What to call the new Toa

What should we call the new Toa? We can't just call them Toa, since that will add confusion. The BS01 just archives the real--I mean the old Toa into gen 1 page, and utilizes the names of the Toa for the reboot. I suggest we leave the old pages in their proper place, and call the reboot Toa the Toa Okoto. Any other suggestions will be appreciated though. Who has ideas? :smilepahrak:

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

Could be Masters (Master Tahu, etc.), but I like Toa Okoto. It's similar to how we got the name Toa Mata, and I can see it being used more widely in the future. Maybe eventually we'll get something more official, but I think that's what I'll call them. Toa is just too ambiguous when talking about it with another Bionicle fan.

• Upvote 4

Toa Okoto makes sense to me.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I like Toa Okoto as well. There've been three other Toa teams named after the islands they were on. (Toa Mata, Toa Metru, and Toa Mahri) So I think Toa Okoto is a reasonable name for them.

Toa Mata's a bit weird because they were named after the Great Spirit rather than the island.

I would agree with what Chro said.

• Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

I'm fine with the general suggestions except the "Masters" one. I look at the Toa, hear/see the word "Masters," and the theme for He-Man plays.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

The Toa Mata were just called "Toa" until it was officially accepted as canon in 2007. And that was a pretty long time before they got that name. It might be a while before the new character have a team name, or maybe not. We're still learning about this new world and characters, so things could change.

So far all we know is they are Toa and Masters of their element. If you really want to name them, why not Toa Masters? :P Because I am lazy. That, or Toa Mastra... a name that was floating around the rumor mill for part of 2004-2006 when it was rumored the Nuva would return in stronger forms. I don't know who came up with that name but I thought it sounded sort of cool, and plus it sounds like "Master," and considering the Nuva for their time truly were masters, I thought it was also fitting. But then again I'm just some crazy old coot reveling in the old days while wondering about those crazy kids and their hero factories and their new fangled contraptions. So don't listen to me.

• Upvote 2

Toa Okoto is the first thing I thought upon seeing the topic title. I'd recommend that.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well following what the sets are called they would be Masters, but for now Ill just continue to call them the Toa Mata again, they just have that 01 look of the sets, with their bright colors and masks that are remakes of the 01 masks, they really remind me of that years sets

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Let's call them the Toa Masters, since it seems to confuse everyone.

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Masters, and I think they need to be included within their gen 1 counterpart pages. They are them, after all.

Not necessarily. They could just be similar characters with the same names; we don't know yet.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Toa Okoto in an unofficial context; Masters or simply Toa officially.

Was Toa "Mata" actually an official title? (I honestly don't know.)

Anyway, I think Toa Okoto is good.

'Toa Mata' has been official for a long while.

also, i'm pretty sure the new Toa are the Toa Nerda. becca said so

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 2

Well, like, was it officially from the very start?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

does it matter if it was from the start? from BS01:

The term "Toa Mata" was officially coined after the 2001-2002 story arc took place to prevent confusion. During this time, they were simply known as the "Toa" because they were the only Toa ever seen in the story at the time. Prior to the name becoming canonized, Toa Olda was another popular fan name, contrasting to the name Toa Nuva.

Uh, just call them Masters, like the packaging says.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

I feel like Toa Okoto would most definitely the most logical. The Toa in Metru Nui were called Toa Metru, the Toa on Mata Nui, Toa Mata. Of course, Masters is a fine name, but what if more "Masters" are introduced into the story? 

I wonder if new waves of Masters will have different elements? Maybe in the story the original Toa are considered the definitive masters of their elements now so new Masters of Jungle, Water, Fire etc would just clash with that. Maybe new waves will have Masters of Gravity, Sound/Sonics, Electricity and so on until they run out of sensible elements to use.

-snip-

does it matter if it was from the start? from BS01:

The term "Toa Mata" was officially coined after the 2001-2002 story arc took place to prevent confusion. During this time, they were simply known as the "Toa" because they were the only Toa ever seen in the story at the time. Prior to the name becoming canonized, Toa Olda was another popular fan name, contrasting to the name Toa Nuva.

I was just asking in the sense of "while Toa Okoto may not be official now, it could become such later, if the same happened to 'Mata'", but okay.

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Fun fact: Until Toa Mata was canonized as an official term, back in 2002 when the Toa Nuva came out, a common fan term for the old versions of the Toa was "Toa Olda".

These names seem to work:

• Toa Okoto
  • Masters
  • Toa Newa ( :P)
  • The Master Toa  :hau:
  • Yeah, Toa Okoto and Masters are probably the best choices.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I think just "Toa" works well enough for now; after all, there is currently no generation 1 team that we just call "Toa" any more.

Actually, while they're not "a team", any Gen1 Toa can be called just Toa. And occasionally I find myself slipping into calling the Toa Mata that still.
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Toa Okoto, Masters of the Elements. See, now everyone who matters is happy.

• Upvote 1