Bionicle TV Show

Toa Alvarno

I got a great idea for who should portray the characters, how about we get Nicki Minaj as Gali, the members of one direction as Tahu, Kopaka, Lewa, Onua and Pohatu, and how about Justin Bieber as Makuta. And as for writers, I recommend the writers of "foodfight!" and Oogieloves, it's the only way a good bionicle TV show could ever be created :sarcastic: .

I'm just going to pretend none of that was sarcastic.

Who wouldn't love foodoogicle.

It's time to move on.

No, we need the writers of Dog With a Blog

That hurt to type.

In all seriousness, I'd like a Bionicle TV show. Yes, it can be a total disaster, but it can also be really good like shows such as Ninjago, The Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb and Wander Over Yonder. I'd like it not to have too many episodes per season, though, to avoid a large amount of fillers.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea what that is.

It's a Disney Channel show about a talking dog. This dog also has a blog. As you can imagine, if Walt Disney were alive and saw this show on his company's TV channel, he'd just die all over again.

If the geniuses behind the Ninjago show had some sort of involvement with such a TV show, I wouldn't mind seeing BIONICLE on TV.

I'd love to see one, but I'd rather it looked like this than this.

The style they're going for in the web animations doesn't really appeal to me because it doesn't really reflect the beautiful environments they've presented in the CG art. If I could see that in action it'd be brilliant, even if there were as few episodes as Hero Factory had per year.

Edited by jakest123

I have no idea what that is.

It's a Disney Channel show about a talking dog. This dog also has a blog. As you can imagine, if Walt Disney were alive and saw this show on his company's TV channel, he'd just die all over again.

If the geniuses behind the Ninjago show had some sort of involvement with such a TV show, I wouldn't mind seeing BIONICLE on TV.

Well if it's a Disney channel production then it's pretty safe to assume it sucks.

I personally don't really like the ninjago show that much and would prefer a different writing staff or that the ninjago staff take a different approach to a bionicle show.

It's time to move on.

I'd love to see one, but I'd rather it looked like this than this.

The style they're going for in the web animations doesn't really appeal to me because it doesn't really reflect the beautiful environments they've presented in the CG art. If I could see that in action it'd be brilliant, even if there were as few episodes as Hero Factory had per year.

Just to be clear, have you actually seen the backgrounds and environments they're using for the web animatiosn? Because they're certainly not lacking in detail. It's stylized, but still extremely rich and elegant.

Examples:

Even these aren't the limit of the kinds of environments that can be captured while still keeping with this style. All things considered, the backgrounds are only slightly more stylized than the ones from the Mata Nui Online Game, which themselves were often every bit as breathtaking and cinematic as the backgrounds from the BIONICLE movies. And this is just what's being done for the webisodes! With a TV budget and production schedule, the beauty of the environments could probably be improved even further — there's no reason to assume that improving the current background designs would require abandoning the visual language entirely. Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

The show has continued into 2014, Season 3 is titled "Rebooted", comprised of 8 episodes, 3 bad episodes, an episode that's rather mediocre *BEFORE* its grand 8 minute long ending sequence (and believe me, as terrible and rushed and plot-hole-ish as the episode is, the ending is worth it). A major character came back from the dead, we saw ninjas in space, the writers got their own cameo and nearly insulted themselves with it, Kai became a reckless airhead (literally in one way) again, etc etc. Oh, and the serpentine got their glorious comeback with a massive retcon that was a slap in the face to anyone that actually liked the original plot. I kid you not, there were BETTER ways of doing what they did without decimating Season 1/2 (1 if you're in the US, 2 if you live elsewhere)'s overall plot. Oh, and Wrong Place Wrong Time was finally cleared up in the plot. Yet still no explanation for Skales remembering it.

Overall, Rebooted was great. It had massive plot holes and stupid retcons, the animation in the finale was rushed (good grief, WHY did the Overlord's tripod mech start BOUNCING instead of walking when it's first seen!? And WHY was Zane constantly changing poses in the fight sequence!?), it had a mediocre episode set in space that didn't really do anything for the plot at all and was a disgrace to the "villain wins" scenario especially after the brilliant and dramatic Episode 25 (although that one had some serious animation flaws).

I couldn't see a Bionicle show ever happening, And that's not just because the devs already said there are no plans for one. I just couldn't see it happening. Not to say I don't want  Bionicle show. In fact, if they could make it good, like on the lines of successful shows that have already been mentioned here, I would LOVE for Bionicle to have a TV series. But I just can't see it happening at this point.  :shrugs:

• Upvote 1

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

The show has continued into 2014, Season 3 is titled "Rebooted", comprised of 8 episodes, 3 bad episodes, an episode that's rather mediocre *BEFORE* its grand 8 minute long ending sequence (and believe me, as terrible and rushed and plot-hole-ish as the episode is, the ending is worth it). A major character came back from the dead, we saw ninjas in space, the writers got their own cameo and nearly insulted themselves with it, Kai became a reckless airhead (literally in one way) again, etc etc. Oh, and the serpentine got their glorious comeback with a massive retcon that was a slap in the face to anyone that actually liked the original plot. I kid you not, there were BETTER ways of doing what they did without decimating Season 1/2 (1 if you're in the US, 2 if you live elsewhere)'s overall plot. Oh, and Wrong Place Wrong Time was finally cleared up in the plot. Yet still no explanation for Skales remembering it.

Overall, Rebooted was great. It had massive plot holes and stupid retcons, the animation in the finale was rushed (good grief, WHY did the Overlord's tripod mech start BOUNCING instead of walking when it's first seen!? And WHY was Zane constantly changing poses in the fight sequence!?), it had a mediocre episode set in space that didn't really do anything for the plot at all and was a disgrace to the "villain wins" scenario especially after the brilliant and dramatic Episode 25 (although that one had some serious animation flaws).

Alright I'll give a second chance and look into rebooted sometime.

It's time to move on.

I've seen plenty of recent Ninjago episodes thanks to a little brother who loves them, but I don't get all the hype. The series is meh, and if I wanted a to watch tv I'd watch Legend of Korra or Sherlock.

Well, if you're hoping for sophistication on the level of LoK or Sherlock you're bound to be disappointed. Ninjago is a fun kids' adventure series, without pretensions of being a whole lot more than that. But I still find it has pretty good characterization, a beautiful soundtrack, and a good sense of humor.

I've seen plenty of recent Ninjago episodes thanks to a little brother who loves them, but I don't get all the hype. The series is meh, and if I wanted a to watch tv I'd watch Legend of Korra or Sherlock.

Well, yeah. If Legend of Korra and Sherlock are the standard you hold TV to then a LOT is going to disappoint you. Ninjago is not high art by any stretch, but it IS better than a merchandise-driven TV show necessarily has to be, and as a fan of the actual Ninjago sets that's all I could ask for. The Bionicle movies weren't that much better, but I enjoyed them because they were Bionicle, and the same applies with Ninjago.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Regardless of whether there is a TV Show (or it's quality as compared to X, Y, & Z) or not; I hope they don't have an Advertising Only Continuity - e.g. The Piraka looked like they where breaking out of prison - which never happened int eh main storyline, it's a small thing but I'd rather not have people misled by ads, although if there is a TV show I would image that would help to consolidate the storyline.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.