Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

Excuse me but how do we submit our creations? Where to upload a picture for the contest on BZPower?

• Upvote 1

Hello and welcome ^^
Bionicle fan and follower from Lublin in Poland. Theoretician, nerd and figure collector. The same goes for Transformers and MLP:FiM and more sophisticated works of science fiction fantasy.
I'd like to be your friend my friends :)
My facebook: https://www.facebook.com/butterscotch.pl.

It seems rather strange that this doesn't allow residents of Quebec. Not that that affects me, but it still seems like an odd restriction to place alongside Iran, North Korea, etc... 

Anyway, I'll definitely be entering this.

• Upvote 4

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

If I somehow manage to win, I will sell the mask to Mask Collector.

Not to be rude, but I think you're kind of missing the point of the contest then. If you're not interested in keeping the prize, then why enter in the first place?

....Mate, the mask is probably worth about fifteen thousand quid [:P] THAT's why he's entering [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

Are pieces obtained from NYCC allowed?

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

If I somehow manage to win, I will sell the mask to Mask Collector.

Not to be rude, but I think you're kind of missing the point of the contest then. If you're not interested in keeping the prize, then why enter in the first place?

....Mate, the mask is probably worth about fifteen thousand quid [ :P] THAT's why he's entering [:P]

No, the glory of winning is enough for me. In the highly unlikely chance that I win, the mask probably wouldn't survive a few months at my house. I'll just say that things of value tend to go missing when I'm not home but my little brother is... such as money, Lego parts, entire MOCs, boy scout knives and 3DS games.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

It seems rather strange that this doesn't allow residents of Quebec. Not that that affects me, but it still seems like an odd restriction to place alongside Iran, North Korea, etc... 

Anyway, I'll definitely be entering this.

This is a legal issue. Please see this site for more information.

Are pieces obtained from NYCC allowed?

I'll follow up, but my guess would be yes.

@Black Six are you looking forward to judging? :)

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"

Alright, I have had little practice with building creative LEGO things, my pieces are all in a big bin, making it really hard to find the piece one is looking for, I only have two sets with CCBS parts, many of my Technic pieces are damaged, and I have little to no idea how to use LDD. 

I'm pretty sure there was supposed to be an inspirational "but" there that would lead to me montaging with building LEGO stuff for the next few months, but I can't think of anything so I'll just skip to the montage.

When you have a one in a million chance, one has to come up eventually! :)

There, inspirational thingy, now to make a MOC and enjoy seeing what everyone else makes! :) 

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

You may build in LDD, but we will only accept rendered versions of the LDD files.

Ah, too bad the best way to render LDD files I know of was broken by the LDD update.

This has to be the most ambitious official contest I've ever seen. They're really pulling out all the stops here. I look forward to seeing the kinds of entries that come in. I'm unsure if I'll enter, though, since I suck at everything. :P

Just noticed old models and multiple submissions are allowed... Hmm, maybe I will throw something in there after all just for the heck of it then. :lol:

A new model would of course be preferred, but my utter lack of CCBS may be seen as a negative, plus it's been so, so long since I built... I'd probably not even be up to my old standard, let alone the likes of other builders sure to enter.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Wow, this sounds like quite the contest indeed! It's so cool that there's alewady a chance for people to get one of those gold masks!

I would love to enter, of course, but unfortunately with fall quarter classes I would only have Thanksgiving to build and photograph something, which wouldn't let me do very much. So, although it somewhat defeats the purpose of the contest, I'll most likely be entering something previously made. Or several somethings, as apparently that's possible.

Do the entry images have to be taken fresh for this contest?

~B~

Edited by Ballom

I'm assuming, since the rules didn't state otherwise, that villains can be based on or can be renditions of existing BIONICLE villains? Is that correct?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the FAQ:

Yes, it can be your take on an existing character. Keep in mind though that entries will be judged on originality.
Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Question: Are there any restrictions to building settings or scenery for our creations with the understanding that these too must be built with the 75%/25% mix and all other rules.

This would be in regards to things like thrones, stands, vignettes, etc.

• Upvote 2

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

~B~

Ooh, that made me think of something...

Will we still need to have the model built and available at the conclusion of this contest? Requesting models be sent in to them is something LEGO's done before.

Edit: Aaaand saw the FAQ now. Since it's not known if LEGO will request that yet, I guess there can't really be an answer to the question.

~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk
  • Upvote 2

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Okay, so, the FAQ doesn't quite cover this: We're allowed to enter something we've already posted elsewhere, but can we enter something which we've already posted on the same site? I'd like to enter my self-MOC, but I've already posted it on BZP; Would I be allowed to post it here again? (I will be entering something else other than my self-MOC though, so even if I can't, then I'll still have something to use.) 

VBWj75sh.png

No.

Question: Are there any restrictions to building settings or scenery for our creations with the understanding that these too must be built with the 75%/25% mix and all other rules.

This would be in regards to things like thrones, stands, vignettes, etc.

Accessories are definitely allowed, but I'll have to check on scenery.

Will we still need to have the model built and available at the conclusion of this contest? Requesting models be sent in to them is something LEGO's done before.

No. You will not need to send your models in if you win.

Okay, so, the FAQ doesn't quite cover this: We're allowed to enter something we've already posted elsewhere, but can we enter something which we've already posted on the same site?

Yes, it can be something you've already posted on BZPower (or any other site).

Sorry for a "stupid" question, but does System parts mean the normal lego bricks and parts?

Correct.

(From the news thread)

Kopekemaster, on 20 Oct 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:snapback.png

Aiwendil, on 20 Oct 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:snapback.png

My bet's on Chro.

Same.

I'd love to join in on this (and I may, just for the fun of it), but there's no chance I'd make it.
Also, I was wondering if technic beams (like this: 32348.png) count as constraction pieces or system pieces.

That is a Technic piece, so it falls under Constraction/Technic.

Oh, derp, I guess I somehow missed that it said Constraction/Technic. Apparently, I only saw the "Constraction" part.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I am almost certainly.in on this. I already had my entry get a little critique, so I think he's ready for the prime time. Lucky I have a professional photographer or two as friends...

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well, this is the motivation I need to finish my MOC. Its like the ultimate BBC!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I knew there was going to be a contest for one of the Gold Masks! 

But I just wish there was a writing section to it. Then I would have at least a small shot at making the semi-finals. :P

Good luck to everyone that does enter!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hmm, I guess I'll go with Zylor right away, since it fits the theme rather well. If I make something else good by December, i suppose I'll enter it as well. 

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Once you have made and submitted an entry, are you allowed to make a MOC topic about it in BBC?

Once you have made and submitted an entry, are you allowed to make a MOC topic about it in BBC?

Yes, you are, as long as you haven't made a topic for the MOC before.

May we enter the same entry on two different sites?

Yes, you can.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!