Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

Is it OK to use LEGO Hero Factory pieces for my model? As I have more of them than a do Bionicles and they have some cool pieces I would really want to add :P Thanks

EDIT: Sorry just read the other forum comments and it is allowed :P Never mind :D

Edited by JayLuxray

I have a question. What would be the best way to display pictures of my creation? I've seen that most users seem to link to other sites and image galleries, so is there any preferred method or could I just post the pictures in the topic?

You can post your pictures in the Submission topic, but they need to be hosted somewhere. BZPower offers it members a limited amount of image hosting space in the Gallery, but a site like Brickshelf or Flickr works too.

Would borrowing pieces from a friend not count as collaboration provided the friend had no input on the entry and helped in no other way?

We can't control where you get your pieces from, as long as they are genuine LEGO.

Can we add more pictures to our gallery after we have submitted the entry? As long as the MOC hasn't changed at all, of course.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Hello. I am new to BZpower, however i am a big fan of bionicle and i plan to enter the contest. I just have a few questions i want to clarify.

1. "Your entry must be least 75% Constraction/Technic and a maximum of 25% System elements" exactly what does that mean?

2. can i only take 1 picture of my creation or can i make multiple pictures of my creation?

Thanks for reading if you came by it!

Can we add more pictures to our gallery after we have submitted the entry? As long as the MOC hasn't changed at all, of course.

I suppose so, but you cannot change or replace your entry picture.

Hello. I am new to BZpower, however i am a big fan of bionicle and i plan to enter the contest. I just have a few questions i want to clarify.

1. "Your entry must be least 75% Constraction/Technic and a maximum of 25% System elements" exactly what does that mean?

2. can i only take 1 picture of my creation or can i make multiple pictures of my creation?

Thanks for reading if you came by it!

Make sure you check out the FAQ.

1. Three-quarters of your MOC has to be made of Bionicle, Hero Factory, other constraction, or Technic pieces.

2. You can take as many pictures as you want. Only one can be your entry photo though.

Finally managed to shoot this guy... Anyway, here is my entry for the BFTGM:

Makuta Luroka

He wears the Mask of Entropy. (the Kanohi Mataxa, if you will)

He wields the black-body sword, a wicked black sword that absorbs light.

http://i.imgur.com/y3uqa6D.jpg

Full gallery here:

http://imgur.com/a/7mPop

Topic here:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15833-makuta-luroka-bftgm/

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

Q: Can I enter multiple villains? Is there a limit?

A: You can submit multiple separate entries, but each entry can only contain one villain.

Question - I have a tiny mech-robot that I just entered, but I'm entering another build, which is so big that the tiny mech will be able to fit on it's shoulder. Is it against the rules to include the tiny mech on my second entry's shoulder? I'm trying to make it like Click from The Legend Reborn.

yes I know the sig is screwed up

Edited by en_1gma

A: You can submit multiple separate entries, but each entry can only contain one villain.

Question - I have a tiny mech-robot that I just entered, but I'm entering another build, which is so big that the tiny mech will be able to fit on it's shoulder. Is it against the rules to include the tiny mech on my second entry's shoulder? I'm trying to make it like Click from The Legend Reborn.

The focus of your entry picture should be your current entry.

The focus of your entry picture should be your current entry.

Yes, the big build will be the main focus of the picture; with that said, are you saying that it is against the rules?

Also, I noticed that you joined BZP a day before I was born ^^

Would it be alright for me to enter a villain riding a monster-thing and enter the entry name as "*insert villain name here* and *insert monster name here,*" and if so, would that cause the monster to be taken into consideration more than it would if I simply entitled it "*insert villain name here*"?

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

Most of my hope riding on this one.

Name: The Black Hand [Arm] of Makuta

Features: Articulated fingers, knuckles, and elbow joints.

In case you see this, Beefster - you need to actually provide an image of your entry. :P

• Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This may have been asked already, but would rather be safe than sorry.

Are entries allowed to be entered up to 12pm CET december 1st, or until 11:59 PM October 30th? Because it states judging begins december 1st.. but doesn't give a specific time, where as a little above that it states the contest ends december 1st at 12pm CET.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hi hello this is my first post here and I would like to enter this guy here.

Name/Title: Makuta Thynik

A little backstory to paint a better picture: After the reformation of Spheres Magna and with Teridax dead his sibling in a last ditch attempt to cause turmoil and chaos amongst the matoran. But will he succeed?

DSC_2610.JPGDSC_2617.JPGDSC_2606.JPG

Thanks for reading and may the best creation win!

Hi hello this is my first post here and I would like to enter this guy here.

Name/Title: Makuta Thynik

A little backstory to paint a better picture: After the reformation of Spheres Magna and with Teridax dead his sibling in a last ditch attempt to cause turmoil and chaos amongst the matoran. But will he succeed?

Thanks for reading and may the best creation win!

Two things:

First, this goes in the Submission Topic

Second, It looks as if you tried to link directly to the images on your computer. You need to actually upload the images to the internet, and link to those.

• Upvote 1

bBhcfWO.png

I do have a question. A few days ago, I entered this moc.  Since then, I reused its frame with changes for this moc. Would I be allowed to enter the second one as a separate submission since its aesthetic is considerably different, or would that be considered modifying my entry? 

Edited by Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Would it be alright for me to enter a villain riding a monster-thing and enter the entry name as "*insert villain name here* and *insert monster name here,*" and if so, would that cause the monster to be taken into consideration more than it would if I simply entitled it "*insert villain name here*"?

Most likely not. The villain is still the point of this contest.

This may have been asked already, but would rather be safe than sorry.

Are entries allowed to be entered up to 12pm CET december 1st, or until 11:59 PM October 30th? Because it states judging begins december 1st.. but doesn't give a specific time, where as a little above that it states the contest ends december 1st at 12pm CET.

From the opening post:

The competition will begin October 20, 2014, 12 p.m. CEST and ends December 1, 2014, 12 p.m. CET

I submitted a photo that was too big and now it can't be seen. Can I edit the existing post by making the picture smaller, or can I make a new post with the same entry? Thank you.

Please link to your picture instead of placing it right in your post.

Does a part that has been sandpapered, cut, and degraded by me apply to the contest?

You cannot use modified parts, so those would be inadmissible.

I do have a question. A few days ago, I entered this moc.  Since then, I reused its frame with changes for this moc. Would I be allowed to enter the second one as a separate submission since its aesthetic is considerably different, or would that be considered modifying my entry?

If they are separate entries, then it doesn't count as modifying another entry.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

We want you to make your villain as amazing as possible. However, you need to consider the following when creating your villain:

• Villains containing or depicting contemporary military vehicles or weapons will not be eligible for the competition

I'd guess this is why.

EDIT: I agree about that. But it's possible that END built an entry with a flamethrower, thought he wouldn't be allowed to post it, but wants to make sure?

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

<p>

We want you to make your villain as amazing as possible. However, you need to consider the following when creating your villain:

• Villains containing or depicting contemporary military vehicles or weapons will not be eligible for the competition
I'd guess this is why.

EDIT: I agree about that. But it's possible that END built an entry with a flamethrower, thought he wouldn't be allowed to post it, but wants to make sure?

I don't think it's a contemporary military weapon. A flamethrower is a class of weapon as much as any weapons that Bionicles carry. It doesn't replicate any real life models. And the new Protectors have gattling guns.

I have a question regarding a bit of the legal stuff. Do the Affidavit of Eligibility, Prize selection and Acceptance and Release of Liablility form have to be dealt with for Every winner, or only the one who wins the final 14k gold mask?

All winners would have to do that.

A recent entry that someone submitted titled "pyro" has a flame thrower with fuel tanks. I'm assuming this creation will be disqualified. Is that correct?

We will handle the disqualifications - it's nothing you need to worry about. Just focus on your entries.
  • Upvote 1