A Slightly Different Tale

Taka Nuvia

Love the color in the first comic. Also, cool character concept. ^^ I can't wait to see more, and I always enjoy your art, comics, and colorful sketches. Keep up the good work, and can't wait for more! :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

This is exactly what the Comic Forum needed.Well made Hand Drawn Comics.Your past hand drawn ones were also good, but these seem shorter so I suspect they will go on longer. Which is good.First comic was silly, and the first panel's facial expression was a tad creepy, cha.Second comic was interesting, I liked your take on "carving a comic".And of course, all the wonderful colors.

lovewarconga2.png

Love the color in the first comic. Also, cool character concept. ^^I can't wait to see more, and I always enjoy your art, comics, and colorful sketches. Keep up the good work, and can't wait for more! :)

Thanks a lot ^^

Very nice! Wow, it must have taken you an hour or more for that first comic. Are others going to be in color, or mostly black and white?-- :ruru:

I made it quite a long time ago so I don't exactly remember, but I think it took even longer...Well, I hope most of them will be in colour, with the 2-week schedule I hope it will be achieveable. But I fear that, especially in the more busy times most will be black and white.

Are you going to do all the comics in the style of the intro?If so, -blam- yes.

I sadly don't know.

The "better graphics" part in comic 1 is to die for.I love your style, and the fact that your handwriting is readable. :P Good work.

Thanks, on both. ^^

This is exactly what the Comic Forum needed.Well made Hand Drawn Comics.Your past hand drawn ones were also good, but these seem shorter so I suspect they will go on longer. Which is good.First comic was silly, and the first panel's facial expression was a tad creepy, cha.Second comic was interesting, I liked your take on "carving a comic".And of course, all the wonderful colors.

Aw, thanks. :)I really hope they'll go on longer, really.I guess so, yes... the first face of the comic is always the hardest to draw xD It's kind of like when writing a story - it takes a while to 'get into it'.Haha, thanks, I kind of tried to transfer the comic-making stuff into the Bionicle-universe... kind of ^^Thanks again ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I enjoyed the art (so far [especially in the Intro]) very much, but that's nothing unusual, your art is usually very good. :PHowever, this is the only comic I've seen and enjoyed in a while that was actually high quality. Nice work, and I await the next comic(s).

:)

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

These are cool! I always admire someone who can make what's in their head come out on paper. The only thing I've noticed is when you draw a...a....*Looks up Mask names on BS01*...a Kakama it looks kinda like fins coming off of the wearers face at first, but now that I know its a...a...Kakama was it? it's easier to see.EDIT:... It is a Kakama right?

Edited by King Joe

OMG! I can't belive I haven't replied to this topic yet (I was sure I had).Cool...bright...colors :oYou've improved a lot, it's even better than the old comic! And I loved it.I was kinda hoping for the return of the evil-guy-with-an-Avohkii.Keep it up, BZP needs a good hand-drawn comic, and you're the only one who can make it :D

hidron_nuva_idea.png

• 2 weeks later...

How did I not see this sooner!?Two teeny little things that I saw:In the third panel, with the close up, the nose-ish area of the mask looks tilted at the wrong angle with the eyes. This is probably from slanting the eyebrows, but just thought I'd mention it anyways.Then, in the "More action" panel, the fists look a little disjointed.Also, I love the expression when "Creepy Coat" shows up. :PCan't wait for the next update! :D

Edited by Eeko
jlovfkk.jpg

First: thanks for the comments everyone! This really means a lot to me. :)Second thing: Comic update!The Toa of Powers... yep, it's a comic within a comic. This should also explain the enormous level of abstraction, huh? ;)

Edited by Taka Nuvia

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant. Very refreshing to read hand-drawn work. The introduction comic was really nice - beautiful colors, and your character seems very real and alive, compared to rather dead effect sprites give.

Thanks a lot. ^^Well, the colurs... sadly they really take lots of time, which is why most comics are black and white lineart...

Heh, I actually liked the newest update partly because of its level of abstraction.

:P

~

:b: :i: :m_o: :m: :a: :n: :c: :e: :r:~

That's great and relieving to hear. ^^****A little out-of-schedule update! ^^Toa of Powers - QualificationI guess this was funnier in my head...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not checking out the latest comics sooner - I've been busy, so I forgot to check them. Still, I loved both the new ones - the 'Hai guise' thing was funny. As well, loved 'Qualification'.So far, I like it, Taka. KUTGW! :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I love the "Hai guise i iz a makuta" panel. When I saw it, I immediately thought of the Renaissance Fair and those little horns you can buy. :P-- :ruru:

Yay, thanks. ^^Well, who knows where he got the horns from :rolleyes:

This is great. I love your drawing technique, and your way of story telling. ^_^

Thanks, this means a lot to me! :)

Sorry for not checking out the latest comics sooner - I've been busy, so I forgot to check them. Still, I loved both the new ones - the 'Hai guise' thing was funny. As well, loved 'Qualification'.So far, I like it, Taka. KUTGW! :)

No problem, it's okay. ^^And thanks! :D

• 3 weeks later...

"But it has skulls"LOL. Really fun comics at times, though I am curious... are we going to see any fully colored comics in the future or is it easier without it? I'm not demanding but just curious. Otherwise, it is coming rather nicely in pace and mood.

-Toa Deserok

malum.gif

Banner Proudly made by Maxilos.Bolso.

And also please read my epic "Disgrace Amongst the Skrall and my review topic for it (Clicky), and another short story, Reaping of Sown Sorrows. Another epic of mine, Cold Dawn, is available for reading, as well as reviewing.

Thanks!

"Sometimes what came out was wonderful, and sometimes it wasn't, because human beings do not achieve greatness with every effort. If they did, greatness would be pedestrian."

-Greg Farshtey

I love the last panel in the first comic.Quote: " : D "Best response from an expressionless character. :superlaugh:You've exceptionally improved with your drawing skills. Do you use photoshop for you comics a little, or just scan and post?

Edited by Calvirick

COMIC UPDATE YAY! :happydance:An apologyI'm sorry I've been abandoning this topic, hopefully things will change now. ^^ But hey, I was on holiday and I didn't have a scanner. (and no ruler either ;_; ) hope you can forgive me.The thing with hand-drawn comicsIt's true, to a certain extent. Any similarities with BZPers or their comics are entirely coincidental, and definitely not intended. The only person I'm making fun of in here is myself ;DAnother thing: thanks for the feedback, everyone! It's really heart-warming to read your comments. :)

I like these comics even though they are short. But they are funny. Also the fact that they are hand drawn is always a big plus ^^

I know they're short; but it's easier for me to come up with new stuff that way.And thanks a lot. :)

NON SEQUITUR*ahem*But heh, skulls. Fun comic as usual.

~

:b: :i: :m_o: :m: :a: :n: :c: :e: :r:~

Just wait and see, it'll all make sense soon (hopefully!)But thanks ^^

Kinda the same with me and Dinosaurs. :P

Hee hee :lol:

"But it has skulls"LOL. Really fun comics at times, though I am curious... are we going to see any fully colored comics in the future or is it easier without it? I'm not demanding but just curious. Otherwise, it is coming rather nicely in pace and mood.

-Toa Deserok

Every now and then there will of course be coloured comics. Like in today's update. The thing is just that coloured comes take much longer to be completed. ._.

I love the last panel in the first comic.Quote: " : D "Best response from an expressionless character. :superlaugh:You've exceptionally improved with your drawing skills. Do you use photoshop for you comics a little, or just scan and post?

Haha, thanks. ^^Naw, only for correcting the colour of the scans. The rest is all done by hand. ^^

@ apology comic, You be forgiven. Forget about it!!@ new "story" comic: I know exactly how that feels. It's probably why I don't do much drawing, even though I know that the more I work it the better and closer it will be. Still got a laugh from me!

The thing about hand-drawn comics, heh. XDI've been trying to draw my own comic for longer than I can remember and that's always the thing that's held me back. I finish and step back, completely satisfied. Then I notice one little thing that's off: A character's stance, a wandering eye, a twisted finger. Then I end up just archiving and forgetting about it. Good on you for having the courage (and the perserverance) to keep doing this.Best of luck, and I hope to see more soon! =D

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

All I can say is that your artwork is getting better and Takanuvia is looking finer each time. Anyway, good to see you are back... from being back. Just curious, any chance for cameo's at all in the uncolored comics? I wouldn't mind a spot.

-Toa Deserok

malum.gif

And also please read my epic "Disgrace Amongst the Skrall and my review topic for it (Clicky), and another short story, Reaping of Sown Sorrows. Another epic of mine, Cold Dawn, is available for reading, as well as reviewing.

Thanks!

"Sometimes what came out was wonderful, and sometimes it wasn't, because human beings do not achieve greatness with every effort. If they did, greatness would be pedestrian."

-Greg Farshtey

"Comic update": The reason for delaysNo, it's no story comic. Yes, I am starting with the whole two-of-me thing again. I hope you can enjoy the comic nonetheless. :7(And no, it's not just computer games, actually school's a great factor as well... but I'm currently trying to get rid of a mild addiction, therefore comic. ;] )~~~~~

@ apology comic, You be forgiven. Forget about it!!@ new "story" comic: I know exactly how that feels. It's probably why I don't do much drawing, even though I know that the more I work it the better and closer it will be. Still got a laugh from me!

Thanks :3Well, the comic isn't really 'story', it'S more like on of the random ideas comic-i-fied. ^^But yeah, just keep going. ^^

The thing about hand-drawn comics, heh. XDI've been trying to draw my own comic for longer than I can remember and that's always the thing that's held me back. I finish and step back, completely satisfied. Then I notice one little thing that's off: A character's stance, a wandering eye, a twisted finger. Then I end up just archiving and forgetting about it. Good on you for having the courage (and the perserverance) to keep doing this.Best of luck, and I hope to see more soon! =D

Well, the only thing I can say is this: keep going. I'm not satisfied with what I draw, either. Most of the time, it's just like what you described. Don't let this get you down. ;)And thanks a lot!

All I can say is that your artwork is getting better and Takanuvia is looking finer each time. Anyway, good to see you are back... from being back. Just curious, any chance for cameo's at all in the uncolored comics? I wouldn't mind a spot.

-Toa Deserok

D'aww, thanks.Cameos? As in, one-time GSing? I'm not sure about that yet, but I guess once I'm feeling more comfortable with my own characters and the whole thing, there might be a chance. I can't promise anything, though :S

Well I suppose it's about time I posted, seeing that I've been keeping up with this topic. :)Your drawing style is really nice and easy to see. The shading is smooth and flowing, and it gives the comic a nice effect. My only suggestion is to darken the lines on the sketched comics to make it a little easier to tell the characters apart from the background.I think that the "double you" in the last comic was an interesting effect. It's kind of how I see myself, too. :PI really like the Taka Nuvia's appearance as well. Is she wearing an Ignika or an Avohkii? I'm guessing Avohkii because her name sounds similar to Takanuva. What inspired you to design a character like her? She's very unique.

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

WHY DID I NOT FIND THIS SOONERI just love this comic. It's so pretty and charming. Toa of Powers is officially my hero now.Looking forward to more comics! :biggrin:

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Actually, now that I think about it, what is your main story arch supposed to be about? I only now thought of it and am still guessing between the matoran's artistic story of toa or the actual Takanuvia backstory?

-Toa Deserok

malum.gif

Thanks!

-Greg Farshtey

Actually, now that I think about it, what is your main story arch supposed to be about? I only now thought of it and am still guessing between the matoran's artistic story of toa or the actual Takanuvia backstory?

-Toa Deserok

I think we have yet to wait and see. :)

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

This is great.Your colors are wonderful to behold in a bzp comic, and I applaud your efforts.clapclapclapclapclapThe sense of humor is quite fun, and your pacing is spot on, especially the actual panel sizes and shapes. I enjoy the character designs, and the mask is to die for; I love stylized masks. I really like the different styles of drawings that have progressed through, it really makes it organic and interesting. Also, the shading in the Apology was spot-on.