How well do you know the Matoran Alphabet?

Boidoh

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to be able to read it as fluently as English. Although I'm not quite as good as I used to be, I'm still extremely good at deciphering it. As of now, I can read words spelled in the Matoran alphabet like it's nobodies business. But still not as good as I used to.   

:k: :n: :m_o: :w:     :m: :y:     :m_p: :m_o: :w: :e: :r:

I'm faster at writing than reading.

I read that as "Know my power" in about 6 seconds. However, I could have wrote that in 3 seconds...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Dang it, I always write the Y backwards...

anyway, I used to have it memorized so thoroughly that I could read and write it as quickly and fluently as regular english. This was around 2005/6 -- by '09 I started slipping and now I have to concentrate a little bit harder to decipher it

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

I prefer the Voya Nui K, to the universal Metru Nui K.

Edited by Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

I accidentally memorized it when it first came out and have always been able to read and write it very fluently :P

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Extremely well. During the early years of Bionicle the alphabet was engraved in my mind for good and I haven't forgotten it since. I know all the symbols by heart, but I still read them slower than normal text. However, I haven't needed actual translation for years.

While I can't read it as fast as regular words, I can usually translate the letters fairly quickly, as most of the letters in the Matoran Alphabet are very similar to what English letter they represent...

A= :a:

D= :m_d:

L= :l:

T= :t:

So if you just understand how they transformed the letters into the circle-line-thing-shapes, then it's not that hard to figure out.

Basically this. And while I can read it with ease, writing it out is sometimes hard for me.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I'm able to write it pretty much as quickly as I can write the two languages I know, bar a few select letters that might make me pause for an extra second. Same goes for reading, though I do think I'm faster at writing it than reading it, somehow. 

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Well, for one, it isn't a second language.

Its just simply whatever language you're used to with different glyphs.

I know it between quite well to extremely well.

There are only one or two letters that I'm not all too sure of, but otherwise I can just read it.

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

A few letters, as in the most obvious ones (apart from 'O', that is.) since I haven't used it for ages...might actually re-learn it at some point, though, if I have an hour to spare... if I find that chart from the old Bionicle website again, which has to be somewhere on my computer... :/

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I can still read and write in it pretty fast. Just something I picked up and now like to use every now and then

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Only phrase I need to know is   :l: :m_o: :v: :e:   :i: :s: :n: :t:   :c: :a: :n: :m_o: :n:

Last time I knew the alphabet really well was probably sometime in the early to mid 2000s. It's kind of a pain to write, but it's convenient when you have it as a typeface.

Love isn't canon. :P

Also to everybody else that doesn't know, besides the extra letters seen on BS01, there are TWO extra letters for some other language, and ONE different variation of the A with the little circle on top.