Making fanart, need ideas.

ThatRandomMatoran

Alright so I've been wanting to get back into art recently and upon discovering that Bionicle was returning (thank the lord) I thought my first steps into digital art should be of my favorite childhood toys. Basically I'm asking for ideas on what KIND of Bionicle I should draw, meaning what mask, gear, model typre, and possibly abackstory the character should have. At the moment I will not be attempting to draw anything other than matoran or agori (preferably matoran) so keep that in mind when suggesting things. Also, if you have a figure build that goes with your idea, please post a pic! Reference material is a great help when it comes to these things. Thank you for the help and may Mata Nui watch over you all! I shall eagerly await your responses.

Hey, ThatRandomMatoran! Welcome to BZPower! First of all, member-created artwork generally goes in the Artwork forums. But, threads discussing artwork ideas, works in progress or sneak peaks are unfortunately prohibited unless otherwise noted by a staff member (the exception is the Fan Created Media and Comics forums). :\ Here is the rule stating so:

* No project-planning topics.
You may ask for guest stars and helpers in your signature, however, and of course you may plan projects by PM/IM/etc. Also note that major fan project planning discussion may be tolerable in topics that feature some of the artwork produced "so far" -- see below for more.

Here's what you can do to get some feedback, though:

1. Ask for feedback in your signature.
2. Purchase Premier Membership and ask for suggestions on your blog.

Hope you enjoy your time here! :)

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

Hey, ThatRandomMatoran! Welcome to BZPower! First of all, member-created artwork generally goes in the Artwork forums. But, threads discussing artwork ideas, works in progress or sneak peaks are unfortunately prohibited unless otherwise noted by a staff member (the exception is the Fan Created Media and Comics forums). :\ Here is the rule stating so:

* No project-planning topics.

You may ask for guest stars and helpers in your signature, however, and of course you may plan projects by PM/IM/etc. Also note that major fan project planning discussion may be tolerable in topics that feature some of the artwork produced "so far" -- see below for more.

Here's what you can do to get some feedback, though:

1. Ask for feedback in your signature.

2. Purchase Premier Membership and ask for suggestions on your blog.

Hope you enjoy your time here! :)

-Rez

Ah ok! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to check that out then! But just to make sure, is it ok to do this on the fan created media forums? Or will I need moderator permissions?

• Upvote 1

Ah ok! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to check that out then! But just to make sure, is it ok to do this on the fan created media forums? Or will I need moderator permissions?

No problem. :) You are allowed to post works in progress (this is referring to video games) in the Fan Created Media forum as long as you have proof that you're working on them--meaning a demo or very descriptive screenshots (you may want to check with a staff to make sure the screenshots are enough to validate a topic). Similarly, you are also allowed to post video trailers for videos/movies you may be working on. Check out this post for more information.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

If you're short on ideas, and you have a Deviantart/Tumblr account, you should join the Bionicle Art Squad. There's weekly challenges, and they accept any form of art. I've had fun with it for the last few weeks.

Otherwise, there's plenty of scenery, Rahi, Toa, Matoran, Turaga, etc. to draw in the storyline, so you can always pick your favorite or one that sounds fun to draw. Usually, I just draw whatever I get a good idea for.

• 2 weeks later...