toajomo

I would suspect that if they do go down that route it would be some combination of needing large amounts of power(ala the nova blast) with a recharge time of several days/weeks, the need for total synchronization(ie if one member of the fusion is not of like mind during the fusion, it will fail) and possibly require either some artifact or being at a location of power(think something along the lines of Ley Lines)

• Upvote 2

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

I don't know, maybe not but it would be nice to see the Toa Kaita...    wait sorry I mean Kaita Masters, to be the combiners instead of the Toa and Protector combiners.

Why does there have to be an "instead of"? There's never been any rule that a set can only be used for one combi model. The ability to attach the Protectors' gear to the Toa is advertised on the packages, but that doesn't mean there won't be any other official combi models using those same sets.
  • Upvote 2

I took a look at the Toa and Protector combiners and all I could see from that is not a combiner but changing Tahu left shoulder armor with a minigun and give him a new weapon...           so in a nutshell with that it's like with the Evo XL Machine combiner but with the Evo XL it was just adding arms.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I took a look at the Toa and Protector combiners and all I could see from that is not a combiner but changing Tahu left shoulder armor with a minigun and give him a new weapon...           so in a nutshell with that it's like with the Evo XL Machine combiner but with the Evo XL it was just adding arms.

Yes, they demonstrated that very thing at the NYCC panel, with Tahu and the Protector of Fire.

I still don't see how that rules out instructions for more complex combi models (possibly including Akamai or Wairuha) being shared through the Lego Magazine or Bionicle website.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yes, they demonstrated that very thing at the NYCC panel, with Tahu and the Protector of Fire.

I still don't see how that rules out instructions for more complex combi models (possibly including Akamai or Wairuha) being shared through the Lego Magazine or Bionicle website.

Yes, that's the way most combiners were treated from 2006 onwards, so that's definitely a possibility...

...Wait, whatever happened to Brickmaster magazine? I remember they used to have exclusive instructions.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

I remember the lego magazine would always try and con you into buying Brickmaster. I also remember the months where they had this big thing selling Brickmaster issues and sets because it was being cancelled and I was like "finally. Now I won't have this cluttering up my Lego stuff".

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!

I remember the lego magazine would always try and con you into buying Brickmaster. I also remember the months where they had this big thing selling Brickmaster issues and sets because it was being cancelled and I was like "finally. Now I won't have this cluttering up my Lego stuff".

"Con" you into buying? Where I come from that's called "advertising". By charging a little extra for those who could afford it, those people got LOADS more content, including small "sample" sets that could give fans a taste of themes they might not otherwise collect, as well as extra features, interviews, and other great material. The Lego magazine just hasn't been the same since Brickmaster ended.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

"Con" you into buying? Where I come from that's called "advertising". By charging a little extra for those who could afford it, those people got LOADS more content, including small "sample" sets that could give fans a taste of themes they might not otherwise collect, as well as extra features, interviews, and other great material. The Lego magazine just hasn't been the same since Brickmaster ended.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:3

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Credit to Click for the awesome Bionicle 2015 spinnie!