Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

Here is the aforementioned MOC which took too long to render and so missed the deadline. I'd like to share it with you anyway, even though the competition is closed now. So here is what could have been:

Entry title: Macrodax

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/401644

http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/a47341ac-b18e-419c-9d45-1bd392505b70?index=4&categoryid=64929898-c52f-49d8-b106-c0c36314093c&loadprivate=true&memberid=eec4715b-b000-461b-92c5-b1e9923a8e47

I am simultaneously disappointed and relieved that this guy wasn't entered :P very nice look. Tho I'll be honest, I don't think that those ankles would hold the MoC irl.

To everyone else as well, I saw some truly amazing MoCs that I would not be ashamed to lose to. I had a lot of fun with this contest and from what I've seen so have most if not all of you guys. May the best of the best MoCs win. Or, seeing as this is a villain contest, may the best of the worst win. Haha ;)

Wow! Thank you! And yes, those ankles probably wouldn't hold the weight of the MOC, but I think the legs look just right the way they are.  ;)

• Upvote 1

I have a question about the Entry List: is it final? I.e. Does it contain all the finalized entries? I couldn't find my entry in there, so was just curious as to why it wasn't.

:tohu:

No. Due to the large effort in formatting all the entries, we have not yet updated the entry topic. Rest assured all MOCs that were submitted in the proper topic before the deadline will be considered though.

When will we know who wins?

The grand prize winner will be announced early next year. The site finalists should be later this month.
  • Upvote 1

I couldn't find my entry in there, so was just curious as to why it wasn't.

:tohu:

It's probably still there, just lost among the entries. Try looking through your list of posts on your profile to find the ones you put your entries on.

Edit: Whoops, didn't initially realize you were referring to the actual Entry List. Yeah, the last post there was on November 28, so of course last-minute entries haven't been added just yet.

Hm...maybe to pass the time until the results come out, we can review each other's entries?

Edited by Black Six

mtmte.gif

In this forum...

Some have BFTGM tagged or in the title, but just look for them.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Hm...maybe to pass the time until the results come out, we can review each other's entries?

You're always free to do that. A lot of people have posted review topics to this forum.

Where can we find these review topics?

As Regitnui said, they're tagged in this forum. Go to BBC (this forum), and in the search box at the top-right, search for "BFTGM."

IetTsFQ.png

You're always free to do that. A lot of people have posted review topics to this forum.

Where can we find these review topics?

As Regitnui said, they're tagged in this forum. Go to BBC (this forum), and in the search box at the top-right, search for "BFTGM."
I'm sure a lot of MoCists would love some feedback, the last day flooded the forum with topics and quite a few were buried and got little to no comments. I was tempted to add a link to my topic to this post but that wouldn't be appropriate. Oh, wait... Darn it.

Please note that while that is indeed a link to my topic it is purely in jest. I do indeed mean what I said about those whose topics have been buried, I'm sure some C&CC would be much appreciated by everyone who put their all into these MoCs and likely feel disappointed and/or discouraged at the lack of comments. And while I admittedly feel that way to a limited extent, there are some impressive MoCs that have had no comments at all that I would encourage you to comment on before mine. I would comment on some, but I have not had the time. I say as I type out this super long post :P

• Upvote 2

I wonder how many Bionifigs, RusBionicle and Pockyland got. All together there could have been a couple thousand entries.

Pockyland got less than the other sites, probably due to the language barrier (thankfully chrome can translate a page :)).

How's the judgin' doing so far? :P

We have narrowed down the entries from each site. Tomorrow the final judges will be receiving the shortened list to determine the top three MOCs for each site. There were a lot of great entries and it was hard to choose, but I envy the final judges even less.

Top three? I thought there were five semifinalists from each site, despite the fact that only the top three would receive prizes.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I wonder how many Bionifigs, RusBionicle and Pockyland got. All together there could have been a couple thousand entries.

Pockyland got less than the other sites, probably due to the language barrier (thankfully chrome can translate a page :)).

Actually it is majorly because PockyLand is a Taiwan(which is a small island)-based forum with a small amount

Hong Kong and China users. And for some reason Bionicle and other buildable figures are generally considered

as designed for kids in these regions.

Also the Bionicle sub-forum of PockyLand had been in ice-age stage since the series eneded 2010,

as the main MOCers don't really like Hero Factory much lol.

Edited by JackHunter

Actually it is majorly because PockyLand is a Taiwan(which is a small island)-based forum with a small amount

Hong Kong and China users. And for some reason Bionicle and other buildable figures are generally considered

Also the Bionicle sub-forum of PockyLand had been in ice-age stage since the series eneded 2010,

Well now I'm a little bummed out cause that's the only site where I didn't send my entries. :P

Edited by Dark Blue
  • Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

Well now I'm a little bummed out cause that's the only site where I didn't send my entries. :P

I would've sent mine there, but the website wouldn't let me, figures. :P

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

Though they do have a lot of battle mech builders.

I felt like an old man buying Bionicles in Taiwan when I was in 8th grade.

I couldn't figure out how to enter, or I would have as well. Google translate is not my friend.

• Upvote 2

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I couldn't figure out how to enter, or I would have as well. Google translate is not my friend.

Yeah, me neither. And half the time, Google Translate doesn't even work correctly... But hey, I would think that BZP, ReBrick, and Eurobricks would be enough. Edited by en_1gma

There were some good creations, though I have noticed quite a few old MOCs from years back posted here (which honestly I consider a too easy and a bit lazy way), not to mention the way too many Makuta MOCs. I'm not saying don't build them, but please take a second to think of an idea before you go "Let me do an obvious thing only I thought of out of the X people who are on this site".  I have feeling that 607 submission quite quickly dropped to 50 and from then on got harder to decide. Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure everyone did their best with their entries, but too many people chose quantity over quality in my opinion. Personally I would've had a rule about the amount of submissions per person, but it doesn't matter now, we just have to wait and see who are the semi-finals then after that the finals.

• Upvote 3

There were some good creations, though I have noticed quite a few old MOCs from years back posted here (which honestly I consider a too easy and a bit lazy way), not to mention the way too many Makuta MOCs. I'm not saying don't build them, but please take a second to think of an idea before you go "Let me do an obvious thing only I thought of out of the X people who are on this site".  I have feeling that 607 submission quite quickly dropped to 50 and from then on got harder to decide. Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure everyone did their best with their entries, but too many people chose quantity over quality in my opinion. Personally I would've had a rule about the amount of submissions per person, but it doesn't matter now, we just have to wait and see who are the semi-finals then after that the finals.

Yeah, Makuta mocs are really unoriginal. Whoever entered one of those is a total idiot. Heh heh. Yeeeeeeeeeeaaah. 

• Upvote 3

There's about 70 on Rusbionicle, and there is a bunch of worthy opponents, but the best of them are already on EB or BP, so you've probably seen them already. Edited by Tremah

It took me a few days to learn how to be allowed to post. :P

Edited by END

It took me a few days to learn how to be allowed to post. :P

How did you become allowed to post? Was it something about a red envelope?  I was never able to find it. 

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

There were some good creations, though I have noticed quite a few old MOCs from years back posted here (which honestly I consider a too easy and a bit lazy way), not to mention the way too many Makuta MOCs. I'm not saying don't build them, but please take a second to think of an idea before you go "Let me do an obvious thing only I thought of out of the X people who are on this site". I have feeling that 607 submission quite quickly dropped to 50 and from then on got harder to decide. Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure everyone did their best with their entries, but too many people chose quantity over quality in my opinion. Personally I would've had a rule about the amount of submissions per person, but it doesn't matter now, we just have to wait and see who are the semi-finals then after that the finals.

I agree that it seems a bit lazy to enter old MoCs, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they wanted to enter what they may consider their crowning achievement. They did still put the effort to build it at some point. That some people put quantity over quality certainly isn't in doubt and a limit on the number of entries may have encouraged them to do a bit better. As it is a contest to build the ultimate villian, I'm not surprised that a bunch of Makuta MoCs were built. What other villian has been so stinking awesome in the BIONICLE (or imho ANY) universe? And while there are quite a few Makuta MoCs that are fairly generic, black/red/bat wings, Makuta are shape shifters, so there's room for an infinite variety of possible MoCs that could be called "Makuta". I think that there are some that pulled that off wonderfully. I exclude myself from the previous statement of course because including myself would be exceptionally arrogant. I leave it to others to judge how well I built my MoC. And yes, my entry is a Makuta, but that's only because I put my effort into the build and was admittedly somewhat lazy with the back story :P
  • Upvote 2

There were some good creations, though I have noticed quite a few old MOCs from years back posted here (which honestly I consider a too easy and a bit lazy way), not to mention the way too many Makuta MOCs. I'm not saying don't build them, but please take a second to think of an idea before you go "Let me do an obvious thing only I thought of out of the X people who are on this site". I have feeling that 607 submission quite quickly dropped to 50 and from then on got harder to decide. Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure everyone did their best with their entries, but too many people chose quantity over quality in my opinion. Personally I would've had a rule about the amount of submissions per person, but it doesn't matter now, we just have to wait and see who are the semi-finals then after that the finals.

I agree that it seems a bit lazy to enter old MoCs, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they wanted to enter what they may consider their crowning achievement. They did still put the effort to build it at some point. That some people put quantity over quality certainly isn't in doubt and a limit on the number of entries may have encouraged them to do a bit better. As it is a contest to build the ultimate villian, I'm not surprised that a bunch of Makuta MoCs were built. What other villian has been so stinking awesome in the BIONICLE (or imho ANY) universe? And while there are quite a few Makuta MoCs that are fairly generic, black/red/bat wings, Makuta are shape shifters, so there's room for an infinite variety of possible MoCs that could be called "Makuta". I think that there are some that pulled that off wonderfully. I exclude myself from the previous statement of course because including myself would be exceptionally arrogant. I leave it to others to judge how well I built my MoC. And yes, my entry is a Makuta, but that's only because I put my effort into the build and was admittedly somewhat lazy with the back story :P

True the old MOCs had effort put into them, but always posting your old creation instead of actually trying to challenge yourself to build something new and different will result in the decay of the building skills as the poster will rely on its past work instead of a current. As for the Makuta MOCs, yes there were quite decent works but the Teridax revamps were just one of laziest ideas, the Makuta of Okoto was atleast a fresh thing so I had nothing against it being built, but Teridax has been revamped a million times over the years and got really stale as an idea. Backstory wise I can't really say an opinion as I haven't read everyone of them.

True the old MOCs had effort put into them, but always posting your old creation instead of actually trying to challenge yourself to build something new and different will result in the decay of the building skills as the poster will rely on its past work instead of a current.

I've been relying on my past work for contests to some degree for the whole year (I make a point of saving all good MOCs for contests), and my building skills haven't suffered. 

• Upvote 1

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET