Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

OOC: The Alizarin deal with overpopulation by just building more cities. Since they have nomadic settlements and a whole planet's worth of ocean to roam around in its going to be a while before they run out of roomIC: As the Alizarin docked and walked out, they too were given the spiel about weaponry. They hadn't thought to bring any, given that they trusted the Diemawr even if they didn't trust the Syrrinx. So they had nothing to turn in, unless the Diemawr wished them to hand in their containment suits, an action that would kill them if followed through. IC(3-25): "Our scanners are picking up anomalous traces of EM energy which may be the new race. We think we may have a route, but we'd like to run our calculations past you," the Alizarin ship asked the Diemawr, "You may have more accurate results."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: With a nod, the guards placed their staves back into the ship, along with several grenades, coil guns, hidden knives, and laser projectors, among other things. When they returned, they each carried a shock projector- a sort of glorified taser.The group moved back toward the Diemawr.Greetings, friends. We are most honored to be here.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOCThe Natsirt would laugh so hard if they saw that. Maybe they did; no clue how close all of our ships are. But if they did they'll be tears at the moment. Warrior race they may be, but they also know loading your body with all sorts of various weapons is just plain stupid. Too much weight, it's unlikely you're going need all of them, so you might as well just carry two or three versatile weapons than a bazzillion specialized weapons.Sword, assault rifle, and a few grenades are all you need really.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOCTwelve?Even the Srygassa only had eight. xDOh yeah, and some Osalieli ships completed earlier, added into active duty into the defense fleet.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: The Astei removed all magazines and grenades from their persons (the rifles not being loaded to being with) and stacked them before the Diemawr guards. They, along with Tyrii, removed their blades from their harnesses and turned them in. They kept posession of their rifles, sinze without ammunition they could not be considered more lethal than any other blunt object.~~~Kaere (1-7) advanced to core world. Azernax (1-11) advanced to Protectorate.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC(Diemawr Security): The security squad-leaders appeared satisfied with the responses they received, and brought their hands out to their sides, holding them rigidly for less than a second before bringing them back to the front. The armored guards backed away, going about their usual duties."I will guide you to the meeting, which, from what I've heard, should be most interesting. They appear to be forsaking, for the moment, the political branch, in favor of more fruitful paths."With that, each guard began leading their assigned delegation to a set of rather utilitarian gates that had probably been set up by the Diemawr for this meeting. At an educated guess, they could be assumed to be the scanners the security officers had mentioned. As each delegation was heading towards the same gates, they would have a minute or so to take stock of the other participants before passing through the electronic eye of Diemawr Imperial Security.IC(Science!): After a brief - and thoroughly computer-guided analysis of the data, a response was returned to the Alizarin."You conclusion would seem the most apt. We will follow, as with many branches we have climbed, your lead."

Edited by The Shadows Out of Time

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The Alizarin's projected course sent them from 3-25 to 3-23, then onto 3-20, 3-18, 3-14 then 3-13, a system they believed was causing the long range EM readingsIC: When passing through the security gates, you could tell which Alizarin were bodyguards and which were scientists by the thoughts they were having. The scientists wondered how it worked. The bodyguards wondered just what it was supposed to be picking up, given their environment suits would set off anything designed to pick up hidden weapons

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Diemawr Security): As it happened, the whole thing was controlled by a Diemawr in a booth a few meters away, staring at a computer screen and pressing buttons. A warning beeped for about half of a second before a quick jab of a button shut it off. Everything found on the Alizarin fairly plainly matched the profile for the suits they were wearing, with nothing so anomalous that it wasn't probably just part of the suit. Really, a full inspection would be more certain than this, given the possibility of something being masked by the suit, but there was hardly time for that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:At the other end of the airport, several spacious Syrrinx cars, and a lance of light Battlemechs from Ath's Planetary Security, waited for the aliens to get through security. In the distance, the Mountains of Kaan loomed, and a in small town roughly halfway in between Kotepa Spaceport and said mountains waited a group of scientists.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC [Citamgine/General]On the homeworld of the Natsirt, something was happening. The IIA had begun mobilizing more of it's scouts than ever before, spreading throughout the empire as they began to plan something. They pulled their numerous contacts together, engineers beginning to work on a new ship design... for what, no one knew but the IIA.[Ath/Head Admiral]The suits passed through the sensors without setting anything off; the suits themselves were effectively titanium and hydraulics, with some sensors and a few airtanks for uninhabitable areas. So unless a titanium fist was considered a weapon, the suits should of made it through.OOCHydraulic powered armor is actually around today; some pretty awesome stuff can be done with it, and coupled with the kinetic re absorption techniques invented by studying kangaroos, you can get going bloody fast in one. Think a hundred kilometers an hour without barely breaking a sweat. Granted it's more of a hop than a stride, but still, it gets you where you want to go, with or without your dignity intact. Main issues is simply the cost and the very, very, fine mechanics of it, but this is four hundred years in the future, if we have prototypes now they'll have them mass produced in the future.Are these Syrrinx cars capable of fitting eight foot powered armor, or are my guys going have to hop their way to the secret mountain base?

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

OOC: Given the Syrrinx were about 8-10 foot tall (I think) and fond of wearing armour themselves, your dudes'll probably fit.And now thanks to you I can't imagine the Natsirt wearing any shoes other than a set of air-trekkers. IC: While the bodyguards in their more form fitting environment suits could slink into the car (even with the bulky containment devices they barely reached six feet in length) the scientsist would be more of a problem. The mobile aquarium they had come in was simply too long and wide to fit in any normal car

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well, Syrrinx are 7-8 foot tall, but you're far from the only power armor in the galaxy, and these things were made spacious enough to fit most things.IC:"Perhaps one of the Battlemechs could simply pick you up?" The driver of one Syrrinx car asked the Alizarin scientist. As it happened, for versatility's sake, the mech did have hands. At this suggestion it clamped its massive, four-barreled gun to its back, knelt, and held out its hands to pick up the aquarium.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCI suggest after the Alizarin get done with, we time skip to the base. I'm eager to get on with the tech level accession, even if I don't fully agree with everything being added.IC [Ath/Head Admiral]Meanwhile, having passed the security scan, the Natsirt delegation continued and got to the cars, the Head Admiral looking it over for a moment before getting in. Two of the soldiers gave a bemused look at the vehicle before getting in; on Citamgine, land based cars had been given up for mass transport subways and airbuses, which while sounding dangerous, were actually rather safe as they were typically controlled by computer mainframes.OOCTitanium tentacles? Interesting...Also, to be clear, the Natsirt delegation consists of the Head Admiral, four soldiers, all of which are in eight foot tall powered armor, with three diplomats and six scientists varying from biologists to engineers, the diplomats and scientists dressed in the usual Natsirt military space suits. Twelve in total. I'm going forgo describing the Osalieli as I don't want to step on Lloyd's toes if I do it wrong.

voidstars.png

IC(Diemawr Security): Watching from the security checkpoint, one of the security officers decided that this just had to be a bad idea. Even briefly overlooking the fact that the Syrrinx - that is, the one race at which most of those here were still rather angry - were the only ones armed, the little procession walking up to the mountains was going to be one of the most ridiculous things to happen on this planet since it was made part of the Empire.Fortunately, he didn't have to have any part of it - his job was Spaceport security only. Everything between the Spaceport and the conference was the responsibility of the Syrrinx.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCThe random mook makes a fine point; titanium fists might be awesome, but the Syrrinx are the one with a bloody mecha and a giant bloody four barreled gun.Because the Natsirt are warriors and would of noticed this long before me, some lowly teenager attempting to role play them, would of, I'mma saying they noticed this but chose not to comment on it at this time, though they will have a few words to say with the Syrrinx and the Diemawr about it at the meeting.

voidstars.png

OOC: Titianium tentacles sounds like something out of JapanNow we're just waiting on the Alizarin, whether they want to get carried or something else...

-Rover

OOC: Oh no you just had to say it.You just had to, didn't you. Argleblargle.Honestly, it's the Syrrinx's planet, so they kind of get to have reasonable amounts of dakka. Never enough, obviously, just reasonable amounts.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah. Of course, that one Light mech could be taken out by a few shots from a shoulder-mounted anti-tank weapon. It's not an issue for the Diemawr, and the thing's mostly for internal security affairs anyway.

-Rover

OOC: Exactly. I'm expecting the Natsirt to get very self-righteous very soon, at which point the Diemawr will get very shut-your-face.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCSlight problem Lucy; Power is offline and might not be back for a while.Hate to take off without Power, but we can just move on without describing how Power got his scientists around, and when he gets back he can say how they got there.Really, the method of transportation is irrelevant, just so long as we get there.Also, self-righteous? Hardly. They're respecting of other people, and having a giant gun will actually get you more respect from them. They just don't like it being pointed at them.

voidstars.png

OOC: And it isn't being pointed at them. It's basically being holstered at them.Anyway, based on what I know of the Natsirt, I'm just expecting them to get very annoying (in-game, not necessarily annoying to me) rather soon.As for skip/no-skip, I vote no-skip until TPtI shows up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Oh, by the way, my colonizer's complete. :DIC: In the system of 2-48, slated for colonization, a desert world was found. The head of colonization efforts sighed, but it would have to do.The planet was sandy, but around the equator was a large amount of volcanic activity. At the poles, and for a certain distance around them, liquid water could exist, so colonization plans calling for two large "lakes" were drawn up. These would irrigate the planet's poles, and provide a liveable area for the Treanuans, but primarily the new Syrrinx citizens.The plans were started, and Molokhe became a colony of the Trenanuan Dominion. Vegetation would grow around the lakes and rivers that were created, but around the equator would be a dead zone. However, it was rich in mineral wealth, and so designated a mining world.OOC: Oh, and construction started on a starbase over Mahalo.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC:Not too long after the races had arrived at the spaceport, they reached the small town where the scientists were to meet the aliens. The town wasn't too small; it had its own hydroelectric dam on the river, a respected college full of young Syrrinx earning degrees and throwing riotous parties, and a large warehouse which had been cleared out and fitted with the necessities. Inside, a trio of scientists squinted as the door opened to reveal Ath's infrared sun, and the odd dozen people present.

-Rover

OOCThe Natsirt are a pretty complex people, so when I describe them usually I'm refering to the general ideas of their military. Basically, the Natsirt are a more militarist version of humanity. They aren't stupid, they aren't constantly offended, but they still react to things differently. Their whole ideology is based off the simple idea that nothing is personal until blood is drawn. To a Natsirt, the threat of a beating is noted but not taken as offensive. Like I've said before, two Natsirt could curse each others families for hours, but unless a fight breaks out it won't have any lasting effects. Now, cursing a Natsirt's mother will still likely get you a fist to the face, but it only becomes personal if that fist is involved.This is why Natsirt wars are so bloody; threats of invasion aren't good enough. You actually must invade to make your point. So the Natsirt aren't taking true offense to the Syrrinx's battlemech, they're simply taking in the fact that combared to the so called 'honor guard', there isn't quite an even footing. Not to say the five Natsirt soldiers couldn't take the battlemech and any other lesser armored Syrrinx on, it's just most of them would likely be worse for the wear afterwards.That's why the Natsirt are currently rather miffed at the Syrrinx, but not that much. If the battle had actually reached New Llor and civilians had started to be killed, the Natsirt wouldn't be at this meeting, they'd be in orbit over Ath bombarding it and probably starting an interstellar war with the Pact. But if one wants an indepth view of Natsirt society and ideals, PM me.IC [Ath/Head Admiral]Everything the suits saw was being recorded, naturally, all while the Natsirt delegation talked amongst each other via the suit comm system. Mostly what this meeting was about, and what to do if a fight broke out.

voidstars.png

OOC: Ain't no party like a Diemawr party because a Diemawr party inevitably involves massive property damage. Thought I'd just throw that out there.IC(Security): Outside of the warehouse, and along the main road of the town, a full company of Diemawr soldiers was rather prominently positioned, each soldier in a full exoskeleton and standing at attention to greet those attending the conference. As of yet, there had been no sign of any Diemawr actually attending the conference, just large buckets full of security guards, honor-guards, and the occasional confused bystander.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCThe random mook makes a fine point; titanium fists might be awesome, but the Syrrinx are the one with a bloody mecha and a giant bloody four barreled gun.

OOC: I kept hinting the Alizarin were bringing something in with them (which they totally have), but its not going to match up to a battle mech if dung hits the fanAnd I was hardly going to quibble about how my guys were brought up to the meeting, you could have gone on without meIC: The huge aquarium had been shuttled up by the battle-mech, Alizarin bodyguards clinging to it like metallic parasites. When it was set down they shuffled back to attention round the group of scientists in the tank, keeping watch

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: This wasn't clear to anyone who isn't into Battletech, sorry, but I said there was a Lance of light mechs. Four of them...Rover: Is there any kind of party? You might be able to see columns of smoke and small explosions over the nearby college...IC:"Do please, come in!" The lead scientist said over the mass of hydraulic noises. Three of the four mechs took a position outside the warehouse, while the fourth walked around the back for some reason.

Edited by King Of Shadows

-Rover

OOC: Yeah, four is a bit more than one. Seems the Syrrinx take their honor-guards seriously. The Diemawr guard is slightly less impressive, because they haven't ordered mechs yet, but seeing as they're nominally working with the Syrrinx here, it doesn't make much of a difference.And, once the Diemawr do start getting their own mechs, it should be noted that a Diemawr Lance is more like a Star of mechs than a lance - that, is, five of them, not four.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"I know you're all busy people, so we'll cut straight to the point. Our firm is interested in the sale of technology. Technology that your countries' Navies will find useful on the battlefield." Behind the speaking scientist, holographic images floated of a Syrrinx ship, a Faerie, firing its weapons and taking incoming missile fire. A moment later, a black eggshell appeared around the ship. Missiles slammed into the field and exploded, the locations beginning to glow a wine red."Energy shields."

-Rover

OOCNinja'd, edit incoming.

voidstars.png

OOC: ToA: Take a look at the Banned Technologies List.IC:"We have no less than five distinct shields," The scientist said. "With working first-production models of each."

-Rover

OOCIf Xom took my suggestions -I want it on the record though that I did NOT suggest he add force fields, only that I gave him ideas for them after he told me he was adding them-, then these are close to hard science as possible. Remember, DARPA actually is working on a force field as we speak.IC [Ath/Head Admiral]The Natsirt gathered did a double take, the engineers starting to babble out a billion questions before the Head Admiral gave them static in their comms for their trouble."This is a great achievement," he said carefully, "but I would like to see this somewhere other than a hologram, as well as a full listing of all the various shield types and what they can do. Once we see them, name your price and we will buy the schematics, scientific knowledge, and other requirements for these technologies if we wish to have them.

voidstars.png