Question about the Gen 1 Mask of Creation

It is said that the Mask of Creation from the 2001-2010 era provides it's user the ability to "magically" know how to create the thing he wants to build and once he built it once, the user can make those things appears as he wants.

We know that Arthaka wears the Mask of Creation and created the mask of light (if I recall well). Does that mean he can now create an infinite amount of masks of lights or am I missing something ?

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

It seems likely possible that he could do such a thing, if he actually saw a need for it and had the required materials.

It seems unlikely that he would do it because:

1. The Mask of Light caused the Makuta to attack his island
  2. Why would he do something the same when he could do something different? He has infinite potential to work with, so redoing something(unless it's really cool) seems kinda unlikely
  3. Potential Blue-Orange mentality reasons in addition to/place of reason 2

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

Interesting. Then we're lucky karz didn't get the mask. Who knows what horrible things he could have done with such a powerful mask.

However, that still makes me wonder why Arthaka didn't create many Toa of Light or other sort of guardians to protect his island, or even to

help during the 1000 years-long war against the Brotherhood of Makuta.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

Interesting. Then we're lucky karz didn't get the mask. Who knows what horrible things he could have done with such a powerful mask.

However, that still makes me wonder why Arthaka didn't create many Toa of Light or other sort of guardians to protect his island, or even to

BS01 states this:

He can create Toa, but only does so if Mata Nui or the Great Beings request it and supply the necessary materials.

This is probably why he didn't make any Toa of Light to defend his island. As for other guardians, Artakha may not of thought that he needed them because he could control the climate of his island. Not to mention almost no one knew where his island was after Artakha asked the OoMN to kill anyone who knew of its whereabouts after Kojol raided it.

As for your comment about the 1,000 war, are you talking about the War the BoM had with the Dark Hunters? I don't why he want to help either side with that. They were two evil organizations that would've been threats to him and his island that were destroying each other, so I don't see why he would get involved in that.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

BS01 states this:

He can create Toa, but only does so if Mata Nui or the Great Beings request it and supply the necessary materials.

This is probably why he didn't make any Toa of Light to defend his island. As for other guardians, Artakha may not of thought that he needed them because he could control the climate of his island. Not to mention almost no one knew where his island was after Artakha asked the OoMN to kill anyone who knew of its whereabouts after Kojol raided it.

As for your comment about the 1,000 war, are you talking about the War the BoM had with the Dark Hunters? I don't why he want to help either side with that. They were two evil organizations that would've been threats to him and his island that were destroying each other, so I don't see why he would get involved in that.

By a "1000 year war", I think he was talking about the Dark Time, the period between Mata Nui being humbled by his creation and Takua beckoning the prophesied Toa Karda-Mata-Nuva to the giant's face.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

By a "1000 year war", I think he was talking about the Dark Time, the period between Mata Nui being humbled by his creation and Takua beckoning the prophesied Toa Karda-Mata-Nuva to the giant's face.

I see. When I hear a 'thousand year war' in the MU, I usually think of the BoM/DH War. :P

But if that is what I Exist is asking, he may have helped out during that time, but it just wasn't shown in story.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I see. When I hear a 'thousand year war' in the MU, I usually think of the BoM/DH War. :P

But if that is what I Exist is asking, he may have helped out during that time, but it just wasn't shown in story.

Agreed.

Whenever someone says "1000 year war", I think of the 600-year-long Roman-Persian Wars. xD Incredibly off topic, I know I know.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

He could create anything if he had the materials.

Although, I'm a bit confused by this line.

The Mask of Creation allows its user to imagine a completed product from raw materials and learn how to construct it. It can also create an object if the user is already aware of how that object can be made.

Did this mean that if he already knew how to create something, he could make it without need for materials?

And if so, did he just have to learn how to make it from the first usage of his power, and then apply it to the second?

• Upvote 3

Yeah, that's been an unresolved issue for a while. Of course, it's kind of allowed to be OP because it's one of the three Legendary Masks, but it's confusing why the definition bothers to include the first part if he can actually just poof anything he wants into being at any time in reality.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I don't think the second power is about 'poofing' things out of thin air. The description says the mask can 'create' things, but it doesn't say it doesn't need any materials for it.

The way I see it, this is probably how it works: say Artakha wants to create a Kanohi Miru, and for the sake of argument say he has no clue how to do it. So, what does he do? He uses his mask of creation to imagine how to turn the raw materials into the end result: i.e. he learns that he needs a Teleport Kanoka and a Weaken Kanoka, that he needs to smelt them both together and pour them in a Kanohi shape (this may be a simplified version of how it actually goes, but this is all we know of the process). That part was obvious, since that's the first power we're talking about. Now, what I think the second power does, is: it takes out all the physical effort Artakha has to do. In other words, he doesn't actually have to heat a furnace to smelt the Kanoka and he doesn't actually need a mold: the mask of creation takes the raw materials and performs all the work for Artakha. However, Artakha still needs a Teleport Kanoka and a Weaken Kanoka, since those are the raw materials. He simply doesn't have to get his hands dirty.

• Upvote 5

So if I needed a Kanohi Nuva, I would need the requisite disks plus a EP bath plus fire. 

*concentrates* "What do you mean, these disks aren't destined? You told me to go to this particular mountain on the Southern Continent and talk to the Matoran in the blue Hau in order to get these!"

I don't think the second power is about 'poofing' things out of thin air. The description says the mask can 'create' things, but it doesn't say it doesn't need any materials for it.

The way I see it, this is probably how it works: say Artakha wants to create a Kanohi Miru, and for the sake of argument say he has no clue how to do it. So, what does he do? He uses his mask of creation to imagine how to turn the raw materials into the end result: i.e. he learns that he needs a Teleport Kanoka and a Weaken Kanoka, that he needs to smelt them both together and pour them in a Kanohi shape (this may be a simplified version of how it actually goes, but this is all we know of the process). That part was obvious, since that's the first power we're talking about. Now, what I think the second power does, is: it takes out all the physical effort Artakha has to do. In other words, he doesn't actually have to heat a furnace to smelt the Kanoka and he doesn't actually need a mold: the mask of creation takes the raw materials and performs all the work for Artakha. However, Artakha still needs a Teleport Kanoka and a Weaken Kanoka, since those are the raw materials. He simply doesn't have to get his hands dirty.

That's a great explanation if I may say so. Plus, it helps to explain how Artakha created six versions of the Golden Kanohi (he already knew how to do one, the mask could easily do five more), 30 Kanohi Nuva to send to the island of Mata Nui, and then six sets of Adaptive Armor, with their own Kanohi Nuva, for the Toa Nuva when they had proven their worth. In my opinion, the Mask of Creation is more of a time saver than a magical create anything you want/need out of thin air device.

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

Major likeage to your post, Thorm. :) It would be awesome if Greg would canonize that. *gets mobbed by anti-canonization folks*

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Major likeage to your post, Thorm. :) It would be awesome if Greg would canonize that. *gets mobbed by anti-canonization folks*

The "anti-canonization" camp isn't opposed to people getting confirmation on details that were left unclear. Fleshing out the powers of the Mask of Creation is a perfectly acceptable use of the LMB thread.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison