Who was your first Bionicle?

Dalek CAAN

Hordika Matau :D

I keep the Hordika team close to my heart.

Me too, I remember getting Nuju and Matau Hordika for my birthday then giving my older brother Matau cause that was his favorite. :3

Edited by Dalek CAAN
  • Upvote 1

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

Hordika Matau :D

I keep the Hordika team close to my heart.

Me too, I remember getting Nuju and Matau Hordika for my birthday then giving my older brother Matau cause that was his favorite. :3

Cool bro! I remember for me it was either get Hordika Matau or a Toa Metru Two Pack with Nuju and Matau. But I went with Hordika. 

I think it was Sidorak but Im not entirely sure because i got Hordika Vakama, Kualas and Roporak around the same time, thats why i like 05 so much because it was my first year of truly collecting the sets

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Turaga Nuju, followed in a few days by Turaga Vakama and Kopaka Mata. They were Christmas presents. I think the only sets I got were gifts for a number of months -- I believe the first set I purchased with my own money was the Boxor. I remember saving my money for a month to get that :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Gahlok! Saw it at a KB Toys at this biiiig big mall in Jersey, thought it was the nicest looking one and I thought it was the coolest, most unique thing I've seen come out of Lego. I was 6 or 7 at the time, I think, so it probably took at least half an hour for my uncle (who was only around 14 at the time, I think) to help me work out the instructions and put it all together while sitting outside several stores. Those pins and axles and ball joints were a completely new system to both of us, it was quite the adventure :P I ran around the mall head-snapping my Bohrok at everything, it was a lot of fun.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

McToran Matoro if you count the mctoran, otherwise i got all the toa and turaga for christmas 2001. First one I built was Lewa.

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Toa Mata Lewa or Tahu. Since my brother was the one to get Lewa, but he has since given it to me. So I guess that counts?

-NotS

Those two were also the first two sets I got back in 2001! Except I remember getting both of them at the same time from a Toys R Us.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I went for Kopaka first because he featured in that neato comic I had gotten in my LEGO magazine. Next were Pohatu and Tahu, with the former also featuring in the comic and the latter already making his place as an icon of the line. Then Lewa, then Gali, and finally, one day at the store, I screwed up the courage to ask my mom if we could get the last one, Onua.

I'll tell you what, those sure were fun times.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

This takes me back to Bionicle Comic #1, which I read over and over again. And even though Kopaka was the featured Toa, Onua stood out to me more than all the others. The LEGO Mania Magazine promised a July release for the Bionicle sets, but it wasn't until late August that they landed in my local stores.

I remember very clearly leaving for school and asking my mom to please check at Toys-R-Us for the "Bionicle Onua" set; and when I got picked up from school, Onua's canister was waiting for me in the car.  

:pakari:

• Upvote 3
[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

Onua Mata for me :D Most life-changing Christmas present ever!

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I can't remember!!! It was either Tahu or Kopaka as a friend and I got one each. Which one was mine however is not something I remember :(

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I unwrapped the gift at a tender young age of 7 or so, and low and behold, my eyes fell upon a most intriguing sight! There, in my hands, was a canister with fateful words, Lego Bionicle.

I held Destiny in my hands.

Haha, Onua was my first, and his parts still serve a purpose in my MOCing. He had it all! He was black! He had claws that swung around! He controlled Earth!

Eventually Gali and Tahu joined the team, and thus began a steady stream of Bionicle till it's definitive end. Onua has a soft spot in my heart understandably, but the role of Favorite fell on Lhikan years later. After all, he was a "Gandalf" figure and he gave his life for others ^_^.

• Upvote 3
Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

The earliest set I remember was Onua Mata.

I had Lewa Nuva next, and I made Onua and Lewa fight, I didn't know the story, i thought Onua was the bad guy.

I think lewa may have had a krana on his face from Nuhvok? (I don't remember if that was his name, it was the black one.)

And to think that I didn't know the story, but I had Onua vs Krana-Lewa down pat (except onua was a mata but who cares amiright)

• Upvote 2