Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

D'oh! I started rendering one of my LDD MOCs a few days ago so that it'd finish in time for the deadline. I'd tweaked the model especially as well! Fast forward to today and it's still rendering. Oh well, never mind. ;) It doesn't matter any more. I've already entered a couple of MOCs anyway. Good luck to everyone else! I've seen loads of entries that deserve to win. I pity the people who have to look through all of these amazing creations to choose a winner.  :)  :thumbsup:

Edited by Maxiboy136

I just want to add that in my post, on the pictures, if you scroll down you will find a back story and descriptions. I dont know why in the post this didn't show off, but I just wanted to say it. And that you can find more pictures of my entries in this gallery: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/129158095@N04/sets/72157649142925078/

THIS IS NOT A NEW SUMMISSION 

I just wanted to share it. 

Edited by Toa Jelarna
  • Upvote 1

The entry topic close rather early...2 hours before 12:00. I still had a couple of entries.

Time difference, perhaps? I don't know where you live, but the competition closed at 12.00 central European time. Which means I had an extra hour, as I live in the UK. Didn't make much difference though, as LDD models take centuries to render.

Edited by Maxiboy136

Good luck to everyone.

I hope my Kuataibo makes a good showing. I was quite confident, but there are some gorgeous MoCs, if a little too many Makutas. Some are funny, some are awe-inspiring, and others I want to buy. Even if he doesn't make top 5, I'd like him to be recognized. Perhaps a "Best of BZPower" when the finalists are announced.

Thanks to seeing what all of you built, I already have an idea or two for how to improve my Kuataibo. The wings are most obvious, but I may redo the arms a little as well... Anyway, see you all when the results are announced.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I had an entry started, but didn't really get around to finishing it. Probably cause I ran out of brown pieces. Ah well, so many entries in here that I wouldn't have stood a chance anyway. I can't wait to see what the winners are!

• Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I don't want to be judged upon my rank. I don't want to lose or be overlooked because I'm not a premier member, or I just joined, or I don't have a signature. I want to be judged upon my build. I've known about BZP for a long time. I am a true fan, I have a big collection, I have a vast knowledge of the story, and I put as much effort as I could into this. I worked about 20 days straight on this. My determination is strong, or at least I think so.

[...]

Good camera - check, my sister's $600 Nikon she let me use.

Lots of pieces - collection consists of over 40,000 pieces.

Good MOCing skill - yes, I do have good MOCing skills, or so I have been told.

Knowledge of Bionicle story and sets - check. There is not one Bionicle set you can name that I don't know of.

[...] I was also applauded by my family for my incredible attitude.

Nobody's going to be judged by "rank", but on their actual entries alone.

1. That helps your presentation.

2. That helps your MOC.

3. That's what this contest is all about.

4. That's entirely irrelevant to this contest.

Uh, congratulations?

I had always thought that they would give the mask to someone with a big collection, a lot of experience, etc.

I didn't want people to look at Saviant and think "oh he's a noob, he'll never win".

But apparently I was being foolish. And wrong. as usual...

Edited by en_1gma

Ah well, so many entries in here that I wouldn't have stood a chance anyway.

I hear you.  Still threw in three entries anyway, but whatever.  They had been built months before this contest anyway.

I was quite confident, but there are some gorgeous MoCs, if a little too many Makutas. 

Does it help that my self-MOC wasn't an actual Makuta?

mtmte.gif

Good luck to everyone.

I hope my Kuataibo makes a good showing. I was quite confident, but there are some gorgeous MoCs, if a little too many Makutas. Some are funny, some are awe-inspiring, and others I want to buy. Even if he doesn't make top 5, I'd like him to be recognized. Perhaps a "Best of BZPower" when the finalists are announced.

Thanks to seeing what all of you built, I already have an idea or two for how to improve my Kuataibo. The wings are most obvious, but I may redo the arms a little as well... Anyway, see you all when the results are announced.

I don't know if you've seen mine, but I'm a little worried myself. Your MOC is good by the way.

Battle for the Gold Mask entry-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZZNiri40EBr-Kk1l2ADy6O_qcy0NVwScZ0RM6JIaVlU/edit?usp=sharing

(Not based on the character from Chima Cragger)

Living in a quite samp, in solitude. Having a strange obsession with toa masks. One day he had discovered a strange mask, he could not help himself. When he went over to pick it up it sent a strange energy changing him. Changed forever he had a new goal destory the toa and take the power from there gold toa masks for himself.   

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZZNiri40EBr-Kk1l2ADy6O_qcy0NVwScZ0RM6JIaVlU/edit?usp=sharing

Living in a quite samp, in solitude. Having a strange obsession with toa masks. One day he had discovered a strange mask, he could not help himself. When he went over to pick it up it sent a strange energy changing him. Changed forever he had a new goal destory the toa and take the power from there gold toa masks for himself.   

You know that this dosn't count now, right?

Just a heads up to everyone: It'll do no good to whine and threaten other people once the winners are announced. No matter how angry or upset you might be over the final decisions, the important thing is not to overreact and flood the forums with complaints and name calling.  Not only does it make you look like a sore loser, but you're also putting a damper on other people's moods as well. Just think about all the fun people had building, submitting, and looking at MOCs for this contest, and how many of them entered not because they wanted a gold mask, but because they wanted to have fun and build again. I know I had fun digging into the old Lego bin and getting creative (For the first time since 2010, mind you), and I'm sure everyone else had as much fun as I did as well.

And if you're still feeling upset, remember: No matter who wins, Bionicle is still returning! Even if you didn't win a gold mask, you'll still have a new story to look forward to.

• Upvote 11

why is this happening

Yes, definitely. I saw a lot of people say "This is the first MOC I've built in a while" with their entry, and I definitely had fun getting the motivation to build another larger MOC. I don't care if I win (though it would be nice), I just had a lot of fun building and watching what everyone else came up with. Everyone tried their best, and I can't wait to see who comes out on top.

• Upvote 4

Yeah this contest definitely got me back into MoCing. I hadn't touched my collection in years, and I probably wouldn't be that excited for Bionicle 2015 if it wasn't for the BFTGM.

I hope there are more competitions in the future, maybe for the remaining gold masks. Perhaps a build-a-hero could be next.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

I don't know if you've seen mine, but I'm a little worried myself. Your MOC is good by the way.

Thank you! ^_^ Nice to hear someone say that.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Just a heads up to everyone: It'll do no good to whine and threaten other people once the winners are announced. No matter how angry or upset you might be over the final decisions, the important thing is not to overreact and flood the forums with complaints and name calling.  Not only does it make you look like a sore loser, but you're also putting a damper on other people's moods as well. Just think about all the fun people had building, submitting, and looking at MOCs for this contest, and how many of them entered not because they wanted a gold mask, but because they wanted to have fun and build again. I know I had fun digging into the old Lego bin and getting creative (For the first time since 2010, mind you), and I'm sure everyone else had as much fun as I did as well.

And if you're still feeling upset, remember: No matter who wins, Bionicle is still returning! Even if you didn't win a gold mask, you'll still have a new story to look forward to.

Here here [:P]

Personally, I'm just happy to have built something that complex/big [:P] My previous MOCs were limited mostly to combo-models of Tahu and Turahk, or very small Voya Nui Ko-Matoran XP Nothing to write home about... [:P] [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

Indeed so. I'm worried as well. Ah, whatever. Whoever wins that mask will be very very happy.

Your MOC is awesome as well, Regi.

Edited by en_1gma

Good point...but everyone will have the right to critique the winning sets all they want.   Of course, that's not the same as whining...

Too late and wrong thread.

mtmte.gif

Here here [ :P]

Personally, I'm just happy to have built something that complex/big [:P] My previous MOCs were limited mostly to combo-models of Tahu and Turahk, or very small Voya Nui Ko-Matoran XP Nothing to write home about... [:P] [:P]

I completely agree with you, I just like building big for once!

Yes, definitely. I saw a lot of people say "This is the first MOC I've built in a while" with their entry, and I definitely had fun getting the motivation to build another larger MOC. I don't care if I win (though it would be nice), I just had a lot of fun building and watching what everyone else came up with. Everyone tried their best, and I can't wait to see who comes out on top.

Indeed!

It was a ton of fun, and made me much more confident in what I can achieve. Good luck to all!

That describes me mostly; it would be better to say it has made me more aware of my creative capacity.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Indeed so. I'm worried as well. Ah, whatever. Whoever wins that mask will be very very happy.

Your MOC is awesome as well, Regi.

Maybe I'll take some more photos of it and make a discussion topic for the updated one. Thanks Enigma. 

• Upvote 1

Here is the aforementioned MOC which took too long to render and so missed the deadline. I'd like to share it with you anyway, even though the competition is closed now. So here is what could have been: 

Entry title: Macrodax

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/401644

http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/a47341ac-b18e-419c-9d45-1bd392505b70?index=4&categoryid=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c&loadprivate=true&memberid=eec4715b-b000-461b-92c5-b1e9923a8e47

• Upvote 1

facepalm

I honestly don't understand why people cannot see THE TEN MILLION POSTS telling people to POST IN THE SUBMISSION TOPIC and that the CONTEST IS OVER

• Upvote 3

facepalm

I honestly don't understand why people cannot see THE TEN MILLION POSTS telling people to POST IN THE SUBMISSION TOPIC and that the CONTEST IS OVER

Regardless, you need to be more respectful to other members. There are ways to inform without being snide or condescending.

• Upvote 5

Here is the aforementioned MOC which took too long to render and so missed the deadline. I'd like to share it with you anyway, even though the competition is closed now. So here is what could have been:

Entry title: Macrodax

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/401644

http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/a47341ac-b18e-419c-9d45-1bd392505b70?index=4&categoryid=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c&loadprivate=true&memberid=eec4715b-b000-461b-92c5-b1e9923a8e47

I am simultaneously disappointed and relieved that this guy wasn't entered :P very nice look. Tho I'll be honest, I don't think that those ankles would hold the MoC irl.

To everyone else as well, I saw some truly amazing MoCs that I would not be ashamed to lose to. I had a lot of fun with this contest and from what I've seen so have most if not all of you guys. May the best of the best MoCs win. Or, seeing as this is a villain contest, may the best of the worst win. Haha ;)

• Upvote 1

Employees, officers, and directors of the LEGO Group of Companies, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, are not eligible to participate.

Out of curiosity, does this include Ambassadors?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Employees, officers, and directors of the LEGO Group of Companies, and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household, are not eligible to participate.

Out of curiosity, does this include Ambassadors?

No, it does not.

I have a question about the Entry List: is it final? I.e. Does it contain all the finalized entries? I couldn't find my entry in there, so was just curious as to why it wasn't.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)