Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

Sounds like something I'd love to enter !

Just one question to make sure my entry wouldn't be against the rules :

Use of any toy parts not produced by the LEGO Group will result in your villain being disqualified

What about fabric/cloth for wings ? They would be home made, but as they're not toy parts this might be a grey area.

-Iben

• Upvote 5

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Use of any toy parts not produced by the LEGO Group will result in your villain being disqualified

What about fabric/cloth for wings ? They would be home made, but as they're not toy parts this might be a grey area.

I would say that would not be allowed. Use only LEGO pieces in your model.

What about Lego cloth provided with the sets? Such as the Vezon and Furno Brain Attack cape?

Wich one of the seven gold masks that were shown at Comic Con is being given away?

Or is it the 8th one they didn't show...? :P

LEGO has not publicly revealed which mask it will be. But really, does that make you want it any less?

I would say that would not be allowed. Use only LEGO pieces in your model.

What about Lego cloth provided with the sets? Such as the Vezon and Furno Brain Attack cape?

That would be fine as it's from a LEGO set.
  • Upvote 3

I actually thought about getting back into Mocing...this sounds like a good opportunity. 

Alright then, quick question since it's been years since my last BBC entry: 

What about flex-tubing and ribbed hoses? Can you cut them to specific lengths you need in a build, considering Lego does the same thing for official sets? Or does that count as modifying pieces?

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

What about flex-tubing and ribbed hoses? Can you cut them to specific lengths you need in a build, considering Lego does the same thing for official sets? Or does that count as modifying pieces?

Entries must not contain LEGO elements which have been modified from their original form (this includes painted elements)

Cutting tubing is not allowed, despite what LEGO has done in some past sets.

Entries must not contain LEGO elements which have been modified from their original form (this includes painted elements)

Cutting tubing is not allowed, despite what LEGO has done in some past sets.

Sorry for sort of repeating my question but, I assume we post the entry as reply here. Now, do we have to upload it via BZP or can we make an album on Imgur and just post a link ?

I may or may not enter, for reasons. And yes, I'm being mysterious for a reason! This is a really cool idea for a contest. I was wondering what they would do with the masks.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

This is one crazy announcement to wake up to! All my training has prepared me for this :P I'm really excited that the contest is gonna be between so many different sites, with prizes so neat that even folks who shy away from them will enter just for the crazy chance. And December 1st? That's a nice deadline.

I hope somebody compiles a big collage of every single entry, 'cause it would be so cool to see everyone's hard work all in one place.

I'm really feeling the spirit of Bionicle coming back :D 

Also, wanted to ask, is there like, any bias towards "real" submissions as opposed to LDD submissions? You could obviously do so much more with unlimited pieces, but on the other hand, it has its limitations in presentation, so... If the judges on any levels are leaning towards favoring physical submissions, would we be told about that?

Also, I didn't really see anything there about photo manipulation, in regards to dressing up the photo-- would we be allowed to crop out the models and set them into a CG environment, mess around with the lighting on the set, for example? Like they do on official packaging or in the old Bionicle guidebooks?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Pomegranate

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Sorry for sort of repeating my question but, I assume we post the entry as reply here. Now, do we have to upload it via BZP or can we make an album on Imgur and just post a link ?

We'll have to get back to you on that. I don't know if Tufi wants entries here or if there will be a separate entry topic. I'd lean towards the latter though.
  • Upvote 2

This is so cool! Whilst I know without a doubt nothing I put together will stand a chance - am super keen to see what people create for this. With such a big contest and such a cool prize, I think people will be pulling out all stops (or whatever the saying is) so we should get some cool villains. :)

(May still try and enter after exams - 0.0001% chance is better than 0%, right? :P)

Edited by Adventurer
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of black and red MOCs over the course of the next month.

It'll also be interesting to see to what degree people utilize CCBS; I assume that many will want to use primarily Technic to make their entries large and impressive, but I think that strong usage of CCBS could benefit an entry, considering the upcoming sets and such.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

A few questions:

1. So we can enter multiple villains? Is there a limit?

2. Would pieces that have been slightly chewed on (Unintentionally of course, from when I was young) be counted as modified if they don't effect color or connections?

3. Will the winner's model be used in any way by Lego?

4. Are we submitting an entry picture, or should it be a gallery?

5. When the prizes say Bionicle heroes, does it mean the masters?

6. Do LLD creations need to use only preexisting colors?

Edited by Toa Chuck

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

When you say constraction/technic elements, does that mean it can use both HF and Bionicle parts?

Constraction is Hero Factory and Bionicle.

A few questions:

1. So we can enter multiple villains? Is there a limit?

2. Would pieces that have been slightly chewed on (Unintentionally of course, from when I was young) be counted as modified if they don't effect color or connections?

3. Will the winner's model be used in any way by Lego?

4. Are we submitting an entry picture, or should it be a gallery?

5. When the prizes say Bionicle heroes, does it mean the masters?

1. You can submit multiple separate entries, but each entry can only contain one villain.

2. If it's not noticeable, I suppose it would be fine, but you should stay away from it if possible.

3. They retain the rights to use your model, but they are not saying for sure that they will:

Intellectual property rights

By entering this competition you accept that the ownership and all intellectual property rights to your entry are automatically awarded and transferred to LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark without any limitations.

You will not receive any payment for the transfer of your entry or any intellectual property rights, nor will you receive any payment for any products that may be sold in connection hereto.

The LEGO Group can use the entry and any intellectual rights deriving from the creations without any limitations via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised (including on http://www. ReBrick.LEGO.com), worldwide, in perpetuity, without notice to you and without compensation

4. Enter a single picture.

5. I believe it will be the Toa.

Do we have to have a rebrick account to enter?

No. You can enter on any of the six sites involved in the contest. You can even enter on multiple sites. Since you have a BZPower account you're good to go!

"The contest is open to entrants worldwide, except for those, as noted below, are 13 years of age or older."

Did I just read that right? Are they excluding people over 13 years old?

Yes, this is a legal requirement. If you are under thirteen years of age, you can have your parent or guardian enter on your behalf.

"The contest is open to entrants worldwide, except for those, as noted below, are 13 years of age or older."

No, what it's saying is that it is open to anyone 13 and older, except people in the excluded countries and as B6 said, anyone younger can have a parent or guardian submit their entry.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Woo, this looks good [ :P] Already got a prototype model ready, but I doubt my poor mocing skills will be any chance against the pros [:(] [:P] So whereabouts do we post our entries? [:P]

EDIT: Just a question, is it allowed to put another, smaller figure in the picture to show scale? Because my evil Botar looks great towering over little Macku... [:P]

Edited by bionicleFanatic

cLT23Pz.png

My phone crashed when I opened this topic. I'm not kidding. I think I've already found the cause, though, and it was not the awesomeness of this contest. :P

It's been some time since I participated in the contest, but this is a definite one. This is fantastic! :)

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 3

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

No, what it's saying is that it is open to anyone 13 and older, except people in the excluded countries and as B6 said, anyone younger can have a parent or guardian submit their entry.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up! Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Also, wanted to ask, is there like, any bias towards "real" submissions as opposed to LDD submissions? You could obviously do so much more with unlimited pieces, but on the other hand, it has its limitations in presentation, so... If the judges on any levels are leaning towards favoring physical submissions, would we be told about that?

The winning entries will be judged by the jury upon:

•Overall coolness and creativity

•Inspired originality

•Uniqueness

•Creative use of parts

I'd say if your entry has a lot of all of those, it doesn't matter whether it's a physical MOC or an LDD model. One caveat might be that it's more difficult to creatively use parts in LDD, at least in my opinion. Prove me wrong though!

Also, I didn't really see anything there about photo manipulation, in regards to dressing up the photo-- would we be allowed to crop out the models and set them into a CG environment, mess around with the lighting on the set, for example? Like they do on official packaging or in the old Bionicle guidebooks?

I'll have to check on that.

So whereabouts do we post our entries? [ :P]

We'll have that information later today.

EDIT: Just a question, is it allowed to put another, smaller figure in the picture to show scale? Because my evil Botar looks great towering over little Macku... [:P]

Please just include your creation in the photo.

If I somehow manage to win, I will sell the mask to Mask Collector.

Not to be rude, but I think you're kind of missing the point of the contest then. If you're not interested in keeping the prize, then why enter in the first place?

I just know that Mask Collector worked really hard to get all of his masks and wants to get all of them and make a Bionicle museum. Besides, the mask would probably be better off with someone who doesn't have crazy siblings. Also, I don't need the prize for myself- the glory of winning is enough for me. I've already decided that if I win first, second or third place, my siblings and I will share the sets. But if I do win... I probably will have a big change of mind.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

This is so cool! Whilst I know without a doubt nothing I put together will stand a chance - am super keen to see what people create for this. With such a big contest and such a cool prize, I think people will be pulling out all stops (or whatever the saying is) so we should get some cool villains. :)

(May still try and enter after exams - 0.0001% chance is better than 0%, right? :P)

Yes, a small chance is better than no chance. That's why you should always enter a contest if you can, because you increase your winning chances from 0% to something%. :P

EDIT: Oh, and this competition sounds exciting! It's time to get BUILDING! *I pull out my collection of HF parts*

:sneaky:<<<DETERMINED

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator
  • Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'll have to check on that.

Since it's not prohibited in the rules, manipulating the background on your entry photo is fine.