Favorite Year in Gen 1

Toa Alvarno

2008. It had the serious tone of the Ignition series, being a part of it, and it also had the Toa Nuva, who even though I never got to grow up with, I liked better than the other Toa teams I had heard of at the time. Plus it had the whole "final battle with the Brotherhood" setup, and the huge reveal.

Set wise it was pretty good too, especially in the titans and vehicles department.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

2007. It was the year I started following Bionicle (newb), as well as being the year with the most story importance, save '08. 

Also the Gadunka set was pretty neat to build. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

2001 for its nostalgic value and I just simply loved the old sets. I loved the fact you could buy toa, turaga and matoran and the varieties of masks and the rahi were top notch and actually did something for themselves

2001 for its nostalgic value and I just simply loved the old sets. I loved the fact you could buy toa, turaga and matoran and the varieties of masks and the rahi were top notch and actually did something for themselves

• Upvote 1

Either 2006 or 2008. 2006 because it had some great villains in the Piraka, introduced some of my favorite characters to the storyline (Axonn and Brutaka), and had some great stories in its book. 2008 because it had some of the best web serials (FoF, DM, and MC), plus the Toa Nuva returned to the storyline, which was great storywise. Set wise could be arguable though. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

For sets, I'm actually going to have to say 2015. I am REALLY digging the new sets, from what I've seen. 

This is so hard, because 2006 had an epic theme, 2007 had really unique sets, and 2008 had so much storyline buildup. If I had to pick, it would be 2006 though. The Inika, at that time, were amazing.