Characters you'd like to see make a return?

Ok so we know that the original Toa are making a return next year, but I was wondering what other characters in set form from gen 1 would you like to see make a return in 2015 and beyond?

For me it would have to be Takanuva, he was such an integral part of the first 9 years and he would be awesome to see in set form again

• Upvote 2

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I don't really think LEGO should bring in too many old characters. Small references in the story, sure, but this is a new universe and I think we shouldn't cling on too hard to things that have come and gone.

Personally, I'd really like to see more elements rather than always only having the six classic elements as sets. Stuff like Lightning, Plasma, Sonic, etc.

• Upvote 1

*INSERT WITTY COMMENT HERE* chimoru2015spinnie.gif

(Credit to Click for the Bionicle 2015 spinnie!)

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'd like to see the Inika re-released in the new line, but that's more of a curious "what if?" in my head than me seriously wanting them to appear... honestly, the only character I really want to see show up is Takanuva, since he was always alongside the Toa Nuva anyway. I feel like we could go without seeing most of the characters from Gen. 1 return.

Takanuva. As an honorary member of the Toa Nuva, I would like to see him return in the new story. 

As for other characters, I would love to see Axonn and Lesovikk return. But I know those kind of a long shot. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

There aren't really any specific characters I'd like to see back, especially considering I'd want the new story to focus on new characters. However, there are two character concepts I'd like to see revisited.

1. The Element Lords. The idea of antagonists made of pure elemental energy is a cool one, one that's shown up for both Bionicle and Throwbots, but only in art, never in actual sets. I'd think characters like that could make awesome antagonists for the new Toa, but they don't have to show up in the same role or under the same name.
  2. The Toa of Light. I think adding a seventh member to the main team would be a great way to freshen things up after a couple of years, but I don't want Takua or Takanuva back, since their story has been told and told relatively well. How about a new character as the Seventh Toa? Maybe even a female Toa of Light, since it doesn't look like any of the genders of the original Toa have changed and I'd rather add to their team than replace them outright just for diversity's sake.
Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 5

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Put me down for recycling some of the more memorable Matoran/Turaga as Protectors. But the characters I really, truly hope to see again, even though I know I won't, are the Piraka. They simply ooze personality, and their sarcastic quips and backstabbing antics made each of their scenes a joy to read. If the new story team could resurrect them with even a fraction of the personality they had in 2006, I would be swift to proclaim this reboot continuity even better than the original.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Takanuva, Jaller, Hahli and the rest of that crew. Toa or Matoran form idc.

Also Brutaka.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Tahu, Tahu, and Tahu. Oh, and Tahu is probably a good one here to. But if I had to pick one, it'll have to be Tahu. 

No seriously, Tahu, Lhikan, Vakama, Jaller. 

I think you forgot about Tahu :P

• Upvote 1

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I wasn't really into Gen 1, but I would LOVE to seemah boi Hewkii (and pals).

Also, I know this isn't Gen 1, but maybe the Av-Matoran like Tanma as Protectors and maybe revamped Makuta like Krika and Chirox (maybe being called 'Teridaxes'!)

Um what do you guys mean that these characters aren't Gen1? Isn't everything up to 2010 Gen1?

Yeah, see, that's why I don't like "Gen 1". I always thought that to mean everything on the island of Mata Nui (01-03) and that's what I'm stuck on, and I think that's what HHHHHNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH was referring to. It gets confusing. Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I wasn't really into Gen 1, but I would LOVE to seemah boi Hewkii (and pals).

Also, I know this isn't Gen 1, but maybe the Av-Matoran like Tanma as Protectors and maybe revamped Makuta like Krika and Chirox (maybe being called 'Teridaxes'!)

Um what do you guys mean that these characters aren't Gen1? Isn't everything up to 2010 Gen1?

Yeah, see, that's why I don't like "Gen 1". I always thought that to mean everything on the island of Mata Nui (01-03) and that's what I'm stuck on, and I think that's what HHHHHNNNNNGGGGGHHHHH was referring to. It gets confusing.

Gen 1 would refer to the first continuity and Gen 2 would probably be the 2015, unless there's like a subtitle to this series. That's how Transformers lays out its continuities at least. For the Mata Nui stuff, I'd just call it 2001-03 or "Mata Nui stuff".

• Upvote 1

Yeah, definitely Takua/Takanuva for me as well. He was a huge part of the first 3 years of Bionicle and a recurring/popular character. He was even one of the Stars, like seriously yo. I'd like to see a lot of characters back but would not really be disappointed if they didn't, but Takanuva is one I think that needs to return.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg