Who was your first Bionicle?

Dalek CAAN

Mine was Pohatu Mata. Found him in my parents room the week before Christmas.

Pohatu Phantoka. I'd been following Bionicle since 2006 but my mom didn't approve. I found out about Bionicle in 2005 but didn't like it, since I couldn't tell who was good or bad.

:o why?

The sets that year- the Inika and the Piraka especially- were deemed by her as too scary and violent. 

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Mine was Pohatu Mata. Found him in my parents room the week before Christmas.

Pohatu Phantoka. I'd been following Bionicle since 2006 but my mom didn't approve. I found out about Bionicle in 2005 but didn't like it, since I couldn't tell who was good or bad.

:o why?

The sets that year- the Inika and the Piraka especially- were deemed by her as too scary and violent. 

CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE THAT 2006 WAS THE DARK TURN FOR BIONICLE NOT 2005.

CASE CLOSED EVERYBODY CAN GO HOME NOW.

• Upvote 3

My very first Bionicle set was the original Tahu. I had read about the Bionicle sets in the Lego magazine, and my Dad was working at a toy store. He told me that they were getting the Bionicle sets in the store soon. My dad brought it home, and I was very happy. I never was extremely into Bionicle until 2008, when I actually had the money to get the sets I wanted.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Onepu. I was already into Bionicle at that point since I was going into it already liking Lego and Throwbots. My parents knew this, so I was getting the Toa for Christmas. But McDonald's had the Mctoran promotion before then, so I collected all of them. Onepu is probably why I changed my favorite color to purple soon after.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

• 2 weeks later...

My first sets were [8561 Nuhvok] (which came with a Krana Xa) & [8565 Kohrak] (which came with a Krana Yo) they were 2001 Christmas presents. (Which makes it the only time I got anything before it's official date.)

And they were awesome. I ended up collecting all the Bohrok except for Bohrak Va, & Bohrok-Kal, & I eventually had 'all' 48 (I got them by trading every sweet/junk food I had then & silver coins, I was in like grade 1...) variations of the active Krana (until they were stolen from me) I don't think I've ever put so much effort into collecting items in my life before or since. They were just so cool ;)

(Maybe having so many things stolen, or simply not being able to get [8536 Kopaka] or [8558 Cahdok and Gahdok] made me realise how expensive collecting things obsessively could be etc.)

Edited by Iblis616
  • Upvote 2

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I dont know if it counts,probably not:

I found out about bionicles when they early came out in a kid's magazine.Didnt really care about it.My uncle got me a White Rahaga(Kualus?),but it was a cheap chinese copy.I still have its foot,im still amazed of the quality of the fake bionicle(Star Soldier or something).

As for original Bionicle:

My father had a bussiness trip in Poland,and he got me something,he said thats a surprise.

When he came back,he bought me Inika Toa Hahli.Not much after Barrakis came out,i bought Carrapar,and thats where it started.

Macku, but I don't still have her. As mentioned by someone else, parents didn't approve. I was very young at the time. As far as sets that you actually buy from a store go, I got most of Vorahk's parts in a big pile of pieces I received after the series ended, as well as a few of the Vakhi. I got a sealed Tahnok from my best friend a few years ago, making it the only Bionicle set I ever got fresh out of a canister. It sits on my desk, curled up and hanging in its canister.

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

This question never gets old, does it. :P

Turaga Onewa and Nokama in 2001. The first out of many and the beginning of a lifelong passion.

No it does not. :P It seems a lot joined at the beginning and lots joined at 2005-2006. Thanks for answering! :D

EXTERMINATE!

Edited by Dalek CAAN
  • Upvote 1

EXTERMINATE!

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf 15201987503_1b25d2d5b1_m.jpg  

3DS Friend Code:2578-4213-3661        A link to Goooooomba

toa hordika vakama. He is one oef the reasons i don't hate 2005 like everyone else. Ya i guess the story wasn't great but the nostalgia gives me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever i think about it.

• Upvote 1

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Lerahk from what may have been Westfield Merry Hill's Asda, in 2003.  :D

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Toa Mata Nui, yes really. My brother who is like 5 years older than me liked them, and I saw some at a friend's house and became obsessed. I used parts from the older ones to make hideous bionicles, the main hero had 4 arms and a Kalmah head which I got somehow. I was in Australia and really wanted it so I used some of my own money I had and a bit of a Christmas present to buy it. Took me four hours and still have it complete today (apart from two pieces which snapped off for some reason! Looking to get replacement.

Toa Mata Nui, yes really. My brother who is like 5 years older than me liked them, and I saw some at a friend's house and became obsessed. I used parts from the older ones to make hideous bionicles, the main hero had 4 arms and a Kalmah head which I got somehow. I was in Australia and really wanted it so I used some of my own money I had and a bit of a Christmas present to buy it. Took me four hours and still have it complete today (apart from two pieces which snapped off for some reason! Looking to get replacement).

Ekimu.  

Great set. I really liked the function of his hammer, and the mask was the coolest thing ever. 

Well that provides a good explanation for the name...

• Upvote 3

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

For me it was Macku, in the 2001 McDonalds Promo when she was called Maku. Bionicle almost immediately became the big new thing for me. I subsequently got Jaller (then called Jala), Kongu, Matoro, Hewkii (then called Huki), another Matoro, and we eventually had to order Onepu off of eBay. I don't know if getting Onepu was before or after I got my first Toa, Pohatu.