Best Lego set ever

For me, it would have to be the Orient Expedition Scorpion Palace. It had a great appearance, okay play features, and cool minifigs. I really can't thnk of anything not to like about the set.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

In my opinion, 6199 Hydro Crystallation Station. The set alone had enough things to play with by itself (the main base with detachable dome, a search sub, and a small enemy sub, plus a trapdoor and a suction crane with conveyor belt), and was incredibly sturdy to the point that nearly 20 years later through countless moves, repackagings, and unpackagings, it has stayed intact with very little repair work needed. It had a lot of cool pieces for MOCing as well and had incredible replay value (even better with additional Aquazone sets of course.) I may be partial to it since it was my first "large size" ($99.99 at the time) System set, but I remember playing with that thing for years without it ever getting old. Still keep it assembled and on a shelf today, in fact.

Of course, I've hardly owned anywhere close to every set in existence. :P

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

For me, the best Lego set ever made would have to either be the Mars Mission Recon Dropship or the Hypersonic Operations Aircraft. The former was highly swooshable, had a sturdy good-looking build that used many useful pieces, had a nice little blunt shooter, came with a dropship function that enabled it to pick up the mining vehicle, and also included an alien ship for roleplay! It was a good price, too. The second set was huge. Seriously, it was one of my biggest Lego sets! It had so many functions! It came with a nice alien ship with some of the best stickers I have ever seen, pressing the button on the top caused the hangar to drop down so the mining car could be deployed or picked up, the cockpits could split into seperate vehicles, it came with a plethora of rare and useful parts, and also had a fairly sturdy build even if it was too big to be easily swooshed.

Dropship: http://brickset.com/sets/7692-1/MX-71-Recon-Dropship

Hypersonic Aircraft: http://brickset.com/sets/7644-1/MX-81-Hypersonic-Operations-Aircraft 

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle, hands down. I just really like the build of the Great Devourer, the Ultra Dragon, and the shrine. All of it. Plus, LLOYD ZX!!

Edited by Toa Green Ninja

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

My personal favorite is with no doubt 10237 Tower of Orthnac. It is very fun to build, has a LOT of pieces and looks amazing with tons of detalis. It also has some cool minifigs and great rooms inside of the tower. the only negative thing I have to say about it, is the fact that it isn't a complete tower. The backside is open... However, that isn't visible if you display it with that side facing the wall, so overall it absoulutely fantastic!

-  :t: :u: :r: :t: :e: :x:

Check out my photostream at Flickr!

• 4 weeks later...

lego-star-wars-final-duel-ii.jpg

The Final Duel looks so exciting.

This is probably my favorite set because it's so ludicrous. Look at how small that hallway is! All three minifigures can't even fit on it at one time, as the box art shows.

Aah! The days when all of the characters only had the simple smile faces...those were the days.

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

http://static.bootic.com/_pictures/1559994/lego-star-wars-final-duel-ii.jpg

The Final Duel looks so exciting.

This is probably my favorite set because it's so ludicrous. Look at how small that hallway is! All three minifigures can't even fit on it at one time, as the box art shows.

Aah! The days when all of the characters only had the simple smile faces...those were the days.

That set was after those days. Characters stopped having just the simple smile faces in 1996. In that very picture, Luke has a stern expression — it's only the generic Imperial officer who looks uncharacteristically jovial. Maybe he's anticipating the hefty bonus he'll get for delivering Luke to the Emperor.
  • Upvote 8

• 4 weeks later...

Of the System sets I have, which are almost all LEGO Star Wars, the best one is 9515 The Malevolence.

Edited by Master Inika

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

5986-1: Amazon Ancient Ruins.

The tribal guy was one of my favorite minifigures (my favorite was Ogel from Alpha Team), and I loved the pieces and colors - lots of jungle stuff and artwork. The playability was also sublime; I've logged a lot of my childhood hours with this set.

5988-1: The Temple of Anubis also looks fantastic, but I don't really remember playing with it as much.

I don't hear about the Adventures theme that much, which is a shame because it's one of my favorites. The car design they used was great.

For me, the best Lego set ever made would have to either be the Mars Mission Recon Dropship or the Hypersonic Operations Aircraft. The former was highly swooshable, had a sturdy good-looking build that used many useful pieces, had a nice little blunt shooter, came with a dropship function that enabled it to pick up the mining vehicle, and also included an alien ship for roleplay! It was a good price, too.

Dropship: http://brickset.com/sets/7692-1/MX-71-Recon-Dropship

I wanted that dropship so bad! Mars Mission had a lot of good sets.

Edited by Jeordeon

IetTsFQ.png

5986-1: Amazon Ancient Ruins.

The tribal guy was one of my favorite minifigures (my favorite was Ogel from Alpha Team), and I loved the pieces and colors - lots of jungle stuff and artwork. The playability was also sublime; I've logged a lot of my childhood hours with this set.

5988-1: The Temple of Anubis also looks fantastic, but I don't really remember playing with it as much.

I don't hear about the Adventures theme that much, which is a shame because it's one of my favorites. The car design they used was great.

I agree, this was one of the few themes I 'collected' (by which I mean owned more than one of and wanted all of!) as a child. I also liked the UFO sets which I had more of than adventure but probably preferred the Adventure sets for playability...

For my choice though (and I don't usually go in for this sort of topic!) I'm going to risk a break from tradition as I don't see any mentione of System only sets here. That being the case I have a hands down winner for a whole bunch of sets I always wanted but never ever owned. They were always on the top shelf in my local toy shop and were in the hugest Lego boes I've ever seen.

They were, the Technic trucks... Here's a link to just a few;

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=1&q=truck&catLike=W&v=1

Click on any of those sets and tell me they aren't cool. Funnily enough my favourite (looking quickly in that order) is the older 1996 set 5571-1, probably because subconsciously I remember it from that same toy shop all those years ago!!!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

For me it is unquestionably the Aero Tube Hangar. The design may not have been anything radical or game-changing, and the air pump function may not have quite lived up to my expectations, but dang. It's still the coolest thing ever. Never thought at the time I'd ever have it, but my parents agreed that if I could save up half the money they'd pay the other half.

The day I got it in hand, after four months of lusting over it and saving every cent I could get my little hands on, was unreal. It was still wicked fun to build. One of these days I will dig out the tattered instruction book and build it again.

Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

For me it is unquestionably the Aero Tube Hangar. The design may not have been anything radical or game-changing, and the air pump function may not have quite lived up to my expectations, but dang. It's still the coolest thing ever. Never thought at the time I'd ever have it, but my parents agreed that if I could save up half the money they'd pay the other half.

The day I got it in hand, after four months of lusting over it and saving every cent I could get my little hands on, was unreal. It was still wicked fun to build. One of these days I will dig out the tattered instruction book and build it again.

I wanted that set so bad! Something that really stands out about Life on Mars is the purple color that all the sets used. Definitely not something I've noticed in any other themes.

Anyways that tube function looks like a lot of fun, I spent a little too much time admiring pics of it in the LEGO Magazine when I was a kid.

IetTsFQ.png

I wanted that set so bad! Something that really stands out about Life on Mars is the purple color that all the sets used. Definitely not something I've noticed in any other themes.

Anyways that tube function looks like a lot of fun, I spent a little too much time admiring pics of it in the LEGO Magazine when I was a kid.

The tube function did not work as advertised :P It was still fun, though. And from what I've seen of the Mars Mission sets, they managed to fix the tubes.

And the Martians were so much fun as figures and characters. They had so much personality just in their appearances -- just one more reason LoM will always be superior to Mars Mission.

• Upvote 1

bohrok_lol.jpg
Rate The Song Above You

I have a whole bunch of Mars Mission stuff (hint hint) and I did have a little play with it when it first came in. I love some of the sets but the tubes seemed a little lackluster to me. I guess maybe that's just because I'm old, grumpy and lack imagination but still. 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I feel a need to tell you crazy kids to get off my lawn. I think the oldest sets mentioned so far only go back to 1998. Some of us own sets going back to 1963.

LUGNET keeps records of their members' best-rated sets, and sends out a top 100 every month. There's very little to argue with on the list, but in case you hadn't seen it: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/statistics/?n=15973 - pretty much any vintage set that shows up there is worth picking up (BrickLink/ebay/convention vendors/yardsales/etc) if you can get it at a good price. On the trolling "kids these days" front, they still don't have anything in their top 100 from before 1978 (to be fair, that was the first year of classic Space and modern minifigures - and they didn't count 375).

It's easy to do cool things with larger sets, so understandably the most expensive sets tend to dominate the top, be some of the best, and provide an excuse for the bias towards newer kits (since 1000+ piece kits used to be rare).

For my part, 8880 Super Car (1994) is a favorite, and probably the most technically accurate vehicle they've put in a set. Newer attempts on the Super Car concept have actually had fewer working features. For a traditional playset, I'm all about 6066 Camouflaged Outpost (1987) (which apparently fell out of their top 100 :( ). It's got landscaping, hinges, three opening sections, old grey, a horse and 6 Forestman minifigs all in a sub-$25 set.

My favorite would have to be the MT-51 Claw-Tank Ambush. It was fun to build and play with. Actually, aside from Bionicle, it was the LEGO set I played with the most. Many times it would represent multiple tanks in the same area. It would be [super Awesome Codename 1] in one place, then I'd pick it up and quickly move it somewhere else so it could be [super Awesome Codename 2]. Great stuff.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember what the theme was called, but it was released back in 2004-2006ish, and it was pretty similar to Ultra Agents. That was the best IMO series of sets I've seen the date. I remember my friend having a giant ice fortress set put up on his dresser that I just wanted to play with because it was just sooo cool! But I couldn't 'cause he was pretty stingy with his stuff. :( 

I'm tempted to go on Ebay or something and buying ever single set, if I could just remember the name. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I don't remember what the theme was called, but it was released back in 2004-2006ish, and it was pretty similar to Ultra Agents. That was the best IMO series of sets I've seen the date. I remember my friend having a giant ice fortress set put up on his dresser that I just wanted to play with because it was just sooo cool! But I couldn't 'cause he was pretty stingy with his stuff. :( 

I'm tempted to go on Ebay or something and buying ever single set, if I could just remember the name.

Sounds to me like you're describing Alpha Team. The ice fortress set is 4748 Ogel's Mountain Fortress.

Sounds to me like you're describing Alpha Team. The ice fortress set is 4748 Ogel's Mountain Fortress.

Yeah! That's the set and the series! Thanks a bunch.

Edit: Just found it on Ebay for about 80 bucks. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Look no further than 5984 Lunar Limo. It's sleek, swooshable, has the best hidden blunt missile launcher of all time, has an incredibly flashy color scheme, and has the one and only BRICK DADDY.

When it comes to LEGO sets, nothing comes anywhere near the Lunar Limo. It's simply the best there is.

Very much agreed. The Lunar Limo is indeed a magnificent set. It and the Exo-Suit are about the only fully intact sets I have aside from my two UCS ones, and with good reason.

~B~

• Upvote 1

6977_Arachnoid_Star_Base.jpg

Boom, baby! This one holds the most sentimental value to me anyway. As a child, I begged and pleaded to own this set by any means necessary. But my parents were none too fond of the $79.99 price tag. But then they finally got it for me in 1999 when it was clearanced out at a Walmart somewhere far north of my location. Since that day, I still own the completely intact set. It has 2 small vehicles that detach from the main body...And the front portion can also be deployed as its own vehicle. There's a lot going on with this old classic. 

blast-hornet.gif Member #473. Gator%2Blikes%2Bwheels.gif

I can't say which is my favourite, because that's a tough one.

Though, I do have several favourites.

Arkham Asylum

Because it's Batman.

Lunar Limo

Love the design, colours, and Brick Daddy.

Jabba's Sail Barge

I love just about everything about it.

Helm's Deep

Because it's Helm's Deep.

The Fury-Class Interceptor

I just love the design.

Millenium Falcon

Because it's the Millennium Falcon.

Vampyre Castle

The set design is amazing, the many different rooms adds playability, and it's just awesome in general.

67685335.jpg             

Anyone remember the Lego NBA sets? Those were pretty cool for their own right.

It sucks Lego doesn't seem to be making those types of sets anymore.(Not that I've seen.)

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It sucks Lego doesn't seem to be making those types of sets anymore.(Not that I've seen.)

I remember when those came out. At the time I wasn't interested in basketball, so I never asked for it. Now I love both basketball and the NBA and I regret not getting it. Does anyone know how well the shooting mechanism worked?

I remember when those came out. At the time I wasn't interested in basketball, so I never asked for it. Now I love both basketball and the NBA and I regret not getting it. Does anyone know how well the shooting mechanism worked?

You might wanna ask Aachir about the details, but I'm pretty sure it involves pulling back the little lever and letting go, so it's not too reliable.

I went to go see on Amazon.com if they had any of these sets; sure enough they did, but the least expensive sets was going for around 80$ and the most expensive wanted $500+ for it.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm gonna give it to the Toa Okoto. Great sets with a ton of callbacks to their original versions. Sure they have some flaws, but for the most part they are better than any other Toa sets in the past.

They have dual use weapons, gear functions, new printed chestplates, the CCBS system, gold masks, and a ton of other features that fans old and new will love. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing