Sixshade Chimoru

Nathan Evo

Update 12/17/18: I don't know? I know I changed the black, blue, and dark blue colors but I don't remember if I added anything else.

So, like, aeons ago I got bored and made a sixshaded rendition of Dark709's Chimoru Omega kit.Then it skyrocketed in popularity and now nearly every major kit has a sixshade variant, even if it doesn't need it.So, this is the one that started it all. Whoops. Sorry about that, folks.

PNG Version

Also, this one has some new stuff, all of which sixshaded by me, most of which never before seen to the BZPower public. Yay.

Anyway, enjoy and whatnot. Credit to Dark709, Tavakai, Mercenus, Eljay, Zakitano, Philbert, and possibly many others I'm forgetting here, all of which made the original sprites sixshaded here. If you know something I missed or want to claim credit for something, speak now or forever hold your silence. Thank you.

Edited by Nathan Evo

Sixshade? That's nothing. DSS is eightshade. ;)But still, it does at to the solidity of Chimoru. Nice!

Chap, I've got a strong feeling good ol' Gerlicky doesn't care about that lil' fact.Anyway. Excellent job, Gerlicky. You impressed me once again, and I look forward to using the newly released kit.It's still the original Six Shaded Chimoru, and still the best six shaded.. thing. Chaha.

lovewarconga2.png

Sixshade? That's nothing. DSS is eightshade. ;)

Um, yeah. Great. Thanks for rubbing that in my face and using that stupid "I'm better than you" winking emoticon to add insult to injury. Oh, and by the way, if two shades makes such a huge difference, the original MNOLG kit had TEN shades. TEN.In all seriousness, though, I remember once that there was a fad going around in the Chimoru topic where people were tacking on shades to the original bishaded Chimoru, and the results generally wound up looking blurred and weird and were only more difficult to recolor. Referring back to the MNOLG kit, the "sprites" were huge and extremely high-quality so ten shades suited it. But for a normally low-quality kit like Chimoru, which originally had only two shades and a black outline, redesigning it with any more than six shades is pretty much overkill in my book.But yeah, thanks for the compliment and whatnot. Edited by Gerlicky

Um, yeah. Great. Thanks for rubbing that in my face and using that stupid "I'm better than you" winking emoticon to add insult to injury. Oh, and by the way, if two shades makes such a huge difference, the original MNOLG kit had TEN shades. TEN.In all seriousness, though, I remember once that there was a fad going around in the Chimoru topic where people were tacking on shades to the original bishaded Chimoru, and the results generally wound up looking blurred and weird and were only more difficult to recolor. Referring back to the MNOLG kit, the "sprites" were huge and extremely high-quality so ten shades suited it. But for a normally low-quality kit like Chimoru, which originally had only two shades and a black outline, redesigning it with any more than six shades is pretty much overkill in my book.But yeah, thanks for the compliment and whatnot.
Actually, the ;) was to denote that I was joking and that it doesn't really matter.Also actually, the original MNOG had nine.Also also actually, so does DSS, I just counted it wrong.Basically, thanks to the wonderful tonelessness of the internet (that's sarcasm) and probably cultural differences, you misunderstood something that was me not being serious. Sorry!And you're welcome.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Um, yeah. Great. Thanks for rubbing that in my face and using that stupid "I'm better than you" winking emoticon to add insult to injury. Oh, and by the way, if two shades makes such a huge difference, the original MNOLG kit had TEN shades. TEN.In all seriousness, though, I remember once that there was a fad going around in the Chimoru topic where people were tacking on shades to the original bishaded Chimoru, and the results generally wound up looking blurred and weird and were only more difficult to recolor. Referring back to the MNOLG kit, the "sprites" were huge and extremely high-quality so ten shades suited it. But for a normally low-quality kit like Chimoru, which originally had only two shades and a black outline, redesigning it with any more than six shades is pretty much overkill in my book.But yeah, thanks for the compliment and whatnot.
Actually, the ;) was to denote that I was joking and that it doesn't really matter.Also actually, the original MNOG had nine.Also also actually, so does DSS, I just counted it wrong.Basically, thanks to the wonderful tonelessness of the internet (that's sarcasm) and probably cultural differences, you misunderstood something that was me not being serious. Sorry!And you're welcome.
Where I come from, the :P emote signified that the previous statement was a joke and the ;) emote was just used by obnoxious goody-two-shoes POBZPCs who wanted to show off their feelings of superiority.Also, yeah, I noticed that about six seconds after I posted. :P

Where I come from, the :P emote signified that the previous statement was a joke and the ;) emote was just used by obnoxious goody-two-shoes POBZPCs who wanted to show off their feelings of superiority.Also, yeah, I noticed that about six seconds after I posted. :P
Oh. For me it was always the other way round. After all, in real life, sticking your tongue out at someone generally implies you're mocking them, and winking implies that what you've said isn't quite to be taken seriously.Ah well, no harm done, I suppose.BTW, what does POBZPC stand for? I'm not sure if I've come across it before.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

• 7 months later...

Okay, so bonesiii approved my request to make this topic revivable, so now I can announce an update! This one fixes a few sharing inconsistencies with the Matoran spritesheets, and also has a new official Turaga spritesheet (sorry, Zak). Also, you've probably missed the last update, which featured Toa Metru spritesheets. Yaaaay.Also, from now on, I'll only be updating the .PNG version, but I think you can just save that as a .BMP filed you need to.

Edited by Gerlicky

Wow. Shiny. I never really looked much at Sixshade for my own use (I should get more diligent with the recoloring...), but I just realized how shiny everything is. Literally. It's so shiny. Especially those Inika. Well done especially on the Skrall shield, that's a difficult effect to pull off.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there a Six Shade acsesory kit?
If you mean like the non-BIONICLE stuff in the bishade Chimoru kit like cloaks and guns and the like, there's probably a few unofficial ones floating around, but they aren't my concern.If you mean the expressions, I took those down long ago because people ultimately failed to realize you needed Dark's permission to use them and I have no intention if putting them back up.

• 3 months later...

Okay, everyone. I'm planning a big update to this soon, which will probably be the last-ever update to the official sixshade Chimoru kit. Ever.So, basically, if there's something you want me to sixshade for the final update, just request it here (or PM me if that's not allowed). Also, if you provide me with a link to whatever it is you want sixshaded, that would be greatly appreciated and way more likely to end up in the update.I will NOT do:-Dark709's expressions (which I already did and then took down)-Other members' Chimoru modifications-Anything from Hero Factory (because I've got other plans for that)

Edited by Gerlicky

A sixshade Takanuva '08 body and a Hau Mistika would be good, if you can manage it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TNG/Newcomics/toaaxilusprime.bmp Never mind the weapons, I only need the actual character. Also, anything from the knees down is already available in sixshade, so never mind that. And you already sixshaded the forearms, so never mind those either.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

A sixshade Takanuva '08 body and a Hau Mistika would be good, if you can manage it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TNG/Newcomics/toaaxilusprime.bmp Never mind the weapons, I only need the actual character. Also, anything from the knees down is already available in sixshade, so never mind that. And you already sixshaded the forearms, so never mind those either.

Speaking of which:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SKAKDI/LEGO/BIONICLE/Comics/toaaxilusprime_six_shade.bmp

Also I too have six-shaded some stuff I have a Toa Mahri Nuparu who just needs his weapon six-shaded.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SKAKDI/LEGO/BIONICLE/Chimoru/ChimoruMahri/six_shade_toa_mahri_nuparu.png

It's got credit. I only six-shaded the Codrex Blaster as well as the armor piece I mentioned in it.

Also I was able to do Mistika Hau Nuva.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SKAKDI/LEGO/BIONICLE/Chimoru/six_shade_mistika_hau_nuva.png

The last two may need some work though.

Edited by Damaracx 7.0

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Man, you wouldn't believe how hard it was for me to find this topic.

Anyway, a long time ago I fixed the black, blue, and dark blue, but I was bitter for some reason and decided to hoard it all for myself because I was a bitter little miser. But recently someone asked for the kit because it was on majhost and majhost doesn't exist anymore. So I decided to do the normal, non-obnoxious thing and share it with everyone. Here you go.

Keep in mind I don't remember the last thing I threw into the kit so I can't tell you if there are any new sprites there or not.

Also if anyone wants me to sixshade anything new, feel free to throw me a request! But I'd prefer it if you showed me the sprites of the thing you'd like me to polish up, just in the event I can't find it. (Or you can just do it yourself and post it here. I'm 100% fine with that now.)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, a long time ago I fixed the black, blue, and dark blue, but I was bitter for some reason and decided to hoard it all for myself because I was a bitter little miser. But recently someone asked for the kit because it was on majhost and majhost doesn't exist anymore. So I decided to do the normal, non-obnoxious thing and share it with everyone. Here you go.

Keep in mind I don't remember the last thing I threw into the kit so I can't tell you if there are any new sprites there or not.

Also if anyone wants me to sixshade anything new, feel free to throw me a request! But I'd prefer it if you showed me the sprites of the thing you'd like me to polish up, just in the event I can't find it. (Or you can just do it yourself and post it here. I'm 100% fine with that now.)

Could you make a version with a transparent background? I'm using Aseprite and it would make it much easier for me

PS: Sorry for the double quotes, I think BZPower glitched out for me

Edited by CaptainKyros