Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

One question I have a MOC that I have never taken pictures and posted but it is already made, so can I enter a pre-existing MOC?

This may be already in the guide-lines but I feel better asking.

I'm not a staff member, but I'm pretty sure that was confirmed to be okay a couple pages back. (And I see no reason that wouldn't be allowed, or enforced in any way. ^_^ )

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

One question I have a MOC that I have never taken pictures and posted but it is already made, so can I enter a pre-existing MOC?

This may be already in the guide-lines but I feel better asking.

I'm not a staff member, but I'm pretty sure that was confirmed to be okay a couple pages back. (And I see no reason that wouldn't be allowed, or enforced in any way. ^_^ )

That is correct. You can enter a MOC you have already made, even if it was posted online previously. Just make sure it fits the theme!

Are Mindstorms NXT parts (since scanners and stuff have technic holes on 'em) or Mindstorms NXT wires/cables acceptable for use in our builds?

Yes, they are LEGO pieces.

Just out of curiosity, will there be a place where entries can be discussed or can they be discussed here?

If people post topics for their individual entries, you can discuss them in those.

Would it be all right for me to enter the the title of my entrant as " *villain name here* and *monster thing the actual villain is riding's name here*" ?

Yes.

Would it be ok to have the villain riding a rahi?

Yes, but remember the focus is on your villain.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I will definitely be trying this out. I've made a couple of IMO good MOCs this year, so it will be nice to do this again. I once entered a contest a few years ago (involving giant robots or something), it will be cool to compare my entry for this and those of the past; I can see how far I have come in my MOCing skills.

May the most creative noun win!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Can I indicate that certain parts should be of a different color, but I just do not have access to them in the desired color? Or would that just be disregarded?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I wish the gold Mask rewarded was not the skull spider mask :( oh well... a 14 karat gold prize is a 14 karat gold prize so who cares anyway :P

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Here's the tricky part: I've got three MOCs already built for me to choose between that could work for this, but I also feel like building something new... Good thing we can submit multiple entries. :)

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Here's the tricky part: I've got three MOCs already built for me to choose between that could work for this, but I also feel like building something new... Good thing we can submit multiple entries. :)

If you haven't destroyed your Teridax MOC yet, you should probably submit him.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

If you haven't destroyed your Teridax MOC yet, you should probably submit him.

That's the one I was thinking about. I have two others that aren't as good, but they're still kinda creepy-looking.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Hey B6, can you provide any further context for the judging in this contest? Beyond building interest, are they/you looking for set and production inspiration? Do you know if they're looking for a villain that runs in the $10-20 range vs. $60?

• Upvote 1

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Hey B6, can you provide any further context for the judging in this contest? Beyond building interest, are they/you looking for set and production inspiration? Do you know if they're looking for a villain that runs in the $10-20 range vs. $60?

The rules state that you should "build the baddest villain you can imagine." We're looking for just that - make the most impressive MOC that you are capable of. This is a 14k gold mask at stake, so you should pull out all the stops. Its ability to be turned into a set is not part of the judging.
  • Upvote 1

Does complexity mean better chances?

It depends what you mean by 'complexity.' Impressive builds can be smooth and streamlined or very 'greebled' and busy with a lot of detail. The judges all have different preferences that might fall at either extreme or anywhere in between. I suggest you build something that you are proud of and let the judges do the rest.
  • Upvote 3

So um... Can my character be an already canon Bionicle character. Does it have to be unique?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

OK, I broke apart my canon sets, cried inside doing so... And I made my first titan MoC...

ΩOmega PridakΩ

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I'll keep building something different until December 1st. I'll be pushing out as many as possible. I just keep telling my self that there is a chance of winning some sets and gold.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

So um... Can my character be an already canon Bionicle character. Does it have to be unique?

Bionicle characters are fine, as are original characters.

When are the MOCs going to be judged? Just askin' cause I might make some changes to my entry later on.

Judging begins in December; however, you cannot modify an entry once you have submitted it. From the rules:

Entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted, so give us your very best photography right from the start.

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

How does reBrick work?

I have some parts that appeared in both constraction and system sets, most notably this one. Would it count as a constraction part, even though I bought it in a System set to begin with? 

Erm, how does LDD work.. What is "rendering"?

"You may build in LDD, but we will only accept rendered versions of the LDD files."

Does this mean ctrl+K for a screenshot in LDD's view mode, or an LDD model rendered in a animation program like Blender/Mia?

LDD submissions should not have the 'grid line' background. They should be clear images of the model on a clean background (although, as mentioned elsewhere, you are free to edit the background and your image). Tufi and I are not LDD experts, so if you are looking for help on how to do that I suggest you ask your fellow members or search around online.

If you have Photoshop, you can use it to select your model and put it on plain white or any background you choose. 

Or you can use Word's "Remove background" command and paste it into a background in Paint. And I recommend the PrintScreen button over ctrl + k. 

How does reBrick work?

It's a Lego social bookmarking site. You bookmark site pages with images already on them.

A couple updates:

Here is a tutorial for rendering LDD creations, courtesy of our friends at Eurobricks.

Some people were asking if the gold mask comes with the stand. Here's the reply:

The stand is made of materials that are not approved for children; product safety flat turned down a glass bell on top of it. If they get an approved version before it's time to send it out, there will be a stand, but as of right now, it will come nestled in a little velvet-lined box from the jeweler who made it.