Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

A recent entry that someone submitted titled "pyro" has a flame thrower with fuel tanks. I'm assuming this creation will be disqualified. Is that correct?

Ah, I forgot about this rule. If it breaks rules, I can remove photos with flamethrower (if it's possible). Anyway pyro has axes. :P

I'm glad you have an alternate weapon, it's a cool moc.  :)

I don't want to be judged upon my rank. I don't want to lose or be overlooked because I'm not a premier member, or I just joined, or I don't have a signature. I want to be judged upon my build. I've known about BZP for a long time. I am a true fan, I have a big collection, I have a vast knowledge of the story, and I put as much effort as I could into this. I worked about 20 days straight on this. My determination is strong, or at least I think so.

[...]

Good camera - check, my sister's $600 Nikon she let me use.

Lots of pieces - collection consists of over 40,000 pieces.

Good MOCing skill - yes, I do have good MOCing skills, or so I have been told.

Knowledge of Bionicle story and sets - check. There is not one Bionicle set you can name that I don't know of.

[...] I was also applauded by my family for my incredible attitude.

Nobody's going to be judged by "rank", but on their actual entries alone.

1. That helps your presentation.

2. That helps your MOC.

3. That's what this contest is all about.

4. That's entirely irrelevant to this contest.

Uh, congratulations?

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 6

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I've already entered and have a pretty good idea about how this all works, but I just want to make sure. All six judges will be working together to pick finalists from each site, BUT they will be choosing 6 first-place winners, 6 second-place winners, and 6 third-place winners which will vary depending on which entries are posted on each site. So 18 people will win a prize. Then Lego's team will choose from the 6 first-place winners who wins the Golden Mask. 

Sorry if this has already been stated, I just wanted 100% clarification of the basics, as I only just learned that all six judges will be working together rather than each choosing the winners of their site by themselves. 

Also, my entry was built to look like Makuta, who is technically already in this new Bionicle story. I assumed that the whole "make the villain for the new story" aspect of the judging isn't taken as seriously as "this is a big villiain moc and it's supposed to look good as well as evil and intimidating" aspect. Am I correct in making that assumption or is basing my entry off of Makuta a disqualifying factor?

Edited by CallanLoF
  • Upvote 4

I've already entered and have a pretty good idea about how this all works, but I just want to make sure. All six judges will be working together to pick finalists from each site, BUT they will be choosing 6 first-place winners, 6 second-place winners, and 6 third-place winners which will vary depending on which entries are posted on each site. So 18 people will win a prize. Then Lego's team will choose from the 6 first-place winners who wins the Golden Mask. 

Sorry if this has already been stated, I just wanted 100% clarification of the basics, as I only just learned that all six judges will be working together rather than each choosing the winners of their site by themselves. 

Also, my entry was built to look like Makuta, who is technically already in this new Bionicle story. I assumed that the whole "make the villain for the new story" aspect of the judging isn't taken as seriously as "this is a big villiain moc and it's supposed to look good as well as evil and intimidating" aspect. Am I correct in making that assumption or is basing my entry off of Makuta a disqualifying factor?

So uh.... you've entered your Makuta.....   It is as I feared.

• Upvote 2

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I have 2 questions:

1.  I'm guessing that the contest ends at noon tomorrow, right?

2.  Are hinge cylinder 1x2 locking with 2 fingers and axle hole on ends and its counterpart considered Technic pieces?

1. Noon Central European Time.

2. Sure, they have a Technic axle hole so we'll consider them Technic.

I'm trying to upload some pic for the contest to my gallery but it won't let me make a new album of upload anything, what do I do?

I would suggest finding somewhere else to upload them.

Unfortunately, it appears my question has been lost among others: 

Edited by CallanLoF

I really pity the judges of this contest. Just from BZP we have well over 300 entries, if not 400 by now, and this contest really brought out the best of all the builders on BZPower. It will be nigh impossible for six judges to choose just the three finalists. I'm just glad I'm not in their place.

• Upvote 1

I think it's closer to a thousand...check out the entry list.

I imagine it will take a long time to pick the winners!

Wow, that number came from a few days ago. I guess everyone's rushing to get their entries in at the last second!

Entry 3: Ringatahu         Image Link: E3TkPwX.jpg

Tahu was alone on the cliffs of Bara Magna. He was unknowing of the dangers that lurked behind him. The last Makuta It was a lowly shadow leech slithering across the baron, sandy landscape. He attempted to strike it but his efforts were useless against the shadow leeches' tactic of maneuvering around the blasts and clinging onto his leg. Tahu felt extreme pain and passed out. He awoke as a servant to Makuta.

Entry 4: Demon of the Jungle  

image link: cx84rqO.jpg

Worse than panthers.

Use of any toy parts not produced by the LEGO Group will result in your villain being disqualified

What about fabric/cloth for wings ? They would be home made, but as they're not toy parts this might be a grey area.

I would say that would not be allowed. Use only LEGO pieces in your model.

You could use the cloth from LEGO Technic Darth Vader or some Viking Dragon Wings. Or just plastic Wings from Bionicle.

I am sorry for all grammar errors.

If i dont response to any important posts pls message me.

My BZPRPG Profiles are:

Izen [Toa] [Pakari] [Iron] [Smith,Wanderer,Warrior & more]

Aum [Rahi] [Bird] [Companion of Izen]

Edan [Toa] [Volitak] [Sonic] [Thief and Asassine]

Koyo [Matoran] [Sanok] [Plasma] [Travelling Merchant/Cook]

Placeholder [Species] [Kanohi] [Element] [Quick Info]