The calm before the storm

Taka Nuvia

hahliinika_t.jpg

click thumbnail for full picture, or click here

~403 kB

So. Hahli Inika, in a slightly different incarnation this time. Her armour was inspired by real armour, the mask is supposed to be semi-organic, kind of half-fused to her head, as that is how I understood things worked back when I first read about the Toa Inika.

I know this drawing has a few issues (e.g. everything below the knees), but I'm still happy with the way it turned out - it's been ages since my last 'proper' Bionicle fanart.

Ink pen, coloured pencils.

• Upvote 4

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Cool stuff. I feel like I've seen something like her mask somewhere - did something in particular inspire this interpretation?

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Cool stuff. I feel like I've seen something like her mask somewhere - did something in particular inspire this interpretation?

Can't exactly think of a particular inspiration right now - but it's very possible that something from the countless SciFi-shows I've watched crept in there. :shrugs: Probably some alien from somewhere.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Yay, more art by you! ^_^

It's always good seeing Hahli Inika in all her feminity.

The first thing that catches the eye is the colour, from smooth to vibrant - as I keep saying you're awesome at colouring!

It's a difficult pose to portray but you did very well, there's a lot of dynamism in the arms/shoulders. The figure is proportione and balanced.

The design of the armor is interesting, I can recognize some elements from the set while others are new and original. I have to agree with Wazdakka, there's something familiar about the mask but I couldn't tell what it reminds me of :shrugs:

Very cool! As said, I love seeing more art from you!

• Upvote 1

hidron_nuva_idea.png