A Slightly Different Tale

Taka Nuvia

• 5 weeks later...
badconscience_s.jpg

I know, I know, it's been ages since the last update, and I'm really sorry, but my motivation had sorta... disappeared after the mini-downtime. Ah well, I'm back with a new comics, and I hope you enjoy it. :317 - Prophecy?... I know it's weird :/

I like the detail in his face. It gives it a sorta more creepy, more serious look to it. :)
Thank you! =D Well I thought it would be fun to do a more 'creepy' version of the Toa if Powers, because usually the comics themselves tend to be rather... ridiculous compared to what I originally had in mind. Not that I don't like the development, but yeah, in a way the header was inspired by the way I originally wanted the mini-arc to turn out like. ^_^
I like the new header. I wouldn't say it's scary, but definately a little unsettling (the good kind though) and builds a sense of eager anticipation. :)
Glad you like it! =DI realized that having my very own alter-ego in the header might be a bit misleading, since the comics are (currently) focusing on someone else entirely... yeah. xD
This... is quite awesome.I love how the toa of powers series has evolved from a little stick figure thing to this. Thank god I started reading these as it has started to go into this direction.
Thank you, and I hope you'll keep on reading/enjoying these, even though I don't update that often ^^'

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 4 weeks later...

After what feels like an eternity I am once again back with a comic update... looks like I totally deserve the title of 'laziest comic artist in AWIII', huh? ._."18 - The trouble with plotsand no, I am totally not poking fun at my very own way of 'storytelling' sarcastic.gifAnyways, as you can see, this is a fully coloured update. ^^What else there is to say?Oh right, I completely messed up the last panel ;n;

you see... omg you see... the future
Kind of. ;)
I think the harrowing intent of the comic was ruined due to the fact that I read the conscience's rhyme in the tune of that Willy Wonka song.
... that was absolutely not intended, but I hope it was at least entertaining. xD

Awkward moments. Awesomeness. Wow, Kriya is up to more than enslavement? This is why you NEVER TRUST A MAKUTA. XDAand the thinly veiled apology comic! That was funny, though. Your coloring skills are great, whenever I try to hand-color I just make a mess of the drawing. Nice work.Also, the conscience in the fourth panel was hilarious.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I can relate to the comic author ... completely ...And I wish my conscience was that funny! :P

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...
19 [iNTERLUDE] an announcement... this was actually drawn while going by underground train. For those 30 minutes are the only time during the day where I both have the time, and also the creative energy to do something. ><Or rather, the first row of panels was drawn then. The rest was added in between lectures. ._.So art-wise, that's what you'll have to expect...IMPORTANT: this does not mean that the Toa of Powers arc won't be completed. But the story requires more 'advanced'/'epic' updates, which I just can't do right now... therefore, fillers. First one of them should be up this week already. Thanks for your understanding. :)
Oh man... Conscience in that fourth panel...Also, you are totally poking fun at your very own way of storytelling.
Conscience, due to being not an actual 'person', is very well aware of the 4th wall =PNo, I am totally not! :P
Awkward moments. Awesomeness. Wow, Kriya is up to more than enslavement? This is why you NEVER TRUST A MAKUTA. XDAand the thinly veiled apology comic! That was funny, though. Your coloring skills are great, whenever I try to hand-color I just make a mess of the drawing. Nice work.Also, the conscience in the fourth panel was hilarious.
apology? Where? =O Oh, that...Thank you! =D Yeah, colouring is fun - but more importantly, a matter of practise, just as everything...^^
Re-read them all. I loved the hooded one in the first comic (Death?)Anyway, using emoticons for what they are thinking is awesome.Oh, and his conscious makes me laugh, he amuses me.
Nope, the hooded character is actuallyn "Creepy Coat" which means he's just exactly that: a coat floating around leaving sarcastic remarks. My sis came up with him, and allowed me to use him occasionally. ^^And glad to hear that! =D
Aaaah, the suspence is killing me! :PWhat's Kryia up to? It's just like in TV series xDAnother awesome update ^^This time in with colour :biggrin:Seriously, I love how you colour, and you get better day by day!...loved Conscience towards the end xD
Haha, no... the plot is far too simple for a tv series. :PBut thanks, I feel honoured x3Mhm... sadly I fear it will be the last of that kind of a while D:thanks again :3Apparently that is the best part of the comic =P
I can relate to the comic author ... completely ...And I wish my conscience was that funny! :P
Glad to hear that! =DYeah, me too. Mine just gives me sleepless nights... ._.

• 4 weeks later...

Art wise: I think your coming close to that border where you're finally able to keep your style the same as the panels change. IDK if that makes any sense to you. HAHA!Oh and that comic where you dig your story line and end with ";^;" made me laugh out loud. No joke...

• 1 month later...

20 - Rise

Aaaaaaaand now, when you all aren't expecting me to even think about this anymore - COMIC update. Regular story one. And fairly... epic, if I dare to say so myself. Actually the second attempt at this part of the story, and it flows so much better now. :3

Hope it's not too dark/scary, though. :S

Okay, I know the character in the comic who writes The Toa of Powers (I still find it funny that that title is one word off from my old username, XP) has so far written about simple stuff, but this new comic is actually sounding interesting. If I existed in this comic-verse, I would totally pick up the next issue. XP

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

• 2 months later...

Always the same (whew I really hope you can read my handwriting ^^")

Another comic update? Is anyone even reading those anymore xD Well.

Alternate title: "Apology comic the 100th - now with zombies!"

...zombietopic.jpgbecause reasons. :3

Okay, I know the character in the comic who writes The Toa of Powers (I still find it funny that that title is one word off from my old username, XP) has so far written about simple stuff, but this new comic is actually sounding interesting. If I existed in this comic-verse, I would totally pick up the next issue. XP

a mere coincidence, I swear xD But yeah, sooner or later that always happens... among other things, of course ^^"

• 4 weeks later...

I love the art style of your comics.There is just something about your art that I like, even though some can get a bit grim and dark, its still amazing. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who draws by hand when it comes to comics. Keep drawing on my friend

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am here to officially announce the continuation of ASDT! huggle.gif

To celebrate, there's not one, but two comics. Hope you enjoy, and any feedback is greatly appreciated, as always. :)

Comics:

21 - TOP: Merrily merrily

22 - Seriously?!

E: fixed a link

Edited by Taka Nuvia
  • Upvote 1

Yay updates!

Unoriginality aside, I actually really like that twist, to be honest, though a TOP retcon might be interesting. I was actually excited to see a Makuta of Powers, but on the other hand, I liked TOP as he was. I feel like, if it was to be a dream, it should have shown more of MOP before he woke up.

Once again, yay updates!

Maybe now there will finally be significant activity again in the comics forum...

• Upvote 1

bBhcfWO.png

• 2 weeks later...

And here we go with the next comic! =D

23 - ToP: You wish

It's a bit huge, but ah well, I couldn't do it in fewer panels. Sorry. :|

~~~

Yay updates!

Unoriginality aside, I actually really like that twist, to be honest, though a TOP retcon might be interesting. I was actually excited to see a Makuta of Powers, but on the other hand, I liked TOP as he was. I feel like, if it was to be a dream, it should have shown more of MOP before he woke up.

Once again, yay updates!

Maybe now there will finally be significant activity again in the comics forum...

Yay feedback! =D

Ah, no worries - there should still be plenty of ToP (or MoP, if you prefer that.)

I just wanted to put an "it was all a dream!" in there because it is kind of a cliché plot twist, and one I was way too fond of when I was seven years old, thus used in every other story. ^^

But yeah, updates. :)

Well, I certainly chose the best time to check back up here. I've always admired your handiwork in pencil shading and the atmosphere you're able to pull off with them. The added color is also a welcome addition.

Thanks a lot. :3

I wish I could do coloured comics more often, but they just take forever to finish. D:

I like the almost haphazard arrangement of the panels in comic 22. Despite this, it still reads quite easily and logically.

Welcome back to the forum!

...I guess I see what you mean. Glad it's still readable. ^^"

And thank you! :3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seriously considering changing the schedule to 3 weeks. Argh. Anyway:

uncooperativecomic25_bzp.jpg

Additionally, IRL stuff and other things are keeping me super-busy, but that sounds like excuses again, so I'll stop right here. Sorry again. :<

~

I really like the "scratchy" look of the arms, legs, and hands. Evil indeed.

Thank you! =)

• 8 months later...