A Slightly Different Tale

Taka Nuvia

Toa Makuta of Powers ... Shame on you for thinking that Kriya was going to transform you for free. :P

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

Been so long since I posted in here...still as funny as ever, though. Love the latest comic. =D I agree with Phyoohrii, there really should be more comics like this. These so far are very well-drawn, love the jokes, Taka. This latest one is probably my favorite so far - great job! ^^

glad you enjoy them ^^

Toa Makuta of Powers ... Shame on you for thinking that Kriya was going to transform you for free. :P

I know, right? Sometimes he's a bit naïve x3

Making him a Makuta just to have him clean? xDI like these comics, but it might be more impressive if you added colour to them all.-Dwanny

Well why not? xDHeh, yes, they would be... but I don't always have the time/nerves to do a fully-coloured, awesome comic. =/ Sadly.BTW, first comic topic of mine to have over 10 regular comics. xD And it's not over yet!notimpressed.jpg*personal milestone yay*

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Aww, yes, you should be proud! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Oh look, the forums are back. That's good, because I've had the comic prepared for a few days already...12 - Toa of Powers: RegretThis one definitely fits in the 'melodramatic filler' category. Not my best in terms of storytelling, yes. But I said there'd be more drama. So, drama. ^^And then there's also an explanation for the black and white styleYep. It's a silly excuse. That's what Taka thinks as well. :lol:

Aww, yes, you should be proud! ^_^

Whee, thanks a lot <3

Awesome job! I like how the 'makuta' of powers is realizing things as the comics progress. It gives him more human characteristics as he realizes mistakes he has made and problems he is facing.I also like your explanation comic. I never knew it was suppose to be a comic within a comic. Its amazing what color can do for a comic, and lately you've been demonstrating it. I feel that the Toa of Powers comics having no color is a great idea. Its worked quite well recently for the ToP comics because it gives that dark feel to the comics.I liked the little dialogue the characters in the comic made too. XP (I'm also quite impressed at how detailed you still were able to make Takanuvia in the last panel considering how small the panel looks.)Nice job and keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

"I hate you." :PI love it when the characters acklowedge the author. Like Taka and you. The last panel in the explination comic was pretty good, too. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I liked turnabout of the "Toa of Powers" story. You can never get status by listening to the evil one, only more trouble and misery (being forcing into cleaning jobs and feeling miserable).I like the Makuta-robot lady in the last explanation panel. Is she supposed to represent your conscience? :)Anyway, stopping by this comic is always a treat. Many praise to you.

I like the Makuta-robot lady in the last explanation panel. Is she supposed to represent your conscience? :)

That's actually Taka Nuvia. The star of these comics, and the Bionicle persona of the real girl behind Taka Nuvia.

I like the Makuta-robot lady in the last explanation panel. Is she supposed to represent your conscience? :)

That's actually Taka Nuvia. The star of these comics, and the Bionicle persona of the real girl behind Taka Nuvia.
I was referring to that panel specifically, in which the Bionicle persona Taka Nuvia is talking to the real-girl form of Taka Nuvia. That's a literal view of the representation in that panel. But since we have divided Taka Nuvia into two representations, I am asking if the Bionicle representation of Taka Nuvia represents the real-life Taka Nuvia's conscience in this particular instance.

Awesome job! I like how the 'makuta' of powers is realizing things as the comics progress. It gives him more human characteristics as he realizes mistakes he has made and problems he is facing.I also like your explanation comic. I never knew it was suppose to be a comic within a comic. Its amazing what color can do for a comic, and lately you've been demonstrating it. I feel that the Toa of Powers comics having no color is a great idea. Its worked quite well recently for the ToP comics because it gives that dark feel to the comics.I liked the little dialogue the characters in the comic made too. XP (I'm also quite impressed at how detailed you still were able to make Takanuvia in the last panel considering how small the panel looks.)Nice job and keep up the good work,~Soran

Thanks a lot! =DI guessed it would be so. I mean, I did have a character mention "The toa of Powers" (Second comic, third panel), but due to the comics coming out with somewhat of a break between them, I can't expect everyone to remember every word a character ever said... so glad to hear it was of help. x3The panel is about 4cm x 4cm tall IRL. (or rather, 'small' xD)And thanks a lot! =D I've always enjoyed scribbling small things...

"I hate you." :PI love it when the characters acklowedge the author. Like Taka and you. The last panel in the explination comic was pretty good, too. :biggrin:

Well thanks a lot :biggrin:

Amazing work as always. :) I love it when you break the fourth wall, it's only there to be leaned on anyway. :PI really like where you're going with Toa Makuta of Powers, I am a little scared to see what he'll do next!~PG~

Fourth walls as real borders are overrated xPThankies! ^^

I liked turnabout of the "Toa of Powers" story. You can never get status by listening to the evil one, only more trouble and misery (being forcing into cleaning jobs and feeling miserable).[...]Anyway, stopping by this comic is always a treat. Many praise to you.

Indeed, indeed. And if you do, you must'Ve been pretty evil yourself, anyway xDThanks!(also, I edited your quote because the question will be answered within the next paragraph ^^)

[...]That's actually Taka Nuvia. The star of these comics, and the Bionicle persona of the real girl behind Taka Nuvia.

Star? I'd rather refer to myself as a narrator. xD Feeling falttered, though.

I was referring to that panel specifically, in which the Bionicle persona Taka Nuvia is talking to the real-girl form of Taka Nuvia. That's a literal view of the representation in that panel.But since we have divided Taka Nuvia into two representations, I am asking if the Bionicle representation of Taka Nuvia represents the real-life Taka Nuvia's conscience in this particular instance.
I am so glad the question finally came up. Because I've realized that the two personifications* I use in my comics represent different aspect of my (real me this time) personality.*In the following I shall refer to them as Chibime and Taka-me. Not the best names, but otherwise I'll get confused.Generally it's rather easy. Taka-me represents the rational, logical side, and Chibime the creative, emotional aspects. Which makes Taka-me capable of using sarcasm, and Chibime the person behind all drawings.Taka-me is mature, Chibime sometimes childish.I guess you see the pattern...so yes, technically Taka-me does represent my (real me) conscience in that panel....Split personality much? :lol:Edit: fixed the link and a grammar mistake; what was I thinking when I originally wrote this post ;n; Edited by Taka Nuvia

I liked turnabout of the "Toa of Powers" story. You can never get status by listening to the evil one, only more trouble and misery (being forcing into cleaning jobs and feeling miserable).[...]Anyway, stopping by this comic is always a treat. Many praise to you.

Indeed, indeed. And if you do, you must'Ve been pretty evil yourself, anyway xDThanks!
Once upon at a time, in a far distant past, fishers64 did lots of evil. She has since reformed her way. :)

I was referring to that panel specifically, in which the Bionicle persona Taka Nuvia is talking to the real-girl form of Taka Nuvia. That's a literal view of the representation in that panel.But since we have divided Taka Nuvia into two representations, I am asking if the Bionicle representation of Taka Nuvia represents the real-life Taka Nuvia's conscience in this particular instance.
I am so glad the question finally came up. Because I've realized that the two personifications* I use in my comics represent different aspect of my (real me this time) personality.*In the following I shall refer to them as Chibime and Taka-me. Not the best names, but otherwise I'll get confused.Generally it's rather easy. Taka-me represents the rational, logical side, and Chibime the creative, emotional aspects. Which makes Taka-me capable of using sarcasm, and Chibime the person behind all drawings.Taka-me is mature, Chibime sometimes childish.I guess you see the pattern...so yes, technically Taka-me does represent my (real me) conscience in that panel....Split personality much? :lol:
Who, me? No, not really, although I can see the logical-emotional conflict within myself, but not enough to give each kind a character. I like that you have done that, however - it's quite entertaining. It's just something I can relate to, so that's why I noted the pattern. :)

Who, me? No, not really, although I can see the logical-emotional conflict within myself, but not enough to give each kind a character. I like that you have done that, however - it's quite entertaining. It's just something I can relate to, so that's why I noted the pattern. :)

No, no, I meant myself with the split personality thingie... ah well. xD Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Darn makuta.I really like the character development in the characters. The makuta (whose name escapes me) is very devious. I like that. I'm starting to wonder what this plan is she has... Very mysterious...Nice job on the comic and keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Hmm, even Toa/Makuta of Powers looks peaceful while he sleeps.It's a really cute pose, Taka. ^_^

The plot thicken! -le gasp-Still loving the art style. Kinda miss the comic author though. XP

Oh don't worry, he will be playing a bigger role again after the ToP arch ;) I have not forgotten about him... or Xaria...

Darn makuta.I really like the character development in the characters. The makuta (whose name escapes me) is very devious. I like that. I'm starting to wonder what this plan is she has... Very mysterious...Nice job on the comic and keep up the good work,~Soran

There's development? O= Makes me really really glad to hear that! ^^According to her own words in comic 9, her name's Kriya. If that's her real name is still a mystery, though.Same goes for the plan ;)Thank you! ^^

Hmm, even Toa/Makuta of Powers looks peaceful while he sleeps.It's a really cute pose, Taka. ^_^

He, sure. I wonder what he's dreaming about... ^^And thanks!

Uh oh... what sort of diabolical plot awaits him? Evidently it involves him sleeping past a reasonable hour. ;)

That's an excellent question, which hopefully will be answered with the next one or two comics ^^

Hm... Interesting. Maybe his Toa senses are tingling or something.I like the new shading it looks nice. I also like the expressions you captured in the comic. They look great!Nice job on the comics and keep up the great work,~Soran

Uh-oh ... Looks like something went wrong, Kriya.I'm wondering if his powers might be too much for a Makuta to control ...

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while; longer than two weeks. I'm sorry. D:15 - Finally asleepOriginally I had a longer comic planned, but my hands were so freaking shaky today...Remember, shaky hands + coffe + listening to Alestorm = bad ideaAnyways, there are so many drawing mistakes for 3 panels it's a shame :/ Consistency issues, too... but I experimented with the shading - this time done with a marker. ^^

Hm... Interesting. Maybe his Toa senses are tingling or something.I like the new shading it looks nice. I also like the expressions you captured in the comic. They look great!Nice job on the comics and keep up the great work,~Soran
It shall be revealed soon. I hope. ^^Thanks, drawing expressions is fun. :biggrin:
Uh-oh ... Looks like something went wrong, Kriya.I'm wondering if his powers might be too much for a Makuta to control ...
Heh, right... or not?
Kriya hath underestimated our powerful friend... :biggrin: Good job - the black colored pencil makes it especially creepy.
Probably. Or she's just new to all that evil-doing business, who knows...
Now we'll see the extent of Makuta of Power's new power! And I love the shading, it really adds a darker tone to the expressions. :)
Not yet. D: I know I have a habit of post-poning things/saving them for later...Thanks for the feedback, guys. You're awesome. :) Edited by Demon Jester

I like the new shading/coloring style, the markers look really cool. I also didn't really notice any inconsistency besides just the body stripes she has in the first and last panel, but it wasn't a major one. It took me a while to actually spot it. The way you can turn what looks like stick figure toa/makuta/matoran into a work of art is amazing. The way you used the shading for the facial expressions was also quite awesome. The facial expressions themselves could also really tell the story even without text, they really match what I believe it would really be like. The wings are also fantastic as usual. I also didn't really mind it being short. Awesome job on the comic, and keep up the great work~Soran

Well, decided to read them. They're all short, so I was able to read all of them just now! Of note is that arc with the Toa of Powers and Kriya. Reminds me a bit of a movie I saw once, with the slavery and all that.Very mysterious with why she wants him asleep, seeing as he's already her personal slave.Oh, and you're excellent at facial expression in drawings, which ironically is my greatest weakness in drawings. I'll be checking back for updates, this is interesting!

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hm. No, no comic update yet, but it should be up within the next day or two. I'm still contemplating the art style.Ink pen only? Ink pen and markers? Ballpoint pen plus markers?test_panel.jpg< the latter would look like this, Not sure, not sure...

I like the new shading/coloring style, the markers look really cool. I also didn't really notice any inconsistency besides just the body stripes she has in the first and last panel, but it wasn't a major one. It took me a while to actually spot it. The way you can turn what looks like stick figure toa/makuta/matoran into a work of art is amazing. The way you used the shading for the facial expressions was also quite awesome. The facial expressions themselves could also really tell the story even without text, they really match what I believe it would really be like. The wings are also fantastic as usual. I also didn't really mind it being short.Awesome job on the comic, and keep up the great work~Soran
Thank you! =DOh, but there is. The proportions of her face vary a bit, especially n the last panel. And there's more. But maybe I'm the only one who sees that... O.oHeh, I am really glad to hear that the stick figure style works, and doesn't look too... simple. Which IMO it did in the first handful of comics... :/Faces are fun to draw. ^^Thanks again :)
Well, decided to read them. They're all short, so I was able to read all of them just now! Of note is that arc with the Toa of Powers and Kriya. Reminds me a bit of a movie I saw once, with the slavery and all that.Very mysterious with why she wants him asleep, seeing as he's already her personal slave.Oh, and you're excellent at facial expression in drawings, which ironically is my greatest weakness in drawings.I'll be checking back for updates, this is interesting!
Glad you did so. =D And that you enjoyed them.... I wouldn't call it slavery, actually. I mean, yes, she's taking advantage of him, but she has her reasons for that... ah well.*coughIwouldlovetotellyoubutIhavetogetaroundmakingthenextcomicswhichwillhopefullyexplainitalreadycough*Thanks a lot =DWell that would be really great. ^^

Whoa, you're back! And you've been steadily going! How awesome is that, amirite?Although I have to say, I could swear that this is the third time I've posted here, but I guess I haven't at all? That's kind of odd...Anyhow, your art is as brilliant as always. I love your use of shadows and blacks, they really make your style stand out from the other hand drawn comics around here. They've been making a resurgence lately, I've noticed. Good to see.Hope you keep on making these. See you around.

Go ink pen. Just that little picture you posted looks great in it of itself. And I'm sure you're using those expensive ones, unless you've been a better cheap shopper then I have been. ON TOPIC: This girl character is really mean. You seem to enjoy combining the deep contrast between a sweet character and a dark character. In other words, stop being so good at the spooky genre. >:C HAHA!

... okaaay, maybe I should cut back on predictions as to when the next comic will be up ;n;Anyways, it's time for an update, and finally one that's longer than three panels... enjoy16 - ToP: Mindgames *... And because IMO conscience is the most adorable ittle-wittle critter ever, here's an additional chibi drawing of him:chibi_conscience_t.jpg< click to enlarge (525 x 568 pixel, ~131 kB)*oh and there's a hidden reference in panel 2, I wonder if anyone gets it? xD

Whoa, you're back! And you've been steadily going! How awesome is that, amirite?Although I have to say, I could swear that this is the third time I've posted here, but I guess I haven't at all? That's kind of odd...Anyhow, your art is as brilliant as always. I love your use of shadows and blacks, they really make your style stand out from the other hand drawn comics around here. They've been making a resurgence lately, I've noticed. Good to see.Hope you keep on making these. See you around.
Heh, thank you; it is indeed awesome :DHey, I'm happy about any post I get; but true, I thought I'd seen you post in here, too... ah well, better late than never, right? ^^Thank you. Yes, it's getting more and more comfortable for me; so I'm glad it turns out fine. ^^Yep, and it's good to see I'm not the only one who draws their comics by hand.Sure do. See you! =D
Go ink pen. Just that little picture you posted looks great in it of itself.And I'm sure you're using those expensive ones, unless you've been a better cheap shopper then I have been.ON TOPIC: This girl character is really mean. You seem to enjoy combining the deep contrast between a sweet character and a dark character. In other words, stop being so good at the spooky genre. >:C HAHA!
Mhm, the pen(s) I'm using for the comics are the PITT artist pens by Faber-Castell; I just looove the brush tip...and some Staedtler ink pens for the linearts.Aw, I still don't think she's mean, but I guess I agree with the cute vs. spooky part. Which is also the reason why I had much fun when coming up with her... yep.Thanks a lot! =D
Amazing work as always! :) It's only going to get worse for Makuta of Powers from here, isn't it? :P
Thaaaank youuu =DYes, it is, you guessed that right. It's gonna get very, veeery bad. :evilbiggrin:

Just coming in to say that I've been following every update from the beginning, I've just never had a lot to say beyond well done.(That's sorta what I imagine the inside of my mind looks like sometimes. Quirky but distinctly morbid. : D )Anyways, just wanted to say that I enjoy this series and despite my lack of replies, I look forward to seeing you continue! The slow update schedule is fine IMO. It makes it way easier to catch up if I'm without a computer for a week or something, so don't worry!

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I think Kriya's in more trouble than Makuta of Powers. Who knows what he's gonna do when he wakes up? :P

Amazing work as always! :) It's only going to get worse for Makuta of Powers from here, isn't it? :P
Thaaaank youuu =DYes, it is, you guessed that right. It's gonna get very, veeery bad. :evilbiggrin:
As if it could get any worse. Still, I imagine his cute conscience will do his best at what consciences do - torture. Edited by fishers64

Sorry, no comic update yet; but another one - I finally decided to replace the old poster thingie with a new, darker one. Which IMO is more fitting, anyway... and I hope it's not too scary ^^'Link

Yikes! He has it worse than I could have thought!... I won't deny that his conscience looks adorable though. :P
Yay, glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks that way ^^
Just coming in to say that I've been following every update from the beginning, I've just never had a lot to say beyond well done.(That's sorta what I imagine the inside of my mind looks like sometimes. Quirky but distinctly morbid. : D )Anyways, just wanted to say that I enjoy this series and despite my lack of replies, I look forward to seeing you continue! The slow update schedule is fine IMO. It makes it way easier to catch up if I'm without a computer for a week or something, so don't worry!
It's nice to hear from you again, and that these aren't boring you to death :DThank you! ^^
I think Kriya's in more trouble than Makuta of Powers. Who knows what he's gonna do when he wakes up? :P
Not sure. I think they're equally in trouble right now... ^^
As if it could get any worse. Still, I imagine his cute conscience will do his best at what consciences do - torture.
... not sure about this, actually O.o
Conscience? Possibly because he foolishly went after glory and power? That needle...what's she doing?Big update, and yet a huge cliffhanger at the same time. Wow.
Kriya's probably giving him more stuff to keep him... sedated. Asleep. Whatever. :notsure:Yeah. Cliffhangers are fun =P

I like the detail in his face. It gives it a sorta more creepy, more serious look to it. :)