Cheese

believe victims

Let's talk cheese. What cheese do you like to eat? What cheeses do you recommend? Spot any hot cheese deals lately? What's the deal with fondue? All these questions and more can be discussed in the Cheese Topic.

Me? I tend towards cheddar. To me, it is the classic cheese. But of course, you can't go wrong with a little...

vCoz78n.jpg

AMERICAN.

• Upvote 3

agh...

Haven't had a good cheese for like, what now... Two months? Three? I can't remember...

I come from a household that doesn't use a lot of cheese in the food, so it's a treat when I can get a good, strong cheese. It's been so long that I've forgotten what I like, but generally, I like the firmer, stronger stuff.

EDIT: oh hey, just remembered something.

I really like blue cheese. It falls outside of my usual preferences, but whatever.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

honestly not a fan of American processed "cheese", either.

I can put up with it melted on a burger, but otherwise I'm with you. And I only do that if there's absolutely no way I can get cheddar first

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Okay I'm going to share something about cheese and my history with it

When I was younger I went to Subway and wanted a meatball sub and I didn't know what cheese to put on it so I just asked for cheddar because it's one of the only cheeses I can name. I also asked for pickles on it because for some reason my dad recommended it.

You probably expect this to end with "it tasted fricking disgusting" but it actually became a bit of a regular order for me. It was delicious.

• Upvote 2

Ugh, American cheese is just... ugh

I'm a fan of many of the standard cheeses. Cheddar, mozzarella, Edam, Gouda, all that stuff is nice.

Then there's great stuff like feta, Brie, Camembert and other cheeses of that ilk which I'm also a fan of.

Blue cheeses, I'm still not sure about. Tried a fair few, some I liked and some I didn't, but I'm still not entirely sold on the concept. I'll need to do some more exploration to become more... cultured in that area.

Had quite a lot of cheese when I went to France a couple of years ago. They have some absolutely delicious stuff, but since I don't speak French it's kinda hard to separate them and remember which is which.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

on my first birthday i went to this cafe with my family and my uncle hoodwinked me into taking a monster bite of his blue cheese burrito

it's the only baby picture my mom went out of her way to put front and center in the house

it's in three different places downstairs

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm a big fan of goat cheese, actually. I'd buy it all the time if it weren't so darn expensive.

Other than that, I like cheddar (extra sharp), pepper jack, swiss, provolone, mozzarella, and gruyere. The lattermost I discovered through a former flatmate of mine, who made a dish which comprised baked leeks covered in gruyere and served on a bed of rice. It was amazing.

I also recently discovered havarti by buying a block entirely by accident -- I thought it was cheddar and didn't notice until I got home.

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You