Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

There were some good creations, though I have noticed quite a few old MOCs from years back posted here (which honestly I consider a too easy and a bit lazy way), not to mention the way too many Makuta MOCs. I'm not saying don't build them, but please take a second to think of an idea before you go "Let me do an obvious thing only I thought of out of the X people who are on this site". I have feeling that 607 submission quite quickly dropped to 50 and from then on got harder to decide. Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure everyone did their best with their entries, but too many people chose quantity over quality in my opinion. Personally I would've had a rule about the amount of submissions per person, but it doesn't matter now, we just have to wait and see who are the semi-finals then after that the finals.

I agree that it seems a bit lazy to enter old MoCs, but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they wanted to enter what they may consider their crowning achievement. They did still put the effort to build it at some point. That some people put quantity over quality certainly isn't in doubt and a limit on the number of entries may have encouraged them to do a bit better. As it is a contest to build the ultimate villian, I'm not surprised that a bunch of Makuta MoCs were built. What other villian has been so stinking awesome in the BIONICLE (or imho ANY) universe? And while there are quite a few Makuta MoCs that are fairly generic, black/red/bat wings, Makuta are shape shifters, so there's room for an infinite variety of possible MoCs that could be called "Makuta". I think that there are some that pulled that off wonderfully. I exclude myself from the previous statement of course because including myself would be exceptionally arrogant. I leave it to others to judge how well I built my MoC. And yes, my entry is a Makuta, but that's only because I put my effort into the build and was admittedly somewhat lazy with the back story :P

True the old MOCs had effort put into them, but always posting your old creation instead of actually trying to challenge yourself to build something new and different will result in the decay of the building skills as the poster will rely on its past work instead of a current.

I've been relying on my past work for contests to some degree for the whole year (I make a point of saving all good MOCs for contests), and my building skills haven't suffered. 

One year is not that long of a time, I meant an at least more than a year kind of absence from building new things and using the past glory. 

The top 3 MOCs from each site have been selected! We cannot reveal them until LEGO receives some information and a release form from each one. BZPower's winners have been contacted via both email and Private Message, so make sure you check to see if you've won!

As soon as LEGO receives the information from all eighteen winners, there will be an official announcement made.

In the meantime, I can reveal the final prizes the the top three from each site will receive:

• The first place winner on each site will get a full set of the 6 Masters and Protectors signed by the designers
  • The second place winner will get a set of 3 Masters and Protectors (LEGO's choice) signed by the designers
  • The third place winner will get the Lord of Skull Spiders signed by the designer
Thanks again everyone who entered! This has been the biggest contest in the history of Bionicle!
  • Upvote 12

Have the 4th and 5th place contestants been notified as well? I'm certain many entrants who did not receive PMs are hoping not. *cough*me*cough*

I definitely hope we get to know who all the semifinalists were, but that would be one disappointing email...

IetTsFQ.png

Have the 4th and 5th place contestants been notified as well? I'm certain many entrants who did not receive PMs are hoping not. *cough*me*cough*

I definitely hope we get to know who all the semifinalists were, but that would be one disappointing email...

I would in no way be dissappointed to hear that my MOC was fourth- or fifth-best out of over six hundred on BZPower, even if I didn't get anything for it.

• Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I would in no way be disappointed to hear that my MOC was fourth- or fifth-best out of over six hundred on BZPower, even if I didn't get anything for it.

You're right, every one who is mentioned should feel honored. Either way, I'm glad I got to be a part of the biggest contest in Bionicle history.  ^_^

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

BZPower's winners have been contacted via both email and Private Message, so make sure you check to see if you've won!

Cool, but what about other sites? Does notification also come to winners from another sites or it's only BZP winners gonna know they win?

The hosts on the other sites will be contacting their winners. I do not know how or when but I imagine it will be soon.

No. As of this time there are no plans to officially release all of the finalists. Maybe once everything is wrapped up I will post my personal favorites that were eventually whittled down to the finalists.
  • Upvote 4

BZPower's winners have been contacted via both email and Private Message, so make sure you check to see if you've won!

Cool, but what about other sites? Does notification also come to winners from another sites or it's only BZP winners gonna know they win?

The hosts on the other sites will be contacting their winners. I do not know how or when but I imagine it will be soon.

Okay, thank you!

• Upvote 1

Well, guess my Kuataibo didn't make it. I'm torn between being disappointed and relieved... Now I'm looking forward to seeing what did make the cut. Black Six, I also look forward to seeing your "Honourable Mentions".

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well, I guess Zigben just wasn't good enough...

But NEXT TIME, I won't just make a mega-titan with a custom torso, torso structure, and custom foot design...

I'll make a SUPER-MEGA-TITAN with custom everything + gear functions + overly detailed greebling + Power Functions motors!!! B-)  :P I WILL RETURN...

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

who won?

I would like to see their model

The top 3 MOCs from each site have been selected! We cannot reveal them until LEGO receives some information and a release form from each one. BZPower's winners have been contacted via both email and Private Message, so make sure you check to see if you've won!

As soon as LEGO receives the information from all eighteen winners, there will be an official announcement made.

In the meantime, I can reveal the final prizes the the top three from each site will receive:

• The first place winner on each site will get a full set of the 6 Masters and Protectors signed by the designers
  • The second place winner will get a set of 3 Masters and Protectors (LEGO's choice) signed by the designers
  • The third place winner will get the Lord of Skull Spiders signed by the designer
Thanks again everyone who entered! This has been the biggest contest in the history of Bionicle!

Well, that's me out of the running [ :P] [:P] T'was a pleasure to pit my poorly-honed MOCing skills against yours, my friends [;)] [:P]

Same. I've learned a lot from building entries for this competition. I hope my building skills (as well as parts selection) will increase so that next time I can build something that is twice as good as what I built here.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Sad to see that my MOCing skills weren't contest-worthy, but hey, I'm glad to have participated. It was fun getting back into the building groove, and I hope to build a lot more now that more BIONICLE sets will be coming out (and improve my MOCs, too, hehe)

Congratulations to the winners, though, I can't wait until the MOCs are revealed! And thanks to TLG and BZPower for coordinating on this contest, as well as all of the other sites, and thanks to the staff members who ran the contest, too. Without you all we couldn't have the opportunity

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

There were some good creations, though I have noticed quite a few old MOCs from years back posted here (which honestly I consider a too easy and a bit lazy way), not to mention the way too many Makuta MOCs. I'm not saying don't build them, but please take a second to think of an idea before you go "Let me do an obvious thing only I thought of out of the X people who are on this site".  I have feeling that 607 submission quite quickly dropped to 50 and from then on got harder to decide. Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure everyone did their best with their entries, but too many people chose quantity over quality in my opinion. Personally I would've had a rule about the amount of submissions per person, but it doesn't matter now, we just have to wait and see who are the semi-finals then after that the finals.

Yeah, Makuta mocs are really unoriginal. Whoever entered one of those is a total idiot. Heh heh. Yeeeeeeeeeeaaah. 

Hey! I made a Makuta! D=

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

There were some good creations, though I have noticed quite a few old MOCs from years back posted here (which honestly I consider a too easy and a bit lazy way), not to mention the way too many Makuta MOCs. I'm not saying don't build them, but please take a second to think of an idea before you go "Let me do an obvious thing only I thought of out of the X people who are on this site".  I have feeling that 607 submission quite quickly dropped to 50 and from then on got harder to decide. Don't get me wrong here, I'm sure everyone did their best with their entries, but too many people chose quantity over quality in my opinion. Personally I would've had a rule about the amount of submissions per person, but it doesn't matter now, we just have to wait and see who are the semi-finals then after that the finals.

Yeah, Makuta mocs are really unoriginal. Whoever entered one of those is a total idiot. Heh heh. Yeeeeeeeeeeaaah. 

Hey! I made a Makuta! D=

So did I. I think that was a very insensitive comment that person made to those who built a Makuta for their entry, as there were a lot of really cool Makutas built for this contest. I particularly like Shadrahks :)

• Upvote 1

ancientsig.jpg

^^ Clicky the Linky! ^^

I just think there were an awful lot of Makutas, showing just how good a decision it was for them to bring back Makuta in Gen2. 

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...