Bootleg Glatorian Reviews

bioniclepluslotr

Do you have bootlegs for Stronius and the forest tribe Glatorian? Started with a V, I can't remember his name.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Just thought I'd note, Gelu's helmet looks to be made of toothpaste. Also, where do you get these bootlegs from? I really want some. There was a bootleg I saw on youtube, which was Vahki Keerakh, looked normal, except it was twice it's normal size. REALLY want one now :(

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

Just thought I'd note, Gelu's helmet looks to be made of toothpaste. Also, where do you get these bootlegs from? I really want some. There was a bootleg I saw on youtube, which was Vahki Keerakh, looked normal, except it was twice it's normal size. REALLY want one now :(

I think that they are sold in small dollar stores or flea markets.

I used to buy them on Aliexpress, which is a super sketchy Chinese-eBay type site and it takes about a month to get it. But I ended up finding a seller on eBay who is selling them for $10 with free shipping. All are from China. Just search "Biochemical soldier." If you want to find HF bootlegs from the same brand, I think they're called "Deformed soldier"

By the way, before I continue, can anyone tell which of these are bootlegs and which are real? The ones I reviewed are not necessarily the ones pictured.

image_zps00518d52.jpg

I used to buy them on Aliexpress, which is a super sketchy Chinese-eBay type site and it takes about a month to get it. But I ended up finding a seller on eBay who is selling them for $10 with free shipping. All are from China. Just search "Biochemical soldier." If you want to find HF bootlegs from the same brand, I think they're called "Deformed soldier"

By the way, before I continue, can anyone tell which of these are bootlegs and which are real? The ones I reviewed are not necessarily the ones pictured.

image_zps00518d52.jpg

Ackar's sword looks like it's too red, and I think Kiina's colors are off?

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

image_zps00518d52.jpg

All I can tell is that Mata Nui and Ackar are bootlegs. Kiina's helmet looks normal to me.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Mata Nui and Ackar (Malum) are clearly bootlegs, but Kiina and Gelu are definitely not (unless you swapped out the bootleg helmets/weapons). I think Stronius and Vastus are legitimate as well.

Thanks for reviewing these and posting photos, it's interesting to learn about them. The bootleg pieces themselves seem to be respectable quality with some obvious differences from the actual sets (most or all of the dots and holes are more rounded than the LEGO parts), however the packaging is just comical.

>malum

i don't think that's malum guys

eh?

In case you actually don't realize it, the Bionicle that "Malum" is based on is named "Ackar." In the official sets, "Malum" is a different Glatorian from the winter wave of sets.

IetTsFQ.png

In case you actually don't realize it, the Bionicle that "Malum" is based on is named "Ackar." In the official sets, "Malum" is a different Glatorian from the winter wave of sets.

no its malum

Malum.

Ackar.

• Upvote 3

Could you perhaps provide a link to the vid? I love oversized knockoffs of anything, and oversized bionicles sounds just plain awesome.

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

Could you perhaps provide a link to the vid? I love oversized knockoffs of anything, and oversized bionicles sounds just plain awesome.

I'll have a poke about, see if I can find it again.

EDIT: Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quky_kIF7HA

Edited by UngluedBike
  • Upvote 1

hTeXGIU.png

Did he finish it?

no its malum

Malum.

Ackar.

-snip-

Well, first of all, both Ackar and Malum are male. Also, I know for a fact that Ackar had the fire sword and Malum had claws. I can look for their canisters and send you pictures if you want. Nevermind, they're both buried under a bunch of boxes.

Edited by Arzaki

no its malum

Malum.

Ackar.

-snip-

Well, first of all, both Ackar and Malum are male. Also, I know for a fact that Ackar had the fire sword and Malum had claws. I can look for their canisters and send you pictures if you want.

Just look them up on google?

hTeXGIU.png

I used this fancy thing called the Wayback Machine, which is a website archiver. I used it to go back to Lego.com in 2009.

Ackar's product page and Malum's product page.

I feel happy hearing those poor quality sounds again. Good memories of a great site. Not just the Glatorian edition.

hTeXGIU.png

It appears that Mata Nui is actually a sailor, given that he has the "Mast of Life." Little did we know...

Sailor Senshi Mata Nui, aka Sailor Aqua hehe

Nice review though, looks like a legitimate set on first glance (the set itself, not the box hehe).

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

It doesn't look oversized. The pieces look the same.

I'm fairly sure Mata Nui is Sailor Moon.

Hehe, I was going after the planet naming theme: Mata Nui comes from Aqua Magna, henceforth Sailor Aqua :3

Additionally, those looking for the sets should try aliexpress, just search Star Soldiers and they are all over there. Hope this helps!

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

That gigantic Keerahk is very interesting, too bad I can't see it assembled. I guess it's not that hard to picture what it looks like though...

Are you guys sure it's bigger? It looks normal sized to me.

I think the pieces are a little bit bigger than the ones in the real set.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That gigantic Keerahk is very interesting, too bad I can't see it assembled. I guess it's not that hard to picture what it looks like though...

I certainly think that it is bigger (at least 2X the size of the regular one). If you look closely when he holds the disk in his finger, it is very obvious to me that it is inflated. Maybe he has tiny hands, but I'm holding a Kanoka disk now and it is really small by comparison. It is also named "OVERLORD," which supports the idea that it is over-sized.

Edited by Dark Blue

IetTsFQ.png

I certainly think that it is bigger (at least 2X the size of the regular one). If you look closely when he holds the disk in his finger, it is very obvious to me that it is inflated. Maybe he has tiny hands, but I'm holding a Kanoka disk now and it is really small by comparison. It is also named "OVERLORD," which supports the idea that it is over-sized.

Well the guy does sound like a very young kid.

• 4 weeks later...

That kanoka does look stretched a bit like it wasnt "bootlegged"(mismolded) improperly

Edit: Just noticed that this topic had 1 day left of the 31 day month limit before the topic would eligible for the "closed because of revival, don't post in topics over 1 month old" rule

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

That kanoka does look stretched a bit like it wasnt "bootlegged"(mismolded) improperly

Someone really should try to dig up that giant Vahki. What if they have a entire line of oversized Bionicles?

cringe