Answering that phone because I called it

This is a little late, several years too late, but I was doing a few examinations of the Bionicle wiki, and I was looking intently on Ignika's article. 
 I've just remembered that during 2001, I came up with a "toa of life" as a character. I designed it based on Tahu but with a "DNA Sword", which would have been a sword shaped like a double helix. I also chose it's color as orange/yellow I think. 
So in summary, this sounds silly now, but depending on the definitions, I totally called that one. 

Anyone recall any times you "called it"?

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

This is a little late, several years too late, but I was doing a few examinations of the Bionicle wiki, and I was looking intently on Ignika's article. 

I've just remembered that during 2001, I came up with a "toa of life" as a character. I designed it based on Tahu but with a "DNA Sword", which would have been a sword shaped like a double helix. I also chose it's color as orange/yellow I think. 

So in summary, this sounds silly now, but depending on the definitions, I totally called that one. 

And there's your problem

... you didn't say you had a problem, but I'm telling you, it's a problem

(My problem is that I don't understand the point of this thread)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Oh for pete's sake. Of course it's a coincidence, and Mr lightning says himself it's kind of silly. The point of this thread is that coincidences are (or can be, if we're being less generous) interesting. Now, admittedly, what tends to be much more interesting is when you predict something, and post your prediction to the internet well in advance of it actually happening. If we're just reminiscing, we're all prone to hindsight bias, and there's no way to prove if we ever really predicted anything. All the same...

There is one incident I can think of, back when the phantoka had just come out, and the mistika were still around the corner. I knew we were going to get 3 more makuta sets, and after considering that the first three that year had been modeled off of bats, and that the setting for the latter half of the year was closer to the ground (and swampy), I found myself thinking that the next three makuta might be insects. Low and behold, what did the mistika makuta end up being? Oh, and I also totally predicted that the toa mistika would be Tahu, Gali, and Onua. Though that's significantly less impressive.

Called it when someone would die a dramatic death in '07. More of a think on the spot kinda thing though.

Edited by ~ Toa Of Shadows ~

Click me to see my Youtube Channel!
:t:  :m_o:  :a:   :m_o:  :f:   :s:  :h:  :a:  :m_d:  :m_o:  :w:  :s:

Oh for pete's sake. Of course it's a coincidence, and Mr lightning says himself it's kind of silly. The point of this thread is that coincidences are (or can be, if we're being less generous) interesting. Now, admittedly, what tends to be much more interesting is when you predict something, and post your prediction to the internet well in advance of it actually happening. If we're just reminiscing, we're all prone to hindsight bias, and there's no way to prove if we ever really predicted anything. All the same...

There is one incident I can think of, back when the phantoka had just come out, and the mistika were still around the corner. I knew we were going to get 3 more makuta sets, and after considering that the first three that year had been modeled off of bats, and that the setting for the latter half of the year was closer to the ground (and swampy), I found myself thinking that the next three makuta might be insects. Low and behold, what did the mistika makuta end up being? Oh, and I also totally predicted that the toa mistika would be Tahu, Gali, and Onua. Though that's significantly less impressive.

You're entirely correct. And that's somewhat more impressive. All I did was apparently "call" a portion of the color scheme and the element.  

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

Well not sure what kind of thing you have in mind, but there's been lotsa things. One that always stands out was my right theory that the Turaga hid the Kanohi on Mata Nui (although I didn't guess they were Toa at the time). And now a huge one is I guessed right on the return of Bionicle, and even the timing more or less. :P

A weird one is I came up with the name "Kanoka" in 2001, and used it for a character. Later when Bionicle picked the same word for the disks I worked it into my fanfic storyline as the character being nicknamed after the disks, which he had been very good at using before the Great Cataclysm memory wipe.

I also named a fanfic Rahi "Lohraka" which is oddly similar to Lohrak (mine was a giant biomechanical starfish thingy... I haven't bothered to explain the similarity, just figure it's some etymological thingamabob lol).

Plus I always hoped for a final battle between titans Mata Nui and Makuta and was overjoyed to see it happening and on a much grander scale than I could have imagined. ^_^

I'm sure there were others but it's my memory lol.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Just a few weeks ago, I called that we were going to get Flash-animated mini movies for the reboot, and look what happened.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Back in...I think it was 2009...I was SUPER intent on making a whole alternate bionicle canon for a bionicle fan gamemaking company that existed at the time. I had a complex alternate universe put together, with the intended difference being that the ignika landed in a star and melted instead of landing on Bara Magna. One of the core ideas I was going to introduce was the idea that characters in the matoran universe don't die...they get sent somewhere else to be repaired. Now, I did not think of it being the red star, i instead was going to say it was the prototype robot, but still...that's pretty close. I felt pretty happy when I found out about the red star.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I once had this idea for a fanfic wherein a Matoran with black-colored arms was unwillingly transformed by one of the Legendary Kanohi into a much more powerful being.  His memories were wiped and his personality was overridden by a new personality of a jailer, which was thrust upon him by the transformation.  His single goal became to hunt down, capture, and lock up all other characters in his prison, regardless of whether they were the heroes (i.e. Toa) or the villains.

This was, of course, several years before the 2007 storyline introduced Dekar/Hydraxon.

That being said, it is a very good thing that I never actually wrote that fanfic because, in hindsight, it was really, really stupid.

There was also the fact that the original title for another fanfic that I once wanted to write (but never got around to doing so) was "Reign of Shadows".  Then Greg Farshtey took that title for one of the serials and stole my thunder.

• Upvote 2

As soon as Lego gave us the first description of Bionicle 2015, I snapped my fingers and said, "oh, they're definitely gonna be doing a gold mask promotion." 

Other than that, I don't remember accurately predicting a single thing while Bionicle was running :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I recall getting the map of Bara Magna in the Lego Club magazine and thinking that Mata Nui would wake it up, destroy Bara Magna in the process, and throw Makuta into the sun. Of course, Mata Nui did fight Makuta with it, but he didn't throw him into the sun. Or destroy Bara Magna.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I called Makuta always planning the game ahead from 01

I called Mata Nui being a robot from 01

I called the Inika becoming Toa from 01

And like pretty much everything else. 

Is this... sarcasm? Because it is a pretty tall order to swallow. Obviously the indications were there from the beginning regarding Mata Nui's true nature, but the truth really didn't get out until pretty close to the official reveal in 2008.

And Hahli and Nuparu didn't even exist as characters in 2001.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I called Makuta always planning the game ahead from 01

I called Mata Nui being a robot from 01

I called the Inika becoming Toa from 01

And like pretty much everything else.

Is this... sarcasm? Because it is a pretty tall order to swallow. Obviously the indications were there from the beginning regarding Mata Nui's true nature, but the truth really didn't get out until pretty close to the official reveal in 2008.

And Hahli and Nuparu didn't even exist as characters in 2001.

He still called it, somehow! Maybe? Probably not?

Yeah, I think he was being sarcastic. Haha

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Not really sure if this counts, but I once had a dream (back in 2005, or something) about me going to the store and being able to buy some of the old Matoran sets from the first 3 years, but in larger, box-like canisters, and containing many more parts.

Less than a year later, we got some of those Matoran in box-like canisters, but they were now Toa.

That freaked me out when that happened. My first thought on seeing the sets and their canisters was, "I got a sneak preview!

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

The topic title also confuses me greatly and I'm not sure the point of this thread lol.

Honestly, me neither. It was a borderline topic, and it started out relatively ok, but now it's just devolving into a free-for-all. Since there's really nothing concrete here to say and no proof offered in any of the comments, and coincidence topics are generally frowned upon, I'm gonna go ahead and close this (I totally called that, btw).

• Upvote 3