Differences in packaging and/or content (regional, etc.)

scyther_grovyle

Hello,

i know that there were several differences in packaging and so for bionicles. Like that some sets have the piece counts written on the box and others don't. That Metru canisters can have glitters or not. That there were several special editions with various added cd's/collectibles for a limited time. And also i have just found out that my hordika canisters come in several different colors AND two different molds. So does anybody know anything more on this broad subject?

My hordika canisters:

no piece count - 10 big and 8 small pegs on the underside - light grey/gunmetal

yes piece count - 10 big and 8 small pegs on the underside - dark grey/gunmetal

yes piece count - 10 small and 8 big pegs on the underside - medium grey/gunmetal

Now check yours ;)

International packaging does not have piece counts and has multiple languages on the back for the warnings and whatnot. I traveled to Asia for the sole purpose if finding differently packaged Bionicles in 2007. I managed to get Kalmah, Avak, Hakann, and Dekar. I also got Chi Razar and Furno Jet Machine in Asia this year. All have no piece count and different languages.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr

International packaging does not have piece counts and has multiple languages on the back for the warnings and whatnot. I traveled to Asia for the sole purpose if finding differently packaged Bionicles in 2007. I managed to get Kalmah, Avak, Hakann, and Dekar. I also got Chi Razar and Furno Jet Machine in Asia this year. All have no piece count and different languages.

I'd just like to point out that here in Europe we don't get piece count on packaging either.

It's time to move on.

I think the artwork is always the same, but yes other regions omit piece count and a lot of safety hazard stuff. I think in certain areas they don't have to provide those details for toys like in North America and other regions that do. 

Also, there is alternate packaging depending on promos too. I know Vahki canisters during the Vahi promotion clearly promoted it on the canister art itself. Same with Shadow Kraata of 03, and promo CD's on select canister sets. Finally, I didn't get what the whole sparkly Toa Metru canisters were about. Why was that?

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

My Metru Nui - City of Legends book seems to have a different cover than what I see online...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The link doesn't want to paste for some reason.

So basically my book's cover has the cover seen on BS01, but on amazon, and several other sites, the book cover is different, instead showing an aerial view of Metru Nui.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The link doesn't want to paste for some reason.

So basically my book's cover has the cover seen on BS01, but on amazon, and several other sites, the book cover is different, instead showing an aerial view of Metru Nui.

Ah some of the covers online have never been updated from the placeholder images.

See Time Trap and Mask of Light. You can usually tell if they are prelims if there is that yellow tag in the corner. Like sets, book covers aren't finalized till way later but they still have to give the retailers an image so it tends to be different by the time of release. :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Oh that's cool with the books. Do you know where i could get all the preliminary book art?

I found this Brickshelf Gallery, which has some prelims as well as different book covers for different regions but I don't know if there is a comprehensive gallery solely for showing off the prelims. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg