Weird colored armor piece..

JungleSlizer

When I got Vezon & Kardas set as a christmas present years ago, instead of including two golden Metru Knee covers, it came with two different ones:

Kneearmor_zpscdb570b1.png

Left is the normal piece, and right is the weirdly colored.

It has the same glittery effect, but it is really faint in color, almost translucent.

I haven't seen anything like it before, and I have searched over the internet, but can't find anything similar. Maybe it's a misprinted Knee-Cover? Any ideas?

I've never seen a Warm Gold part so badly discolored outside of "bootleg sets", but if you got this from a complete Vezon & Kardas set then it's almost certainly a legitimate BIONICLE piece. Interesting find.

Not much more to say about it really. That's a very old set, so if the problem were widespread I expect we'd have heard more about it. So you can think of it as a rare misprint if you like.

• Upvote 3

I think we may be misconstruing "misprint" with "factory defect".

Well, a misprint is a piece that is printed out incorrectly... so it is indeed a misprint. 

A misprint is more than that. It's a widely applied production error (IE colours that are not supposed to be available, improper assembly, etc) to an entire lot [or lots] of items.

And I think it's generally assumed that when we speak of misprints, we imply a sort of intrinsic "collectors" factor.

This piece seems more like "end of the paint can" type of defect. An outlier even within it's own batch. And I may be projecting my own opinions here, but I do not see a lot of "collector value" in this one piece, I'm afraid.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I think we may be misconstruing "misprint" with "factory defect".

Well, a misprint is a piece that is printed out incorrectly... so it is indeed a misprint. 

A misprint is more than that. It's a widely applied production error (IE colours that are not supposed to be available, improper assembly, etc) to an entire lot [or lots] of items.

And I think it's generally assumed that when we speak of misprints, we imply a sort of intrinsic "collectors" factor.

This piece seems more like "end of the paint can" type of defect. An outlier even within it's own batch. And I may be projecting my own opinions here, but I do not see a lot of "collector value" in this one piece, I'm afraid.

I agree with that. I don't consider it as one of the "rare-must-get-misprint-mask" parts. :D