Worst year of Bionicle

MrStoneEdge

2004-2005. Really awkward, clumsy figures, and the plot confused the story line.

Not as bad as 2015. It will only ensure Bionicle dies again and stays dead this time.

Wow. That's a strong statement.

2005 was garbage, it never seemed like the ending actually happened, because they never went over it in the comics. I'm glad they started anew in 2006, with all the firepower that the Inika and Piraka gave, the strongholds, the sets, the lego versions, the light up swords and eyes...and the game(which had solid gameplay but I wish the characters actually talked and made a story out of it...like Maze of Shadows).

heropose.png

Credit to Smooth! for HeroPose banner!

This member is all-out awesome! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showuser=*

Check out my epic! http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?sho...p;#entry6617237

2004-2005. Really awkward, clumsy figures, and the plot confused the story line.

Not as bad as 2015. It will only ensure Bionicle dies again and stays dead this time.

Keep dreaming... <_<

I'm nearly glad they bought it back, but this was pretty much the worst way they could have done it. One of the more likely ways they could have done it, but terrible. They've dumbed down all the mystique by taking out the terms such as Kanohi and Toa, built it all on Hero Factory, and lots of minor issues; the gold masks come with every set, the bad guys are out already, instead of the buildup of events that started with the Rahi in the original releases. I don't consider myself hard to please, I didn't even dislike the Glatorians, but these new sets are awful, you can't deny it.

• Upvote 1

Keep dreaming... <_<

I'm nearly glad they bought it back, but this was pretty much the worst way they could have done it. One of the more likely ways they could have done it, but terrible. They've dumbed down all the mystique by taking out the terms such as Kanohi and Toa, built it all on Hero Factory, and lots of minor issues; the gold masks come with every set, the bad guys are out already, instead of the buildup of events that started with the Rahi in the original releases. I don't consider myself hard to please, I didn't even dislike the Glatorians, but these new sets are awful, you can't deny it.

Actually, it's really easy to deny. They're still using the word Toa while not using the word Kanohi, which was redundant in many of its past uses (Kanohi Mask? You might as well just say mask, because that's what Kanohi means). They built it all with the improved Character and Creature Building System from Hero Factory, with a bunch of new and useful parts for adding detail and functionality. The gold masks come with every set, so that you don't have to spend a bunch on blind-packaged mask packs on the off chance that you MIGHT get the mask that goes with the Toa you own. The bad guys are out already, meaning you don't have to go months without any enemies for your Toa to face off against in play scenarios. See? The things you see as flaws aren't necessarily that way for everyone.

• Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Exactly. I think this guy is complaining just for attention. The new sets look amazing (Gali comes to mind) and the new storyline looks promising. It might not be as dark as it was in the later years of the first series but that's okay.

Just be happy they decided to bring it back at all. I hate it when the owners of a beloved series decide to try and please the fans by bringing their series back (using the original heroes instead of completely new ones to ensure even more fans were happy) and someone tries to pick it apart and find fault with it just because it isn't the same.

First of all, of course it isn't going to be the same! IT'S A REBOOT. Secondly, be grateful they chose Bionicle instead of some other theme. They could have easily made some other generic hero story and we would have nothing.

Finally, stop whining. I can smell the cheese from here. You're entitled to your opinion, but do not pass it off as fact.

• Upvote 4

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

2005 was garbage, it never seemed like the ending actually happened, because they never went over it in the comics.

they did the same thing with 2003 and 2004 and 2009, you know.

And don't forget 2001! Last thing we saw in the comics there was the Toa saying "yeah! We're totally gonna beat that Makuta creep!" (I might be paraphrasing a bit) but it was only the MNOG that showed it happen.

• Upvote 2

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Tough question. For me, it's got to be between 2005 and 2010.

The 2005 story, like said before, was dark, and didn't have much positive to it. The titans were good though, and the Visorak design was something we hadn't seen before. The 2005 story did end well though. Time Trap was one of my favorite BIONICLE books to read.

While 2010 was rushed, it seemed like the BIONICLE team was doing all they could to make the final year memorable for fans. Mata Nui Saga on BIONICLE.com had those amazing works of art.

• Upvote 2

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

2005 was garbage, it never seemed like the ending actually happened, because they never went over it in the comics.

And don't forget 2001! Last thing we saw in the comics there was the Toa saying "yeah! We're totally gonna beat that Makuta creep!" (I might be paraphrasing a bit) but it was only the MNOG that showed it happen.

ah yeah, you're right. how could i have forgotten that? granted, Tale of the Toa did tell the full ending, but it didn't come out until 2003, so i guess that doesn't really count.

2010, but mainly because I was losing interest anyway and the story was so rushed and complicated that it got difficult keeping track of who everyone is and what they're doing and why they're doing what they're doing. The sets just seemed clumsy (I'm looking at you, giant yellow Mata Nui set) and like I said, it was a few years worth of stories crammed into one and that just turned me off.

ah yeah, you're right. how could i have forgotten that? granted, Tale of the Toa did tell the full ending, but it didn't come out until 2003, so i guess that doesn't really count.

Not entirely. Tale of the Toa ended after the (non-canon version) of the fight against the shadow Toa. The Makuta fight was left out entirely there, too.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Not entirely. Tale of the Toa ended after the (non-canon version) of the fight against the shadow Toa. The Makuta fight was left out entirely there, too.

hm, that's true. i thought the ending had just been retconned for the book, but i guess it's recognized as a combination of Tale of the Toa and MNOG now.

anyway, we're getting off topic here, so i think that's enough of that.

Edited by Arc

Wow, so much 2005 hate. That makes me sad.

Anyways, the worst year for me was 2007. The story felt rushed and we didn't even had the chance to explore the location we were presented at the time: Mahri Nui. Not to mention the high level of unnecessary edginess and depression that came with it. Everything so dark and depressing, I really didn't like it. Sets were pretty boring too, with the barraki being a bunch of old pieces sticked together with hardly something new, and the Toa Mahri sets disappointed me too.

actually, to be honest, everything that came after 2006 was pretty mediocre and lazy.

• Upvote 1

Gosh, I can't really think of any year that I absolutely hated. The worst year was the Stars "year", but I don't really count that as the Stars were only there to fill a slot and had almost no bearing on the story.

2005 had the Hordika which got rid of gear functions and lacked masks. However, even those weren't awful, just a huge step down. Also the Visorak and Titans were pretty sweet.

The summer of 2010 had the blandest toa of all, but the winter had some pretty sweet toa, and the villains were good all throughout.

So for me it's a tie between 2005 and 2010.

That makes me sad.the barraki being a bunch of old pieces sticked together with hardly something new.

You are entitled to enjoy to your tastes, but not to objectively inaccurate statements. The Barracki were not "a bunch of old pieces sticked together" They were some of the most unique Bionicle villains. Each villain line before that were pretty much variations on a template for the year. Each Barraki had lots of unique pieces and were very uniquely designed, more so than any Toa line. You don't have to like them, but please don't make claims like that.

Edited by Seaborgium
  • Upvote 3

MnRA5kV.png

Gosh, I can't really think of any year that I absolutely hated. The worst year was the Stars "year", but I don't really count that as the Stars were only there to fill a slot and had almost no bearing on the story.

2005 had the Hordika which got rid of gear functions and lacked masks. However, even those weren't awful, just a huge step down. Also the Visorak and Titans were pretty sweet.

The summer of 2010 had the blandest toa of all, but the winter had some pretty sweet toa, and the villains were good all throughout.

That makes me sad.the barraki being a bunch of old pieces sticked together with hardly something new.

You are entitled to enjoy to your tastes, but not to objectively inaccurate statements. The Barracki were not "a bunch of old pieces sticked together" They were some of the most unique Bionicle villains. Each villain line before that were pretty much variations on a template for the year. Each Barraki had lots of unique pieces and were very uniquely designed, more so than any Toa line. You don't have to like them, but please don't make claims like that.

They were unique indeed, but they used a lot of old pieces and that annoyed me. Ehlek for example used Vahki lower torsos, vahki legs, and Zaktan foot. Takadox used Piraka legs, foot, etc etc. I'm not saying they're bad, it's just the fact that they used so many old pieces that they kinda look boring to me.

They were unique indeed, but they used a lot of old pieces and that annoyed me. Ehlek for example used Vahki lower torsos, vahki legs, and Zaktan foot. Takadox used Piraka legs, foot, etc etc. I'm not saying they're bad, it's just the fact that they used so many old pieces that they kinda look boring to me.

How many new pieces did they actually introduce after 2006? The most I've seen is the 2008 Matoran and that was just lazy single piece bodies and limbs. The Barraki have been my favorite line since 2007 and they are the only figures still on display in my room when all the others have been moved to storage over time. It's not about new pieces, it's about new ways to use the pieces.

Also, if you don't like old pieces, how do you feel about CCBS?

Edited by bioniclepluslotr
  • Upvote 3

How many new pieces did they actually introduce after 2006? The most I've seen is the 2008 Matoran and that was just lazy single piece bodies and limbs. The Barraki have been my favorite line since 2007 and they are the only figures still on display in my room when all the others have been moved to storage over time. It's not about new pieces, it's about new ways to use the pieces.

Also, if you don't like old pieces, how do you feel about CCBS?

I can only think of Av-Matoran build and the Makuta torso. Nah, I think that's an excuse for laziness.

The only thing I want with CCBS are new shells and new foot. Those plain shells are getting pretty boring, but I'm glad we can attach other pieces to it tho.

I'm here to defend 2005 for one critical reason: it made Vakama's secrecy about Metru Nui make perfect sense. The main reasons usually given for lying to the Matoran are that he didn't want them trying to return, where Makuta might have captured them, and that he didn't want to remind them of a utopian home they might have never seen again. Both of these require flawed logic:

1) If Vakama wanted them to stay away from Metru Nui because it was dangerous, telling them why it was dangerous would have been the best way. Assuming that a Matoran could conceivable make the journey, not telling them about Metru Nui made it more likely for a curious Matoran to stumble upon it by mistake, unaware of the danger.

2) Telling them about Metru Nui would have made them feel sad about possibly never returning, but Vakama did tell them Mata Nui was struck down and might never reawaken.

No, Vakama was so hesitant because he personally fought against his five teammates to keep them imprisoned in spheres forever, possibly contributing to their size reduction when they finally were freed. Under those circumstances, I'd have lied, too. If we only had the 2004 story, the epic tale of the novice Toa Metru triumphing over Makuta, telling the Matoran about it would have only strengthened their morale. But the Great Rescue made it something Vakama was shameful about.

• Upvote 4

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm here to defend 2005 for one critical reason: it made Vakama's secrecy about Metru Nui make perfect sense. The main reasons usually given for lying to the Matoran are that he didn't want them trying to return, where Makuta might have captured them, and that he didn't want to remind them of a utopian home they might have never seen again. Both of these require flawed logic:

1) If Vakama wanted them to stay away from Metru Nui because it was dangerous, telling them why it was dangerous would have been the best way. Assuming that a Matoran could conceivable make the journey, not telling them about Metru Nui made it more likely for a curious Matoran to stumble upon it by mistake, unaware of the danger.

2) Telling them about Metru Nui would have made them feel sad about possibly never returning, but Vakama did tell them Mata Nui was struck down and might never reawaken.

No, Vakama was so hesitant because he personally fought against his five teammates to keep them imprisoned in spheres forever, possibly contributing to their size reduction when they finally were freed. Under those circumstances, I'd have lied, too. If we only had the 2004 story, the epic tale of the novice Toa Metru triumphing over Makuta, telling the Matoran about it would have only strengthened their morale. But the Great Rescue made it something Vakama was shameful about.

Couldn't he have just... told them about Metru Nui but left out the hordika bit?

Anyway I would say 2003 but the second half was really good so it kind of balances out.

Edited by Tangaroa
  • Upvote 1

It's a little weird that the fact that sets after 2006 used so many old parts bothers you so much, considering that reusing old parts is a staple of Bionicle. The Nuva were pretty much just the Mata, but with different limbs, armor and gear. Most pieces were the same, really. The Bohrok-Kal were obviously just clones of the Bohrok. The Vahki were almost entirely made up of parts from previous waves, only introducing about 4 new parts in their builds (aside from weapons), most of them uselessly specialized. The Hordika and Visorak also recycled a good amount of limb pieces.

What the Barraki did by using old parts wasn't anything particularly new, but the variety of old pieces and the way they were used made them some of the most memorable sets of Bionicles' entire run.

• Upvote 7

AXKP5KC.png

I really did not like the movies from 2005 and 2009, but all of the non-movie media was good for those years, so I still enjoy them.

I guess the year I liked least is 2010. The story felt rushed, and trying to fit the toyline into it was just akward. At least it was a conclusion though. Lego used to have a problem (and judging by Hero Factory, still do) of cancelling their story themes without bothering writing an ending. I think if it had been better paced, then I would have liked it a lot more.

As far as just the sets go, I'd say 2007. The sets themselves were not badly designed, but the quality of the plastic that year is just disgusting. I can barely play with any of those sets without some brittle piece breaking into several sharp splinters. I mean, I have a complete set collection, and sets from every year have had a piece break every now and again, but the 2007 ones are the only pieces to actually shatter and splinter.

Edited by J46 Nui

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

It's a little weird that the fact that sets after 2006 used so many old parts bothers you so much, considering that reusing old parts is a staple of Bionicle. The Nuva were pretty much just the Mata, but with different limbs, armor and gear. Most pieces were the same, really. The Bohrok-Kal were obviously just clones of the Bohrok. The Vahki were almost entirely made up of parts from previous waves, only introducing about 4 new parts in their builds (aside from weapons), most of them uselessly specialized. The Hordika and Visorak also recycled a good amount of limb pieces.

There is a big difference in reusing the same build once(Toa Nuva, Bohrok-Kal) and using the same build for 4 consecutive years(Inika build). But yeah, Visorak and Vahki could be argued.

• Upvote 1

There is a big difference in reusing the same build once(Toa Nuva, Bohrok-Kal) and using the same build for 4 consecutive years(Inika build). But yeah, Visorak and Vahki could be argued.

Ok, but when it comes to the Barraki, only half used the Inika/Piraka build, and even then somewhat differently. We were talking Barraki.

AXKP5KC.png

Where does it say that Vakama fought to keep the Matoran in the spheres? I'm not arguing with you, I have just never heard of this before.

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

Where does it say that Vakama fought to keep the Matoran in the spheres? I'm not arguing with you, I have just never heard of this before.

The part where he defected to Roodaka's side, I'm assuming, is what Master Inika is referring to. That actually makes sense now, too, although he wouldn't necessarily have to tell them about everything that happened during the Visorak invasion when telling them about Metru Nui.

• Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

2010. We got six underwhelming sets of random characters (Okay, I suppose Tahu and Takanuva were kind of iconic, but still) and the last year was just shoehorning in said random characters (Tahu randomly becomes a Mata! Hordes of Heat Vision Rahkshi for no particular reason! And Nektann coming out of absolutely nowhere!) and trying to wrap up everything in half the time. Also that golden armor gimmick had some cool pieces but it was clearly just to make you buy one of each set (And two Skrall if you actually wanted to MOC).

aouROFb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'd definitely say 2009, mostly because it felt quite alienating.  I mean, are the Agori/Glatorians supposed to be linked to the Matoran/Toa?  I just felt that kind of complicated things, what with 2 predominant races, the largest of which hardly has any info surrounding them (Agori).  Mata Nui was thankfully a blast from the past, but even his inclusion felt new and odd.  And 2010 was definitely a bit confusing, what with the rushed attempt to finish off the storyline, especially with the golden armor and such.  That whole era of BIONICLE felt sorta alienating for a lot of folk, it seems.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

2005. I have a hard time seeing any sort of major impact on the story it had. As far as I can tell, Sidorak could have never existed. 2010 had awful sets, but I feel like the ending it got was alright.I think it was as an acceptable closure in my opinion, if a bit rushed. If there was a fuller expounding upon what happened in the big final battle, it would have been a better ending. 2009 was kind of the same way, set wise and story wise. 2005 is the worst to me because of poor sets, jarring mood, and a story that seems to have little impact on the series as a whole.

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

2005. I didn't read the books that year, so my main source of story came in the comics and movie. However, there were a lot of unnecessary plot holes in the comics, and the movie was lackluster in comparison to the others. 

Starting with the comics, only two Toa and two Rahaga were in that cave-in at the end of the third comic, but at the start of the fourth, two more Toa and two more Rahaga are randomly placed in the same cave-in, not even having been in it nor being seen in it before. 

Overall, the story in 2005 was too sporadic and confusing, and it was only 2005.

Recently having reread the 2005 saga, I have to agree. This period of time was the darkest the Toa Metru had to go through, with Vakama's betrayal and the revelation that Makuta had influenced the fate of their destinies. 

I think though, 2005 didn't have enough content to constitute one whole year of Bionicle. It didn't help that all waves were released simultaneously as well, meaning there was no anticipation to see what the next wave looked like. 

Couldn't he have just... told them about Metru Nui but left out the hordika bit?

Anyway I would say 2003 but the second half was really good so it kind of balances out.

He was going to... Vakama was going to finish with "Maze of Shadows" but Tahu was not convinced that the whole story was told. Even the other Turaga were against him telling the tales of the Great Rescue. 

Vakama always meant to save the Matoran, even after his defection. However, his Hordika-side spread so fast that he almost forgot about his goals in the first place. Anyone would be embarrassed about that. 

2010. We got six underwhelming sets of random characters (Okay, I suppose Tahu and Takanuva were kind of iconic, but still) and the last year was just shoehorning in said random characters (Tahu randomly becomes a Mata! Hordes of Heat Vision Rahkshi for no particular reason! And Nektann coming out of absolutely nowhere!) and trying to wrap up everything in half the time. Also that golden armor gimmick had some cool pieces but it was clearly just to make you buy one of each set (And two Skrall if you actually wanted to MOC).

I think that's a little unfair. The story team had to do the best with what they had. Unfortunately, the set designers decided to end with a "best-of" ensemble line, and they had to work around it. Design-wise, it isn't so "random". Nektann was meant to represent the Piraka, Vezok being the posterboy. Yellow is a more popular colour than brown, thus Heat-Vision Rahkshi (plus, they are Makuta's sons... It's not "out of nowhere"). Also, I think there was a discussion of some degree with the story team, which is why Gresh and Skrall are both in the final wave.

Yes, you can hate on 2010 all you want but I will defend it to the death because I think that despite the sudden ending, the story team made the best they could out of it.

2005. I didn't read the books that year, so my main source of story came in the comics and movie. However, there were a lot of unnecessary plot holes in the comics, and the movie was lackluster in comparison to the others. 

Starting with the comics, only two Toa and two Rahaga were in that cave-in at the end of the third comic, but at the start of the fourth, two more Toa and two more Rahaga are randomly placed in the same cave-in, not even having been in it nor being seen in it before. 

Overall, the story in 2005 was too sporadic and confusing, and it was only 2005.

I think there was some confusion on your part. Vakama and Onewa were helping Nuju and Whenua out of the rubble. They didn't just appear out of nowhere (this is revealed in the dialogue and the synopsis, don't know how you missed that).

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

2007. It was an okay year, but when I look back on it, it was a little bland and boring. The only remotely exciting thing was dying Mata Nui, but we all knew he'd be brought back to life somehow.

I gotta give the writers props, though. I did not expect them to kill off Matoro.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

This is hard...

(Previous years definitely won't get this form me for reasons found all through mine & others history, although of pre-2006 the worst thing was the Bohrok-Kal)

2006: meh for Matoran; the Piraka had made another silly launcher & ugly skulls; the Toa Inika had ugly masks made of flesh — which the plot didn't require; Axonn was awesome; Brutaka wasn't the best; Vezon sadly filled the '7th gap'. Fenrakk needed a better body & head; the Kardas Dragon was fantastic & a nice answer to Tahtorak

2007: the Barraki — great ideas & variation but far to skinny/spindly (except Nocturn [if you count him) who was awesome); Matoran were meh again; the Hydruka were great; the Toa Mahri were + & -, about the same; Lesovikk would've been better off without the Sea Sled, & with a different weapon/hand connection; Karzahni was great (could have had a better face though)

2008: the Matoran would have been good if not for the horrible body piece; all eight Toa were horrible; some of the Makuta were really cool, others were very awkward; the vehicles were probably the best thing this year, but personally not my thing (but I think they were good)

2009: was horrible (aesthetically & piece-usability wise) especially Mata Nui, although his Titan version at least would be a good gold mine for all you chrysophiliacs (that settle for that shade anyway); 'notable' exceptions were Zesk & Vorox although the former used that piece, & the latter was somehow crowded, so yeah...

2010: Such pain, although this is disqualified for various reasons.

So after having a look at this, I think '09 was my worst year; worse than '08 because '08 still had a nice look to some or parts of the characters even if the Toa were wrecked; the Matoran & Makuta lacked consistency(/direction?) — but I prefer variation over a consistent style, I think this was just a poorly executed good idea; which I think in this case is better than a well executed bad one. but still had some good ones, '09 just had ...Zesk? Mata-Nui because plot prevents everyone actually looking at him? I really struggle to see anything great in them? Help please?

2009 just... I think it suffered from 2008 the same way that 2006 did from 2005; people have seen something different & probably want to return to something similar but different; this came across like a soft reboot ... that for various reasons didn't work out like 2006.

(If you don't get what I mean I'm referring to that after '05 it would have made sense to have 1 more Toa Mata/Nuva/(?) journey: [{P1 -> P2} -> Episode1 -> Episode2 -> Episode3 -> {Prequel1-> Prequel2} -> Episode4] -> New Toa group [that were already introduced as Matoran] etc. That way people don't feel left hanging for 2 years but they can still be relevant - I mean really; after finally getting Takanuva he singles Makuta, & then he & his team are just ...finished; it's really strange ... it wasn't the wrong route [they took] though....)

I think though, 2005 didn't have enough content to constitute one whole year of Bionicle. It didn't help that all waves were released simultaneously as well, meaning there was no anticipation to see what the next wave looked like. 

Are you sure?

Brickipedia seems to think that the Rahaga & Hordika came out in 'Winter', with the Visorak & Titans coming out in 'Summer', although in addition to this Wikipedia says "In Europe, the Visorak were released in Winter 2005 instead of the Toa Hordika.", as well as "In Europe, the Toa Hordika were released in Summer 2005 instead of the Visorak." & finally "Norik and Iruini in Toa Hagah form were released in Europe in Winter 2005.", so unless your importing or located somewhere that takes different shipments...? (Or the wikis' could be wrong?)

(EDIT: I see how this ruins the surprise for those online, ...and those that heard from those people.

Does anyone know why TLG did this? If this was a smaller line I could almost suspect that they intended both 'waves' to be wave 1, and different things would be wave 2, but surely that's simply too many sets for just 1 wave, so... Any ideas?)

Edited by Iblis616

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Are you sure?

Brickipedia seems to think that the Rahaga & Hordika came out in 'Winter', with the Visorak & Titans coming out in 'Summer', although in addition to this Wikipedia says "In Europe, the Visorak were released in Winter 2005 instead of the Toa Hordika.", as well as "In Europe, the Toa Hordika were released in Summer 2005 instead of the Visorak." & finally "Norik and Iruini in Toa Hagah form were released in Europe in Winter 2005.", so unless your importing or located somewhere that takes different shipments...? (Or the wikis' could be wrong?)

Indeed, they did not come out all at the same time in the same region but the fact still remains that all the sets were unveiled from the start of the year. So that gave little-to-no excitement about what was coming up later in the year, cause we had seen it all. (minus combiners like Voporak and TSO).

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

2010 is obvious, so I'll go for my second choice, 2007. None of the character designs appealed to me, it felt like the Inika designs that I absolutely loved at the time were being crapped all over (especially Hewkii - that face D:)

But.... But what about Jaller and Lesovikk?

I'm gonna have to agree with jakest123. Jaller and Hahli were loads better than their Inika counterparts, but I preferred Kongu and Hewkii Inika over the Mahri. Hewkii just looked way cooler, and while I like Kongu Mahri's Kanohi Zatth better than the Suletu, the bulkiness and nasty colour scheme did nothing for me. Finally, Nuparu and Matoro were a mixed bag. Both versions looked great but design-wise, some the choices for the Mahri were questionable (Nuparu's limbs, Matoro's asymmetrical design). Overall I liked the Inika better.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg