manageable, I just don't have the time to keep up with something like this over the internet, much less cohost it.I asked Xom, and the Natiru will stay alive, but with closed borders, so if and when I'm freed up, I can return, but for now, consider me gone.Cheers gents, hoping to see you around the forum.

baltimore_ravens.png

OOC: Sorry to see you go Necro. Promise we won't annihilate the Natiru while you're gone :PIC: With the planet claimed, and a satellite net already around it, the Alizarin ordered the construction of a Beryl-class starbase. They were going to make use of the extensive new facilities...

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"Give us the signal when you're ready to accept us."

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: I rather like the little side-story you've got going on here, Alex.

OOCWhy thank you; I'm going be starting the full IIA plot, as they're going be doing some actions that shadow organizations typically do, like making people disappear and inflicting plagues amongst alien threats.IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Scientist Kitera]"Of course." The lead scientist motioned to the group, many of whom were already deeply studying the aliens. "I'm Kitera Nil'teya, lead xenobiologist and in general lead scientist for this expedition. I don't believe we've been given a work up of your language; if you could send a transmission to our vessel of a dictionary and grammar workup, our translators will allow us to communicate much better."[Meanwhile]Nil'hera had returned from his vessel, walking back into the room as the meeting concluded. "My apologizes; I received some... revised orders on a side mission. I have been ordered to tell you that the Natsirt Star Empire, and indeed as it has become a joint operation, the Trilateral Alliance of Planets, have discovered a new sector of space."OOCSecret? Ha! Methinks this will sow the seeds of chaos faster this way. Secrets are good when you want to cleverly and slowly subvert someone; this, on the otherhand, just throws the power balance out of control without the slightest hint of subtlety.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: A new sector? Have any other nations been encountered?IC: The diplomat nodded, and tapped the side of his neck."We have transmitted a dictionary of Kau Bivali and standard Tey'so light communication. Be advised that you may encounter varying dialects of both, but we will be here to assist."He guestured farther down the beach."The city is just over that hill and around the island, around a twenty minute walk. We were planning to walk, but transportation can be arranged, should you desire."

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC(General): With the conference effectively concluded, the Diemawr had begun sending the remaining four Marwolaeth to establish official Diemawr control over the inhabited planets in systems 14, 15, 9, and 8. The uninhabited systems were left alone for now - the key issue was simply getting as many inhabited worlds under Diemawr control as possible, without upsetting other members of the Pact.IC(Sector 6): "We are receiving, hearing, and understanding this message. Are there any indications as to where this new line leads?"IC(Meeting): With his duties for the meeting concluded, the Diemawr representative replaced his helmet, and exited the meeting hall, walking along the ocean floor until he could see the surface. Activating gas jets on his exoskeletal suit, the Diemawr rocketed upwards, and, within minutes, had broken the surface of the water. Using the jets to remain steady in the water, he activated a transponder signal, and waited for the Golau-a-Gobaith to pick him up.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:Sienta checked the seals on her environment suit, and, within fifteen minutes, her ship thundered into the sky, its fusion drive leaving a cloud of boiled ocean water behind.

-Rover

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]"Our preliminary has picked up EM signatures, signatures that are not random. That was the other half of my orders." The man cleared his throat. "The Natsirt are making a formal statement that we will be talking to these aliens first; while I doubt we will go as far as to fire on our new found... friends, in the interests of the Empire, we are calling the right to first negotiations. If this is not... satisfactory, I've been given the authority to form a united diplomatic party, consisting of this Pact and the Alliance. We would not want our new found brethren in the stars believing that they had to choose sides, would we?"[Meanwhile]"The walk is fine. My team is going want to study this world in depth." The woman looked the crab-like creature over, noting a few details before moving onwards. "I was told there is another species, a sort like the Alizarin. Do you share a symbiotic relationship?"

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "Let us talk. You have much to learn, foreigner.""In the beginning, there were the Tsui'nau. They do appear similar to our allies, the Alizarin. They came to the Sui'Malo, and brought them the light. They served the Tsui'nau as the gods they were."Here he stopped for a moment."Mind you, the Tsui'nau are not your gods. They are ours. You will be treated as equals by them, and by us. We only ask that you respect this facet of our culture."He nodded to the Natsirt, then continued, the tide rolling out over the feet of the gathered beings."The Sui'Malo grew the empire of the Tsui'nau, through war as well as diplomacy. They gained the fertile kelp plains of the Maladu, and the craggy coral shelves of the Ka'Sharek."These four races shared Treanu, and all was peaceful. They grew together, united by one force- the Eyua. This organ, shared by all the Treanuan races, allowed them to connect with the Eyuani- a network of coral covering the planet. The Eyuani is a biological computer- it allowed Treanuan society to grow and stay connected, while sharing ideas and culture, merging into a single society."The world of my race, Bival, orbits Treanu. When the Treanuans made their first forays beyond their world, they came from the sky to ours. The pagan Bivali did not recognize the gods for who they were, and we fought them. It was a difficult war, brutal on both sides. But in the end, we realized the truth, and peace was gained. Though we lack Eyua, we have joined Treanu in brotherhood."This world, Bivali Mun, or "Little Bival," in your tongue, bears similarity to Bival, hence the name. However, there are many differences."As they talked, they came upon the outskirts of the city.It extended from the water up the shore and into the jungle. The buildings were not huge, but decent sized, and made of wood, metal, and what seemed like coral. Docks extended out into the water, with small watercraft moored there."The Bivali are the only race of our nation who are amphibious, which is why our settlements extend onto land, some entirely so. This one continues down into the sea. There are a few Sui'Malo there, as well as a small number of Maladu, but for the most part you will only encounter my race and the Tsui'nau."The group stopped at the waters edge, each Bivali taking a Natsirt, and handing them a small, gooey, star-shaped object, which seemed like a starfish made of gel."Place it over your face, and it will produce oxygen from the seawater, as well as allow you to speak."OOC: Btw, Alex, Bivali are humanoid crabs, Tsui'nau are jellyfish, Sui'Malo are humanoid squid/cuttlefish, Maladu are giant squids, and Ka'sharek are humanoid squid/snails. :P

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]All the scientists present cringed; it would be to no surprise to anyone who had studied Natsirt history, though. The Natsirt religions were wide and spread, and many had gods and divinity, but in almost all the Natsirt were never oppressed or suppressed. Most Natsirt gods were entities that simply let the world run, with no interference in the Natsirt way of life. But most of all, one would have to realize one of the most bloody eras of Natsirt was brought about by those claiming to be gods. Natsirt history was already written with bones as pens and blood as ink, but this era had caused so much bloodshed the population actually dropped. In the course of two years, a five billion population was reduced to three and a half billion."Well," the scientist said carefully, "I'm a biologist; not a philosopher. I'll let them debate cultural issues with you. I'd prefer we didn't mention that though; you must realize, the Natsirt suffered their greatest loses during an era when Natsirt claimed to be gods. Two and a half billion people were killed in those mad crusades; even our great nuclear wars never killed that many, though they came close. You can see how this might bring up images of a past we try to forget happened."Then she looked at the creature, then pointed to her space suit. "I don't think that's needed; these suits, while designed for space, will work just fine underwater. It's really an all-terrain and all-atmosphere sort of thing."

voidstars.png

an era when Natsirt claimed to be guns

BEST ERA OF ANYONE'S HISTORY ANYWHERE Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

OOC...whatthe****I officially hate my fingers.

voidstars.png

IC: He nodded."It is merely a difference of culture- while you may be reminded of dark times, there are those among us that see these relations as blasphemy. However, they are small groups with no real power, and do not reflect our nation as a whole, or even a significant part."He shrugged."As for this, suit yourself."They dropped the creatures back into the water, then mounted the vehicles, which appeared somewhat like jet-skis.Looking back, the Natsirt could see the Bivali "suburb", smoke rising from cooking fires in the homes, children playing. It was a peaceful place.Out to sea, the dock could be seen above the surface, and with some sort of vision magnification, one could see docked ships."If you're ready," continued the lead Bivali, "We'll take you into the city."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

Anyone who can draw, I will be very happy if you provide me art of Natsirt cosplaying as guns

-Rover

OOC: ppfftt.I'll... I'll see what I can do about that. That's just... wow.Take-over of 4 Syrrinx worlds now complete. Excuse me while I dig up the last Syrrinx IR... ... ... Woohoo. A Core World, a Forge World, a Home World, and an Outer World. That's 13 added, plus the extra from Alata industries... this is, of course, operating under the assumption that nobody who didn't IC bombing Syrrinx cities bombed them...I nearly doubled my Industry with that acquisition. Ladies and gentlemen, this constitutes a governmental name-change. No more vague in-game handwaving of the official title of the Diemawr government, the age of the Diemawr Empire has begun.Let's see... This justifies rapid military growth... For purely defensive purposes, of course. The Diemawr are ever-cautious, they don't want to annoy their allies.Begin construction of one Brawd-dur over each Syrrinx world, to be completed on the night of the 18th.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"Yes, I think so." The scientist looked over at the alien, then sighed. "I suppose since you've given us some of you... history, we should give you some of ours. The Natsirt began as a violent race; we mirrored our world, which during our earliest years was marred with volcanic eruptions and meteor strikes. We were forged from the raw material of the asteroids that destroyed our continents, heated by the magma that spewed into our villages. After that, we became a rather warrior like species, constantly fighting over the smallest of things. In this era though we learned honor, of what to do and of what not to do. Natsirt wars were never destructive on a mass scale; even our nuclear wars, the most destructive of all of our wars, were done strategically, taking care not to harm civilian targets, or at least minimize the damage."It was after our fifty nuclear war that a religious wave lashed over my people; it kept us from destroying ourselves. Our main religion taught us to take life for what it is; the gift to us from those beyond our understanding to live it to the fullest. Without this, it's likely we would of never advanced to become an interstellar power. In recent times though that belief was fallen slightly, but the majority of my people still believe in it. Then there is netraye; that is a more recent invention that has helped my people along."The translator, finding no word for netraye, just put it in there, so the delegate would just have to ask what it was if he so pleased.

voidstars.png

IC:On Ath, the Syrrinx were just happy to see the money flowing again; the Republic Navy, with its constant high spending, had generated a good deal of profit for the Syrrinx people. Hopefully, that would return as Syrrinx metallurgists, welders, and shipbuilders were put to work on new and unfamiliar designs.

-Rover

IC: As the vehicles sped out over the water, the Bivalvi tapped a few buttons, setting auto pilot.His head then turned around 340 degrees to where he was nearly facing the Natsirt."What would this... Netraye be, exactly?"OOC: Foaming metals are beginning to be added to all ships as a secondary armor. The fleet is being partioned for this, and so should finish completely in a week.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Wonderful. Gotta love Syrrinx shipbuilding, and gotta hope the Treanuans are not the next people I go to war with, because, frankly, Syrrinx foam-metal armor is not a kinetic projectile's best friend.IC(Syrrinx Worlds): While Syrrinx shipbuilders were hard at work designing new Diemawr gun-boats, Diemawr architects were wandering through major Syrrinx cities, taking notes on the core elements of Syrrinx architectural design. Soon, they would be contacting Syrrinx building contractors for the construction of new Conclave halls, designed to blend the best elements of Syrrinx and Diemawr architecture. Other elements of the cities would largely be left alone as long as they functioned efficiently - only administrative buildings were a priority for redesign.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"Netraye; ah, your language must have no acceptable substitute. A side effect of translators." The woman shrugged. "It was a technology perfected about fifteen years ago, to assist in colonization of worlds. It uses a combination of physical alteration and genetic mapping and extrapolation to shift the subject from one gender to the other. After a slight patent war over it the technology was released to the public, with what can only be described as 'bored excitement'. An oxymoron I know, but it's the only thing I can think of. Fifteen years later and it has been successfully integrated into society and is an every day thing."

voidstars.png

IC:Syrrinx Architecture was as diverse as it could be.In the Mountains of Kaan, it was shaped by the terrain. A seventy-kilometer long, two thousand meter high mountain range that had been the core of Syrrinx civilization for time out of mind, the mountaintops were tipped with elegant cathedrals, of designs that humans, for lack of a better word, would class as baroque, gothic, classical, or modernist, depending on the era. These Cathedrals, in ages past, had been great temples, screaming praises to gods and preaching to the masses. In modern times, they were relics of ancient societies, a kind reminder of ages past, and occasionally a place to seek solace with the Endless.Lower down, Skyscrapers stood in the valleys between mountains, held aloft by bridges between the towers; Syrrinx had come from the trees, and still preferred to live high up. The Mountains of Kaan were less of a city and more of a hive. Entire cultures, languages, and religions could pass undocumented in what one could argue was the greatest city in the galaxy. But the core of Syrrinx architecture was simple; high towers and fortifications, even when the fortifications were long obsolete thanks to bombs.

-Rover

IC(Syrrinx Worlds): After completing a tour of the Syrrinx worlds, the Diemawr architects took some time to finalize a design for the Conclave halls that would be built on each Syrrinx world.What they came up with was a combination of three very different styles of architecture - the centerpiece of the structure was a huge, polished metal dome, covered in a layer of starship-grade armor. Surrounding the black dome that was so characteristic of important Diemawr structures would be sixteen of the baroque Syrrinx spires, reaching into the sky around the central dome, each one as ornately detailed as those on the old Syrrinx cathedrals. Towards the bases, however, the structure become rather plainer and blockier, reverting to a mix of the practicality of Syrrinx city architecture and Diemawr architectural paranoia, the base of the structure presented a blocky, well-fortified face to the world, a dull, drab face that contrasted sharply with the sixteen entryways along its perimeter that mirrored the excessive detail of the spires.The plan was forwarded to Syrrinx building contractors, ordering one built in each major Syrrinx city, though the dimensions of the designs sent to cities that weren't planetary capitols were slightly less grand, with a smaller total size and only eight spires instead of sixteen.The Syrrinx economy was alive and living well, thanks to the building projects coming in from their new Diemawr overlords.OOC: If you also want psychotically grandiose Conclave halls built on your worlds, kindly surrender to the Diemawr right now.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: "Hmm. Interesting.... We have not had the need for such a process. But still, interesting."If the Natsirt looked down, they would see the seafloor continue to deepen through the clear water, buildings visibile with Bivalvo swimming and walking through them.Suddenly, the vehicles began to descend, entering the sea. Through the water, lights could be seen.As they got closer, it soon became apparent what the lights were.A huge city, easily three times the size of New York rose up from beneath the waves. Towers of metal and coral extended up from the seafloor below, vehicles similar to their own zipping between them, or landing on platforms which extended off the side.Signs in alien tongues with glowing letters extended off the buildings, advertising all manner of products."So," asked the head Bivali, transmitting his voice into the Natsirt's helmets, "How do you like the city?"

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:The plans were adapted and, in what would seem like obscenely quickly, the conclave halls were completed. Small nanorobots had carried the materials for construction into place, assembling the construction molecule by molecule. Roughly ten million nanobots per building made it go quickly enough.Each of the planetary governors sent a message, asking whether the planets would have to alter their flags or heraldry, and if so, with what symbol.

-Rover

IC(Syrrinx worlds): The Syrrinx planetary governors were informed that while the flags representing their planets would not need to be changed, they would be required to fly the official flag of the Diemawr empire, which was rather simple - a black nine-pointed star on a forest-green field, with a single white circle at each of the points of the star.The Syrrinx were also informed that, pursuant to Diemawr governmental style, they would be required to elect a Conclave from their own population. One seat on each planetary conclave would be occupied by a Diemawr, while local conclaves would be left free of the actual physical presence of the new overlords.OOC: A memo to all aspiring evil overlords, everywhere:This is how you get the job done.

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The Alizarin were worried the Natsirt had discovered the same new sector they had, until the EM signatures were mentioned. There were no such signs of life in the new sector they were exploring."Of course, as the first to discover the new space you get the right to first contact." IC: "If our calculations about the Burnspace are right, then this Line leads to a new sector which will in turn lead to Sector 1."To illustrate their point they send a projection of a ring made up of four quarters. "The cyan ring is our home, the violet ring is sector 1. They link up. Now we have the two new sectors, red and green, which also link up, and join to us. Potentially this could allow access to Sector 1 around the Natsirt sensors."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Nil'hera]"Of course; when my vessel leaves, I suggest a representative of each race is brought along in it. Our vessels may be minimalistic but I'm sure you'll be able to survive until we reach homeworld, at which point we will transfer to a larger Homeworld class vessel and that will take us to conduct negotiations." The man raised an eyebrow. "I feel I must state the obvious; this could tip the balance of power. I suggest we all step carefully, as if one of us were to be... friendlier with these aliens than the other, well, you can imagine what could happen."[Kitera]The scientists looked down at the vast city, the xenoengineers taking notes of the designs while Kitera raised an eyebrow and shrugged."Impressive, though we have cities five times as large as this on homeworld."OOCSeriously, some of their cities are bloody huge. Four thousand years of constant growth will do that to you.

voidstars.png

IC(Sector 6): "Or it could allow the Natsirt to attempt to sneak into our sector - we do not fully trust them, and would not be surprised if they attempted to use treacherous means to gain an advantage over us. We must secure this sector to ensure that does not happen."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCI'll be entering S6 in less than an hour; I assume the Alizarin ship is parked right next to the IL, correct?IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"I look forward to it."OOCSorry, couldn't think of much else xD

voidstars.png

IC: The vehicles reached the tower, landing on a platform hanging off of it. Looking down, the lights lit up the water for a very long distance, before finally fading into black near the bottom.Four armored Bivalvi guards holding staves stood outside a large door. The lead Bivalvi who had brought them made a complicated series of hand signs, which were answered with a nod. The door slid open, revealing a long hallway. The group walked inside passing several branching hallways where other Bivali walked. The citizens stopped and gave the Natsirt strange looks, but continued on their way.After some time, they reached a circular room. As they entered, the Bivali tapped a series of glowing squares on the wall, which blinked and changed color. The doors then closed, and the room began to descend, revealing itself to be an elevator.it descended for what seemed an unnatural amount of time, showing the scope of the tower. Eventually, however, it stopped. Once at the bottom, the doors slid open, revealing yet another hallway. This one advanced straight for about 30 meters, leading to another door at the far end, guarded by four more Bivali. A similar process occurred, and the guards nodded.Here, the Bivali stopped."We are not permitted inside. The Tsui'nau will receive you there."Their guides then left, and the doors opened.Inside, they saw a vast circular chamber, full of doors periodically, without stairs or seemingly any way to access them. They proved unneeded, however, by the chamber's inhabitants.Floating and swimming through the room were hundreds of indentical, ten foot long glowing blue jellyfish. They entered and exited the doors, almost giving the appearance of a hive of insects.Three Tsui'nau floated towards the Natsirt, and the aliens heard a voice in their minds, speaking flawless Natsirt.Greetings, Natsirt, and welcome to Bivali Mun. I am the proctor of this world.It seemed to emanate from the lead Tsui'nau, though there was no way to be sure.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCThat reminds me; I need to start my genetically engineered telepathy project up officially in the topic. Should of started at the beginning of the game, but blah, now's better than never.IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"Telepathy." Kitera had a mixture of scientific excitement and dull notation. On one hand, the Natsirt were getting closer and closer to telepathy every day, but on the other, this proved the concept could work. "I am Kitera Nil'yera, lead scientist of this expedition. It's an honor to meet a being such as yourself."[Citamgine]On Citamgine some advances in the area of genetics gave new life to an old Confederation project, the attempt to engineer telepaths. It was expected with these advances, coupled with the data that would be sent from the Pact meeting, telepathy would be a fully realized ability soon enough.OOCETA on genetically engineered Natsirt telepaths, Dec. 22nd.IC [Location: 6-47. Identity: Head Admiral]The Last Breath of the Enemy, as well as the rest of the TAP convoy, materialized outside of the system, and with much excitement FTL communications began to be sent back to homeworld, though they were unsure if they would work this far out. No Natsirt had ever gone this far from Citamgine before.

voidstars.png

IC [Location: 2-43. Identity: Kitera]"I think you might be mistaken; I'm a scientist, not a negotiator or a diplomat. I don't have the authority to operate in any official capacity outside of cultural exchange."

voidstars.png

IC: "Indeed. We recommend colonising the planets around this line as soon as we can. If we have a string of defences here then we can build up fortifications and ships in free space in the rest of the sector."The Bringer of Sight deployed a modified buoy based of the Syrrinx designs for a Claim Beacon. It was essentially just there to keep an eye on the place as the Icterine warped to 6-48, but it might give anyone unexpected turning up to the area something to think about

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Location: 1-48. Identity: Kitera]"Well, cultural files being exchanged would be preferable; we are, after all, building embassies and habitats for alien races to stay in when they visit our worlds." She shrugged. "Biological work up and cultural history would be preferred for making the process as easy as possible."

voidstars.png